• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings - Aston Villa

Mulletperm

Mauricio Taricco
<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1UeWmvCXoCBFjlFETHe-rh5Xg0hX-SjKghAA9BO3V0nI/viewform?embedded=true" width="760" height="3000" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>

Summary of responses

Lloris - 6

Naughton - 5
Kaboul - 4
Vert - 5
Rose - 4

Capoue - 4
Mason - 5

Chadli - 6 (+1 for the goal)
Eriksen - 4
Soldado - 7

Adebayor - 5

Subs:
Lamela - 5
Kane - 7
Townsend - 6

Re: Ratings v Villa

Lloris - 6

Naughton - 4
Kaboul - 4
Vert - 5
Rose - 4

Capoue - 4
Mason - 6

Chadli - 6 (+1 for the goal)
Eriksen - 4
Soldado - 6

Adebayor - 4

Subs:
Lamela - 5
Kane - 7
Townsend - 6

Well done to the guys for pulling it off.

We do owe the game to Benteke being stupid ..

Still lots of questions about Poch, keeping Ade in starting line up was a risk that didn't pay off.

Defensively, the fact that we can't defend a diagonal ball repeated time and time again to the same player is massively disturbing.

Capoue/Mason doesn't seem to be the right combination, we still don't know what our midfield line up should be.

Lloris - 6

Naughton - 5 Really good tackler, but wants to get rid of the ball as soon as he has it. Weak mentally I think
Kaboul - 5 I dont know how he's our captain
Vert - 5 He should have got a red today very lucky
Rose - 5 Just when I think he's improving his crossing he goes back to his old ways. Yes he's improved this season but needs to improve even more

Capoue - 4 I would drop him for Stambouli, his concentration isnt good enough
Mason - 6 He can boss games in the future. Seems to come in and out of games at the moment

Chadli - 6 (+1 for the goal) Good finish
Eriksen - 4 Needs a kick up his ****
Soldado - 6 Just needs a goal to maybe just maybe kick start his season

Adebayor - 4 Sell him in January he doesnt seem up for it

Subs:
Lamela - 5 Starting to release the ball early
Kane - 7 Love him! made a difference from the second he was on
Townsend - 6 Tried hard to create something, seems to cross more then shoot now

Only one of the starting 11 who had a 'good' game I thought was Mason

Kaboul, Ade and Capoue were shocking, and the biggest poblem with this is that they played in such key positions

Others were below par or average

Still, win v Stoke and we might be 6th going into the international break

7 for Kane, i think that was the highlight.
Capoue was pony, amongst others. I have caned Ade on here before, but Eriksen was pathetic, and so was Kaboul. Very poor performance, despite the win, but 3 points helps!

Kaboul, Ade and Capoue were shocking, and the biggest poblem with this is that they played in such key positions

On this form I think Stoke will destroy us. Agree that the 3 mentioned were atrocious today. Seeing as they are the spine of our team no wonder we are struggling.

Lloris - 7

Naughton - 5
Kaboul - 4 - Bullied for about the 10th time already this season, my Mum could more than likely win the physical battle against him and she's in her 60s
Vertonghen - 5
Rose - 5 Very poor for their goal along with Capoue

Capoue - 4 Don't actually see what this guy adds, nothing going forward but more importantly, does **** all to help the back 4.
Mason - 6

Chadl - 7 Credit for being in the right place at the right time for the goal.
Eriksen - 6 Poor but NO WAY should he have been subbed at half time. At least 3 players should have gone off before him.
Soldado - 6 Good pass to Ade but very poor miss in front of goal.
Ade - 5 Offside, missed a great chance, contributed little. Same old Ade.

Kane - 7 Looked lively when he came on and has to surely get the start next Sunday?
Lamela - 6
Townsend - 6

Poch - 6 Needs time and can't blame him for the lack of quality in the squad, but his stubbornness/insistence on picking certain players (namely Ade and Capoue) is worryingly similar to AVB. Please just play Kane next Sunday and don't start Kaboul or Capoue.

Nah mate mason was poor today, the amount he gave the ball away was shocking. Rose was the pick of the starters today and Kane was a deserved mom despite only playing about 20 mins.lamela also did ok when he came on, the rest of the team, bar chadli were dire today, we really didn't deserve to win that.

Forgotten exactly what ratings I gave, so comments only here

Lloris - safe pair of hands, no blame for goal, good distribution

Naughton - couple of dreadful crosses, some good work but never locked things up

Kaboul - some critical clearances for sure but too often they come straight back, he is way below the standard required

Vertonghen - never looks like he's giving it his all

Rose - wayward crosses when not under pressure early on

Capoue - needs to stop arseing around arguing with the ref when he should be concentrating on the job in hand

Mason - MOM for me, his imaginative one-touch forward distribution was a joy to watch, faded towards the end

Eriksen - in poor form atm

Chadli - slightly fortuitous goal off his shin, some good runs, but we still need to see more energy and involvement from him

Soldado - excellent approach work and link-up play but WHEN WHEN WHEN is he ever going to start converting his chances?

Adebayor - looking more and more past it, has lost any cutting edge he might have once had in front of goal and doesn't put enough of a shift in to make up for it either

Subs

Kane - excellent: immediate impact as soon as he came on for Ade in the 57th minute, lucky with the deflection from his fk but his overall performance deserved it

Llamela - mixed bag, fluffed too many opportunities to put players through but at least he managed an assist

Townsend - good performance all round, excellent corner for Chadli's goal plus one or two decent runs and crosses in the short time he was on the pitch

Poch - got the result but really should have started with Kane instead of Ade

Still can't believe people are rating Eriksen so low. He made some great turns and was involved in getting us forward in the first half. He was also trying quick passes but others were just not on his level.

Mason my mom for me, most of what we did well came through him. I like how he moves the ball quickly and can get us on the front foot.

Still can't believe people are rating Eriksen so low. He made some great turns and was involved in getting us forward in the first half. He was also trying quick passes but others were just not on his level.

Yes there was some good stuff in there today - a lovely little dummy and through-pass to Ade towards the end of the first half in particular, but there were also too many stray passes, poor dead balls and too little bite in the tackle. Would you not agree he is well below his best at the moment? That's the standard most are probably judging him by.

Yes there was some good stuff in there today - a lovely little dummy and through-pass to Ade towards the end of the first half in particular, but there were also too many stray passes, poor dead balls and too little bite in the tackle. Would you not agree he is well below his best at the moment? That's the standard most are probably judging him by.

But he's still performing at a higher level than most of the team. He certainly doesn't deserve to be dropped. A below par Eriksen is still one of our best players. Put it this way, if you drop Eriksen then about 8 other players should be dropped also.

I don't understand either. If he doesn't dominate a game then he's played badly. WBA was arguably our worst home performance, as a team we were awful, to a man, everybody was ****. But he was the one with the most calls to be dropped bar Ade despite creating our two best chances in that game.

Nah mate mason was poor today, the amount he gave the ball away was shocking. Rose was the pick of the starters today and Kane was a deserved mom despite only playing about 20 mins.lamela also did ok when he came on, the rest of the team, bar chadli were dire today, we really didn't deserve to win that.

Despite being largely at fault for the goal?

he wasn't the main culprit for the goal - Capoue and Kaboul ahead of him for that particular instance. Villa still had everything to do with the ball out wide.

personally though i thought it was Roses worst league game for us

Back