• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Martin Ødegård

Robbo

Paul Walsh
I normally don't advocate signing fellow countrymen (most Norwegian footballers are pretty poor), but this kid has got something special about him. 15 years old and already dominating Norway's top division (a **** league, but still). Quick feet, good technique, good vision and a calm head for such a young lad. Probably the biggest talent in Norway for many years - since Solskjær, perhaps?

Most of Europe's big club are already monitoring his progress; Barcelona scouts have reportedly watched him on several occations. Would not be unhappy if we added Ødegård to our academy, as I think he could be a very good player. Here's the highlights I base my judgement on: 8-[

[video=youtube;IBwAU3Tlawo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBwAU3Tlawo[/video]

all the top clubs used to watch Iversen too ;).......the kid looks tasty though

im assuming the danish first tier is still roughly league 1 standard. if so, its amazing that a 15 yr old is able to play at that level. aren't there rumours linking him to liverpool for around 10million though? not sure i would want us to pay that much for someone who is probably still years away from our first team (if he even reaches that level)

I've just read about the kid until now, looks very talented. Thanks for posting. Hope he'll make it to the national team this fall, we're going to need someone with his creative capabilities. I can't see Spurs going for him though.

wow really good for his age. thanks for sharing.

i'd expect him to join a proven academy though, not ours :)

People already think he's ready for the Norwegian national team, which despite our national team's overall crappiness, would be very impressive for a 15 year old.

As for the quality of the Norwegian top division...well, it's not all that, TBH. Some decent teams, but a lot of dross. I'm guessing the best teams (Ødegård is playing for one of them) would probably struggle in the Championship, although I'm not very familiar with the quality of football in that division. Division 1 standard is still not to bad for a kid his age, though.

It's true Iversen was regarded a big talent (and he was!), but I think the difference between him and Ødegård is the mentality - from what I've read and heard, Ødegård doesn't get carried away with the hype, and is already a very professional sportsman. Very mature as well for a 15 year old. I don't think he'll spend as much time in the pub as Iversen! ;)

He's said himself he's not in a hurry to go abroad, but I'd be happy for us to bring him into our academy for the right price.

Seems super talented. One of very few Norwegians I would be happy to see us sign.

He should probably look for a slightly smaller, less physical, league where he's likely to get more games sooner as his first move. Somewhere like Ajax.

Seems super talented. One of very few Norwegians I would be happy to see us sign.

He should probably look for a slightly smaller, less physical, league where he's likely to get more games sooner as his first move. Somewhere like Ajax.

I'm sure a club like Ajax would be perfect for him, and I wouldn't be surprised if he does end up there. Both him and his father (himself a top level, Norwegian player in his day) are very serious about the kid's development. Apparently they've declined offers from both Manchester clubs as well as Bayern Munich.

Three assists this weekend and now called up to the Norwegian senior national team. Still only 15.

Three assists this weekend and now called up to the Norwegian senior national team. Still only 15.

15 years and 245 days old - will be the youngest ever to play for Norway's national team if he gets playing time against UAE on August 27th. The current record is 15 years and 351 days, but that was back in 1910.

Norwegian newspaper VG shows this graphic on how Ødegaard has done so far this season:

odegaard_endelig.jpg

14 games total, started 7.
17 shots, 10 on target, three goals.
Six assists, 0,43 per game.
Completed 396 of 468 passes (84,6 %).

In the starting XI for Norway tonight. Not sure who they're playing against and I'm sure as hell not going to waste my time watching it.

In the starting XI for Norway tonight. Not sure who they're playing against and I'm sure as hell not going to waste my time watching it.

An exciting goalless draw against some arabian nation (UAE, I think). Didn't bother watching it myself...

Ødegård played the full ninety minutes though, and according to Norway's biggest newspaper VG, he was man of the match with a 6/10 performance. Another major newspaper, Aftenposten, says that without Ødegård, Norway would have had nothing to show for themselves. Big words for a young lad. **** opposition as well, but for a 15 year old making his debut for the national team, that's pretty all right.

He might be getting a bit over hyped back home, so I take these ratings with a pinch of salt. Still impressive to make his debut for the national team so young though.

Now picked in the squad for Norway's upcoming Euro qualifiers against Malta and Bulgaria.

No way he is under 16! Is he a freak of nature or do Norwegians hit their physical prime earlier than most :) ?

I guess he's just the exception to the rule that states all Norwegian footballers are crap! ;)

Physically he's just the average 15 year old footballer though, it's his technique and understanding of the game that makes him so special, IMO.

look at how he fends of tackles, good balance but core strength still needed.
if tom carroll could grow into a body like that!

He's got great balance, I agree on that! I don't think there's too much difference between Carroll and Ødegård physically though. Apart from the fact Carroll is six years older...

If Ødegård gets game time for Norway, he will be the youngest ever player to in a Euro qualifying game, BTW. Almost a year younger than the next one on the list, some Icelandic dude who made his debut at 16 years of age.

Got half an hour tonight in Norway's 2-1 win over Bulgaria, making him the youngest ever player in a Euro qualifier, 15 years and 310 days old. Didn't watch the game, but from what I've read he had a decent performance.

FC Bayern, Real Madrid and Barcelona is leading the race to sign him apparently...but he is a Liverpool fan...

Typical...

He's a sensible lad, so hopefully he'll choose somewhere like Ajax when he inevitably moves on. Don't think England is a good move for him (unless it's us ;)), it will be too physical for him too soon, IMO. Guessing he'll stay for another reason in Norway, then moving abroad in about a year.

Back