• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lessons from Bill Nick

Which is how I interpreted Anges presser
Nothing fixes things if the work ain’t there

It is all related though. The body won't release the endorphins to get the extra energy if the brain isn't saying they are required. The brain would be saying that if subconsciously the player feels the system isn't right and preserving energy instead is the chosen path. We just played 6 games close together and my guess is some of those player football brains aren't aligned with the manager's philosophy when the body is in the red zone.

Bill Nick also used to tell his players 'when the ball goes dead, you come alive'. And I think that twice this season we've dozed off at throw ins that shortly after lead to a goal.
If the team could take only one lesson from the great man this would be high up my list at least.

It's not just the goals we have actually conceded, but other situations too.

Hope it's an area that's being looked at.

I know some clubs hire dedicated throw in coaches where this is part of their focus. But I don't think that's necessarily needed, but something to be worked on for sure.

If the team could take only one lesson from the great man this would be high up my list at least.

It's not just the goals we have actually conceded, but other situations too.

Hope it's an area that's being looked at.

I know some clubs hire dedicated throw in coaches where this is part of their focus. But I don't think that's necessarily needed, but something to be worked on for sure.
I would hope we have a coach that can just tell them to not slack off one bit when the ball goes out of play anywhere.

Back