• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings - Aston Villa

he wasn't the main culprit for the goal - Capoue and Kaboul ahead of him for that particular instance. Villa still had everything to do with the ball out wide.

personally though i thought it was Roses worst league game for us

They all are to blame but Rose gives the ball away cheaply and didn't sprint back into position as usual. This is what frustrates me the most about him, Kyle Walker may be out of position a lot but he always sprints back like Usain Bolt, Rose just jogs back or doesn't ever go into a full sprint.

i don't think that's what we've seen from him this season. last season agreed, that was a valid point. check the highlights - Rose went in for the tackle and then lost his balance as he was pushed away, by the point he regains balance the Villa player is already out of reach and becomes Vertonghens (?) focus

Full backs = did ok
Centre backs = got bullied and slapped around by Benteke all night lucky Mason stepped in to stand up to him
Capoue = poor
Mason = quality this kid has a great future
Chadli = probably our player of the season so far
Eriksen = not his best game
Forwards = both pathetic

Subs = turned the game

Poch = got lucky needs to start Stambouli, Fazio and Kane for me

Nah mate mason was poor today, the amount he gave the ball away was shocking. Rose was the pick of the starters today and Kane was a deserved mom despite only playing about 20 mins.lamela also did ok when he came on, the rest of the team, bar chadli were dire today, we really didn't deserve to win that.

Rose was pretty awful.

Full backs = did ok
Centre backs = got bullied and slapped around by Benteke all night lucky Mason stepped in to stand up to him
Capoue = poor
Mason = quality this kid has a great future
Chadli = probably our player of the season so far
Eriksen = not his best game
Forwards = both pathetic

Subs = turned the game

Poch = got lucky needs to start Stambouli, Fazio and Kane for me

I think that's extremely harsh on Soldado. He was hardly 'pathetic'. I was pretty impressed with some of his play. He was more anonymous when Kane came on and he became the most forward player. I still think his best position is behind the main striker.

Nah mate mason was poor today, the amount he gave the ball away was shocking. Rose was the pick of the starters today and Kane was a deserved mom despite only playing about 20 mins.lamela also did ok when he came on, the rest of the team, bar chadli were dire today, we really didn't deserve to win that.

Please never post again. Mason was top draw at points and easily our best player. Your opinions are awful.

Please never post again. Mason was top draw at points and easily our best player. Your opinions are awful.

Disagree. He had an okay game, but to say he was easily our best player is OTT. I'd give it to Soldado.

Last edited:
Disagree. He had an okay game, but to say he was easily our best player is OTT. I'd give it to Soldado.

Soldado did look good, especially 1st half - just needs to finish a few. Loved when he ran from the other side of the pitch to start pushing Benteke around when that scuffle started, 1st player in. That said, I think Mason edged it looked good.
Don't know whats happened to Ade, he looks slow and cumbersome, similar with Erikson. Wish someone gave Soldado the passes that he gives to people like Ade, then he would score.

None of our players were top drawer and this mason hype machine is getting ridiculously overhyped. Going by some of the comments on here he is Steve Gerrard crossed with pirlo at the respective peaks of their careers. Eve

The Eriksen abuse is pretty shocking. Some people don't know class when they see it. The guy was trying to move us forward in the first half and many times his passes are more risky as they would result in better in product than just square passes. He was played out of position from the start and then made the spacegoat at half time. I think everyone can agree we looked more dangerous with him on the pitch as opposed to the second half up until Benteke's sending off.

Actually looking at the stats I am talking *******s re mason

Good for you!

he wasn't the main culprit for the goal - Capoue and Kaboul ahead of him for that particular instance. Villa still had everything to do with the ball out wide.

Disagree about Kaboul. Vertonghen was obviously pulled wide to help Rose out and had Benteke to deal with as well as the run from Weimann. As soon as Capoue leaves Weimann Kaboul essentially has two players to deal with. One storming in towards goal and one standing at the back post.

TimelyPoliticalAmericanriverotter.gif

For me Kaboul is doing a decent job both blocking the passing option to Benteke and being in a position to block a potential shot from Weimann or the edge of the box. Had he stepped up to Weimann the pass to Benteke would have been on, had he stayed closer to Benteke the ball to Weimann would have been even more obvious. All this in a split decision with plenty of space to defend and players storming into the box. What is Kaboul supposed to do?

Capoue for not tracking his man and Rose for letting the situation happen in the first place imo. Thing is though, once situations like these are happening in the first place mistakes like what Capoue does will happen to just about anyone. Why I think Rose is mainly to be blamed and Capoue should shoulder the rest. Arguably Vertonghen should have gotten closer to the Villa player to stop the cross, but rushing in to that situation easily leads to him getting skinned or giving a penalty away so I think that would be very harsh too.

Just shows how good he has been this season. He obviously played a part in their goal, but had a decent game in general....

Back