• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

What a grade A clam

GuardianWMorgan @ColU_GoonerMark Just goes to show you have to take Twitter rumours with a pinch of salt
less than a minute ago in reply to ColU_GoonerMark

GuardianWMorgan @ColU_GoonerMark Not sure how others took it some Tottenham fans took the Hazard rumour as possible
7 minutes ago in reply to ColU_GoonerMark

GuardianWMorgan @MylesBurrell My lack of followers should have been a sign
10 minutes ago in reply to MylesBurrell

GuardianWMorgan Yesterday this account had no more than 40 followers it is amazing what a few rumours will do.
17 minutes ago

GuardianWMorgan I made this account as an experiment to see what people are willing to believe and they will accept anything
20 minutes ago

GuardianWMorgan Guys let this be a lesson any idiot can start a Twitter rumour and people will accept it.
22 minutes ago

What a grade A clam

GuardianWMorgan @ColU_GoonerMark Just goes to show you have to take Twitter rumours with a pinch of salt
less than a minute ago in reply to ColU_GoonerMark

GuardianWMorgan @ColU_GoonerMark Not sure how others took it some Tottenham fans took the Hazard rumour as possible
7 minutes ago in reply to ColU_GoonerMark

GuardianWMorgan @MylesBurrell My lack of followers should have been a sign
10 minutes ago in reply to MylesBurrell

GuardianWMorgan Yesterday this account had no more than 40 followers it is amazing what a few rumours will do.
17 minutes ago

GuardianWMorgan I made this account as an experiment to see what people are willing to believe and they will accept anything
20 minutes ago

GuardianWMorgan Guys let this be a lesson any twunt can start a Twitter rumour and people will accept it.
22 minutes ago

Twuntter.

Inter: Tevez interest is over

Inter Milan claim they are no longer interested in signing Carlos Tevez having previously held negotiations with the Emirates Marketing Project striker.

AC Milan and Paris Saint-Germain have also held talks with the 27-year-old, but no club has been able to meet City's ?ú30million-plus valuation.

With less than a week remaining of the transfer window, Tevez is presently in Argentina, having returned to South America in November, and City have stopped paying his wages.

Both the striker and his club are keen to see an end to what has become an arduous saga, which began in September after he refused to resume his warm-up in the Champions League defeat at Bayern Munich.

But on Tuesday evening, City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak outlined the club would not allow Tevez to leave in any undervalue deal and if any suitable arrangement cannot be found then they would expect the forward to honour the remaining two-and-half-years of his contract.

AC Milan have been Tevez's preferred destination, but, with PSG having pulled out of a deal because they believe it is too expensive, they now also appear to be his only option after Inter ruled out a move due to the return of other players from injury.

Inter Milan board member Marco Tronchetti Provera told Ansa: "Now we're no longer interested in Tevez. He is following a different path.

"Inter have recovered their champions and there is no need to have him or another, even if Tevez remains a great champion."

Inter, meanwhile, remain unsure over the future of Thiago Motta, who has been regularly linked with PSG.

Asked whether the midfielder will stay at the Giuseppe Meazza, Provera said: "It's a question that for now has no answer. These are choices which the club will do with the player."

Both City and Tevez deserve this. Scummy club, I hope they get stuck with a group of players they cant shift, on billions of pounds in wages in the coming years.

its all over the tabloids and from harry's mouth in black and white

its not as if KD is making up those rumours on deadline day about us going helter skelter for all those strikers , people quoting 30 million plus.

wait, are you not believeing KD or are you aware of the rumours / harry's comments but still dont believe him / them? i cant quite make it out what you're saying here.

everyone had the same questions...

1. how were we able to attempt to spend serious amounts of money in january but then all of a sudden we had to sell before we bought?
2. we sold a good amount of players..what happened to the money?
3. where did all the CL money go?

Tottenham Hotspur are not broke. the money is there for the right investment

So because it was all over the tabloids then it must be true, African give me a break dude? Have you thought to consider how naive that sounds? And can you honestly say you have never heard Harry say something that was proved to be not true? Funny how we had the whole of last Jan to sign a striker and these amazing bids only seemed to go in within the last 24 hours of the window. Where was all this money last summer when we needed to buy a striker? If we allegedly had 38.5m to spend in Jan all a sudden we seem incapable of signing a striker?

