• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

[Update 32] Archibald re: Harry watching Marseille
Who archibald
Date 15th Jan
Site Spurs Odyssey

Quote:
Sow is who he is watching.. they know all about Remy and Hazard

Harry has told Radio 5 that he is going to watch Remy today

Wonder if Harry have ever entertained the idea of keeping transfer targets quiet to himself

Haha, because other clubs wouldn't know about him if Harry didn't tell them?Don't be silly, every top club would have a scouting report on him already

HARRY RUBBISHES TORRES SWAP TALK

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has dismissed suggestions that he would consider taking Fernando Torres in exchange for Luka Modric.

Chelsea tried unsuccessfully to land Modric last summer, but they are still linked with the Croatian star.

Redknapp, who insists he wants Modric to remain at Spurs for the long-term, has now been credited with a possible interest in Torres.

But he has bee quick to play down talk of any potential deal for the Spaniard, insisting he can see him returning to his best at Chelsea.

Torres has failed to impress since his move Stamford Bridge, but Redknapp does not envisage any sort of move.

"No I have never heard that one," he said when asked about a potential Torres-Modric swap.

"I think Torres is starting to look the player that we all know he can be, the player he was at Liverpool - he is a top player no doubt that about it.

"But there is no way he is coming to Tottenham and no swap deal in the offing for Luka Modric, I think they will get the best out of him."

Redknapp remains hopeful that a new deal will be agreed for Modric.

"I don't know where they are but hopefully the chairman will come to agreement and he signs a new contract, he has got a long contract anyway," he said.

Redknapp also confirmed that on Sunday he would be travelling to the South of France to watch Marseille v Lille, with Loic Remy the reason for his trip.

"I am off to watch Marseille, I am going to go and have a look at him [Remy], we have had reports - I watched him 18-months two years, ago I doubt anything will come of it but we are looking."

http://www.sportinglife.com/footbal...STORY_NAME=soccer/12/01/15/manual_121911.html

The problem imo is that his value will soar - especially if he has a good game tonight.

Marseille are not keen on selling him until the summer with them being in the CL and fighting to be in the CL places at the end of the season.

So if he scores 2 goals tonight, it will be even harder driving the price down if more clubs gets interested in him.

But that would happen anyway, if Marseille are willing to sell in this window then they will want an auction to get the most for him that they can and on improved terms. Marseille will make sure that everyone who has watched him knows of our interest. Remy and his agent also have good reason to make sure that other clubs know because they want to get the best deal for him that they can and competition for his signiture helps them in that.

Think I'll watch the match tonight and see what the hype is about, I've only seen the highlights of Remy on You Tube so I'm cautious until I've seen him play 90 mins.
You could make Pav look good in a video!

Ahh back to that time of the year again where sad 'ITK's' regurgitate a load of drivel they have either made up, or - as if often the case - simply recycled reports from elsewhere. Torres is an absolute non-starter. He is a top class player, and frankly I am amazed at how poorly AVB has dealt with him. Would snap him up in a shot. But I do hope Harry is looking at Remy because we are absolutely serious about doing something. He would be the kind of player we need and a real statement of intent.

Back