• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

Dier will drop down to being cover. Think Fazio, Vertonghen, Kaboul first choice ahead of him. Even if Poch has enough of Kaboul Dier is reserve.

Dier will drop down to being cover. Think Fazio, Vertonghen, Kaboul first choice ahead of him. Even if Poch has enough of Kaboul Dier is reserve.

I don't think he'll be as high up the list as that, given Dier's evidently superior mobility and pace compared to the guy. I think Dier will be the perennial partner for one of Verts or Fazio, with Kaboul being the one slowly dropped as the season wears on.

We need him back. Desperately. How long till he's fit?

Back in training. Reports say he should be back for Chelsea which is beginning of December. He's very much missed. He has that pace and width we need on the right. Our left side is fine, Rose provides width, when we have that on the right as well, HOPEFULLY we see a lot more space in midfield

Back in training. Reports say he should be back for Chelsea which is beginning of December. He's very much missed. He has that pace and width we need on the right. Our left side is fine, Rose provides width, when we have that on the right as well, HOPEFULLY we see a lot more space in midfield

The funny thing is, we're almost certain to bring in Yedlin come January. If Kyle is introduced slowly even once he's fit (which seems likely), then he likely won't have settled by the time Yedlin arrives, fit and ready to go after a productive stint at Seattle. Then we'll have a surplus of right-backs. At present, we're sobbing over our utter lack of a decent one.

And they call Saudi Sportswashing Machine the ultimate 'black and white' club.

The funny thing is, we're almost certain to bring in Yedlin come January. If Kyle is introduced slowly even once he's fit (which seems likely), then he likely won't have settled by the time Yedlin arrives, fit and ready to go after a productive stint at Seattle. Then we'll have a surplus of right-backs. At present, we're sobbing over our utter lack of a decent one.

And they call Saudi Sportswashing Machine the ultimate 'black and white' club.

We lack right backs that Poch needs. In Jan we should hopefully have two fit ones. Yedlin will hopefully have Walker up his game like Davies has with Rose.

We lack right backs that Poch needs. In Jan we should hopefully have two fit ones. Yedlin will hopefully have Walker up his game like Davies has with Rose.

I hadn't thought of that. If Walker struggles at any point after the arrival of Yedlin, there's also the possibility of putting the lad on as a sub ahead of Kyle to provide some protection. Same thing with Rose and Davies.

Works for Rose.

You think?

I'm loving Rose's passion and commitment to the cause currently but I'm not seeing him solve many problems from a width point of view, defensively I'm still nervous although he's improved but it's still the crossing that's an issue, especially with the inverted wingers and it's going to continue that way it seems.

Walker will bring back his own set of drawbacks when he returns that I have not forgotten about, but I think many will have.

I'm also not trying to make a massive dig here but today was kind of why I was doubting your megastar call on Lamela the other day, he's just not there yet otherwise he wouldn't make so many errors, would love you to be right on him christ he was poor today. Lucky to be continually picked and not reaping the benefits.

You think?

I'm loving Rose's passion and commitment to the cause currently but I'm not seeing him solve many problems from a width point of view, defensively I'm still nervous although he's improved but it's still the crossing that's an issue, especially with the inverted wingers and it's going to continue that way it seems.

Walker will bring back his own set of drawbacks when he returns that I have not forgotten about, but I think many will have.

I'm also not trying to make a massive dig here but today was kind of why I was doubting your megastar call on Lamela the other day, he's just not there yet otherwise he wouldn't make so many errors, would love you to be right on him christ he was poor today. Lucky to be continually picked and not reaping the benefits.

I think youre underestimating walker. I think the way Poch wants us heavily relies on someone like Walker, or even Yedlin. They provide the width. that is why with Lamela and Chadli it feels like the play is so narrow, Dier provides nothing when it comes to going forward like someone like Walker does. Lamela will work wonders with someone like Walker behind him. Like Chadli does with Rose behind him.

When everyone is fit and Poch has realised his best midfield two is Stambouli/Mason, you'll see how much of a star Lamela will be.

Soldado
....Eriksen..Chadli..Lamela....
^........Mason........................^
|.............Stambouli...............|
Rose....Vert.....Fazio......Walker
................Lloris.....................​

Skill and guile front four with a passionate midfield with plenty of heart in homegrown Mason and Yiddo Stambouli. Pace and width created by Walker and Rose. Defensive solidarity from Fazio/Vert who need time to form a partnership infront of the GHod.

I think youre underestimating walker. I think the way Poch wants us heavily relies on someone like Walker, or even Yedlin. They provide the width. that is why with Lamela and Chadli it feels like the play is so narrow, Dier provides nothing when it comes to going forward like someone like Walker does. Lamela will work wonders with someone like Walker behind him. Like Chadli does with Rose behind him.

When everyone is fit and Poch has realised his best midfield two is Stambouli/Mason, you'll see how much of a star Lamela will be.

Soldado
....Eriksen..Chadli..Lamela....
^........Mason........................^
|.............Stambouli...............|
Rose....Vert.....Fazio......Walker
................Lloris.....................​

Skill and guile front four with a passionate midfield with plenty of heart in homegrown Mason and Yiddo Stambouli. Pace and width created by Walker and Rose. Defensive solidarity from Fazio/Vert who need time to form a partnership infront of the GHod.

You might think I'm underestimating Walker but I'd say the majority overestimate his ability, it'll be even more so as player's become better and better if they're injured whilst the teams not doing so well. Granted his bursts of pace when he gets back to full fitness will be something to get people on the edge of their seats but it'll swiftly be followed by groans as yet another cross is miscued and pummels the same unfortunate fan who usually gets the brunt of Townsend's shots

Have you seen Stambouli play a lot then because it seems you have a lot of faith in him...Maybe him and Lamela dicussions are for another thread but that's my fault for bringing him up, I would love to have the same positivity with Lamela but I just don't think it's the same being a star in the Italian league as it is here. Even with the flashy youtube videos I was thinking, these would just not be goals in the premier league and it seems to be case as he's rarely able to make the space to have a shot nevermind actually score in the PL. Granted none of the attacking four covered themselves in glory today but a compilation of Lamela would make for painful viewing, the amount of times he lost the ball with his back to goal in a none threatening area was astounding considering Saudi Sportswashing Machine's pressing wasn't even that enthusiastic.

Agree that getting Walker back would help us immensely. Without him we really lack pace - disappointing that Poch hasnt realised this and changed things around to bring Lennon in to solve the problem. Playing with zero pace or width makes it easy for the opposition

We lack pace and width. We could do with Walker back and maybe play Townsend on the left in attack. Rose is doing well in defence, but he doesn't have quite enough pace to burn past people in attack imo.

It doesn't matter if he can cross or not, just by being there and willing to use his pace to go beyond Lamella will help. At the moment Lamella is hamstrung because every one knows there is only one option for him, cut inside. The defender defends that option and space, there's no doubt where Lamella is going, it's easy. What walker or yedlin will bring is something Dier can't, uncertainty to free up space for Lamella.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Back