• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings - FK Partizan ***now with added Bentaleb!***

Re: Match ratings - FK Partizan

Lamela was the clear standout for me today. His work rate was immense and his skill on the ball and use of it was impressive. Some lovely touches. I particularly like his link up play with Lennon (something that was noticeable from the beginning of pre season). Also delivered some very good corners, even if we had no aerial threat in the box.

Of those who failed to impress, Dembele was the worst culprit for me. Far too often slowed down our play and failed to make or even see passes that could have hurt Partizan.

Agree

Loris 7 - critical save

Naughton 4 - stinker

Chiriches 5 - gung ho

Vertonghen 5 - not what he used to be

Davies 6 - mixed bag

Lennon 6 - at least he tries

Lamele 6 - thinks he's Messi

Paulinho 4 - painful

Dembele 5 - lost

Stambouli 7 - deserved his goal, MotM

Soldado 4 - ye gods!

Subs

Bentaleb 6 - tidy

Kane 6 - decent fk

Winks - welcome!

Nonsense.

We are ok in cup matches against poor quality opposition but I have not been impressed with one league match this season, QPR were not at the races. I liked how Southampton played what I saw of them last year and I do not want the guy sacked but things could very possibly turn very nasty unless he settles down and gets us playing soon.

We are ok in cup matches against poor quality opposition but I have not been impressed with one league match this season, QPR were not at the races. I liked how Southampton played what I saw of them last year and I do not want the guy sacked but things could very possibly turn very nasty unless he settles down and gets us playing soon.

We certainly aren't playing coherently, no surprise since we don't have a first 11 yet. Against weaker or 10 man opposition you see glimpses of what we could be.

Biggest issue for me is the lack of tempo in a lot of games, we just play too slowly and our opposition just gets to sit 11 behind the ball.

It's the results that matter for Poch for now, if we win ugly in a few of the next games, he will be ok, but a run of ugly losses ...

BTW, Bentaleb is missing from the poll.

I've given him his own poll to make amends

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1hkCwkxo2qS2_xRsH9x8yG99udtvSPvlY17Jm2GZA7EY/viewform?embedded=true" width="760" height="1000" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>

Summary of responses

No, we haven't been at all impressive. I don't think anyone would deny that. But to forecast imminent doom, as you as good as did in your post, just seemed like a huge overreaction.

No, we haven't been at all impressive. I don't think anyone would deny that. But to forecast imminent doom, as you as good as did in your post, just seemed like a huge overreaction.

I think your over reacting I only hint at a very uncertain future unless we improve. Two lucky sending offs aside we are struggling and it is not looking any better.

I think your over reacting I only hint at a very uncertain future unless we improve. Two lucky sending offs aside we are struggling and it is not looking any better.

Nice spin!

Saying that "we are in real danger of a very serious situation developing" is considerably more than merely "hinting at an uncertain future", no? ;)

BTW, we were very decent and deserved winners against Southampton and played quite well, if rather differently, in drawing against Arsenal too. But yes, overall, we have been poor. Early days, though. Far too early for prophecies of doom!

Nice spin!

Saying that "we are in real danger of a very serious situation developing" is considerably more than merely "hinting at an uncertain future", no? ;)

BTW, we were very decent and deserved winners against Southampton and played quite well, if rather differently, in drawing against Arsenal too. But yes, overall, we have been poor. Early days, though. Far too early for prophecies of doom!

I honestly hope your right, guess after seeing how it feel apart so badly for AVB i have that bad feeling. This is what supporting this fcuking club does to you after 40 years you would think I would be used to it haha

Two lucky red cards for but two against as well not mention a couple of soft pens against

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Im not calling for Poch's head yet, far too early of course.But i think we currently look worse than at any point under AVB.

So, just to recap. A dozen games into the PL season and we're two points out of fourth with Sarfampton due to drop down as the season wears on.

We've eased into the knock'emout round of the Ropa Leeg.

And we're still a huge work in progress that could hardly be playing worse and due to begin getting better as a young core of talented players begins to assert itself on how the team plays.

I can work with that.

So, just to recap. A dozen games into the PL season and we're two points out of fourth with Sarfampton due to drop down as the season wears on.

And we're still a huge work in progress that could hardly be playing worse and due to begin getting better as a young core of talented players begins to assert itself on how the team plays.

I can work with that.

:eek:k:

I can work with that.

You are obviously a glass half full person, which I envy. How many people are like me and checking how many points off relegation we are when they look at the table, rather than a top four position?

I am pretty sure we will finish above Burnley ... :)

Soldado and Lamela put in huge shifts

- Really feel for Bobby, I think he had a good game, bar the awful misses (don't know what to say), really don't understand why Poch took him off, unless he starts Sunday.
- Best game I've seen from Lennon for a while, he helps us shape and work wise.
- Naughton also had a good game except for one big error

Some nice runs from Soldado and some good through balls from the little Roadrunner, cutting in from the left.

I assume Roadrunner was moved to the left wing to give more protection to Davies.

Naughton did some excellent back post defending, a couple of good bits of control from high passes when pressed right up against the touchline - in fact, one was insanely good and in the Kanoute class - and the only real clanger he dropped was letting the ball get away from him near our box when under no pressure whatsoever.

I don't mean this as a knock on Davies, but if Davies is worth £10mln, so must be Naughton.

I can work with that.

This how I feel, good man.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Fapatalk

Some nice runs from Soldado and some good through balls from the little Roadrunner, cutting in from the left.

I assume Roadrunner was moved to the left wing to give more protection to Davies.

Naughton did some excellent back post defending, a couple of good bits of control from high passes when pressed right up against the touchline - in fact, one was insanely good and in the Kanoute class - and the only real clanger he dropped was letting the ball get away from him near our box when under no pressure whatsoever.

I don't mean this as a knock on Davies, but if Davies is worth £10mln, so must be Naughton.

Soldado infuriates more than ever nowadays. Yes he was unlucky with the shot that rebounded off the woodwork but all those ****ing flick-ons and passes to the opposition or players that are not there, plus fluffing every other ****ing chance that comes his way. It cannot go on.

Naughton I quite like but he also infuriated Thursday night. Two ludicrously-fluffed crosses when forward in space down the right flank with our attack all poised and screaming for a great cross that never came plus an out-and-out brainfart at the back first half that could so easily have cost us. Talk about Jekyl an Hyde.

Back