• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

City are about to sign Mendy for the LB role too for 40m.

They were seriously struggling for a top drawer right back and we incredibly just gave them one. We should be looking to fudge them up, not bloody help them. And the fee is meaningless in the money world football now lives in.

Might as well personally hand City the league title Levy, well done mate!
You wouldn't be sprouting such nonsense if you actually had to be Tottenham chairman for a few weeks and saw exactly what you have to deal with. Grow up....

So how much do you think we should have got. .....60? 70? 90?

£60m -£65m? They're desperate having got rid of their full backs and missed out on Alves. Plus they're a rival and he's the best RB in the league. All that adds up to a premium price

Sad to see him go, but if he wanted out, and had been wanting out for a while then better for us to move on, I reckon. Get Pereira in as a replacement.

Emirates Marketing Project is a graveyard for defenders. Kompany is the only one who has gone there and performed at a high level. Zabaletta did well too. The rest have regressed and been downright average

Greg Stobart‏@gstobart 4s4 seconds ago
Not happy about selling Walker to a PL rival, but it's Poch's choice. Important the money is used towards buying players he wants.

This is the line i keep seeing, the choice to sell him was the managers not the chairmans, Levy only tried to maximise the fee.

Presumably time will tell but i imagine something is afoot along the lines of Bedfords last post.

Event though I think we sold him slightly cheap, whether it's a good deal or it will come down to how we spend it.

If for example we get Pereira for £20m and he turns out to be as good or not much weaker than Walker, and the other £30m is used to partially fund Douglas Costa or someone like that then this could be a great deal. If we do more Sissoko like deals, it would be a rubbish deal

Greg Stobart‏@gstobart 4s4 seconds ago
Not happy about selling Walker to a PL rival, but it's Poch's choice. Important the money is used towards buying players he wants.

This is the line i keep seeing, the choice to sell him was the managers not the chairmans, Levy only tried to maximise the fee.

Presumably time will tell but i imagine something is afoot along the lines of Bedfords last post.

Poch has to deliver transfer wise. He has an average record so far so he needs to repay Levy's huge faith in him

Poch has to deliver transfer wise. He has an average record so far so he needs to repay Levy's huge faith in him

Agreed, though how many of the players we signed were Poch's first choice we dont know.

Logic would tell you that we have deals lined up for this money straight away otherwise all we will get is clubs quoting us ever higher fees.

Event though I think we sold him slightly cheap, whether it's a good deal or it will come down to how we spend it.

If for example we get Pereira for £20m and he turns out to be as good or not much weaker than Walker, and the other £30m is used to partially fund Douglas Costa or someone like that then this could be a great deal. If we do more Sissoko like deals, it would be a rubbish deal

Costa joined Juve

Come on its Barkley we all know it, he missed Evertons trip to Africa, conversations are happening behind the scenes, i wouldnt be surprised if something was announced in conjunction with Walker to sweeten the news to the fans.

And as I said if it's him and another right back and Poch thinks that makes us better then I'm all fro it

I'm genuinely a little bit emotional about Walker leaving as he has been a big part of the teams progress and I do think he isn't going to a better side or coach either, but £££ talks and apart form when he plays us then good luck to him

Back