For the record I have heard the rumours but I simply do not believe them. Llorente, Rossi and Aguero were the best strikers at their various clubs. There was zero chance of them selling their best players within the last 24 hours of a transfer window when none of the affected clubs had replacements had bought in new strikers or had replacements standing buy.

Again I ask where was all this money in the Summer? I never said we are broke but I am just amazed that we seem incapable of signing a quality striker with all this money we are supposed to have.

Anyway I will watch this space and hope for the best but I am not holding my breath

[Update 46] Archibald re: Striker, Gio and Pav
Who: Archibald
Where: Spurs Odyssey
When: 25/01/12

In a thread called 'Does anyone think we should sign a striker?' Archibald said:

Quote:
we do if pav and gio leave

when asked if we have bids in for them:

Quote:
bids in for both yes. Are they leaving... nothing done yet

Saudi Sportswashing Machine has signed Pappis Demba Cisse for 10m, which seems like a reasonable price to me.

Any views as to why we didn't go in for him as well? Is he not the sort of striker we need or is he too similar to Defoe or Pav?

So because it was all over the tabloids then it must be true, African give me a break dude? Have you thought to consider how naive that sounds? And can you honestly say you have never heard Harry say something that was proved to be not true? Funny how we had the whole of last Jan to sign a striker and these amazing bids only seemed to go in within the last 24 hours of the window. Where was all this money last summer when we needed to buy a striker? If we allegedly had 38.5m to spend in Jan all a sudden we seem incapable of signing a striker?

For the record I have heard the rumours but I simply do not believe them. Llorente, Rossi and Aguero were the best strikers at their various clubs. There was zero chance of them selling their best players within the last 24 hours of a transfer window when none of the affected clubs had replacements had bought in new strikers or had replacements standing buy.

Again I ask where was all this money in the Summer? I never said we are broke but I am just amazed that we seem incapable of signing a quality striker with all this money we are supposed to have.

Anyway I will watch this space and hope for the best but I am not holding my breath

where have i said that its true because its in the tabloids? i dont think you'll find anywhere to be honest. what i'm telling you is that KD isnt just throwing up random scenarios out of thin air. these things were printed for people to read

and more importantly...Harry confirmed we tried to do all that in the last few days of the window, but of course in your smear campaign you neglect to mention that hary confirmed the rumours and the club didnt deny them and other clubs confirmed the bid (aguero). why use all the comments written by someone when you can only take a piece to satisfy your point eh? LOL

i promise you this though. as you seem to be of the opinion that nothing said by harry or the papers is worth repeating i swear to be on your case ANYTIME you use the papers or harry's comment to make a point. biggest hypocrisy on the net IMO. watch your information source run dry

Last edited:
The problem has always been that even if the club are willing to pay 40 million for a player, how will they be able to meet the personal terms of these types of players? This is why Le Arse arent signing super stars anymore. Only Cheat$ki and the Lottery Winners can afford to meet both expenses.

Gary.

Players and agents will always hold out for more. Why sign for Spurs when you think Man U or Barca might come calling? That's why we left it so late and probably why it's happening again.

Agents must love us. Cashed up, willing to splash it around, do they can use us in negotiations with no intention of ever doing a deal with us.

I bet most of the stories about player X being on Spurs' radar are just plants by agents coz it's always gonna have a sense of believability about it. We're good enough to not find the concept of Rossi joining us laughable, but no good enough to think it will actually happen.

In a way I think Henry is the best manager for us as far as transfers go, coz he's got the balls to sign someone unfashionable that he believes in, like Parker, Gallas, Bad Ade, etc.

A lot of managers would take the low risk option and go for big names only.

GuardianWMorgan Will Morgan
Bad news for Tottenham fans it seems that the Hazard deal has broken down due to Eden Hazard's high wage demands. #THFC #CFC #AFC
15 minutes ago

:ross:

if i were to hazard a guess..this is complete gonad*s

i promise you this though. as you seem to be of the opinion that nothing said by harry or the papers is worth repeating i swear to be on your case ANYTIME you use the papers or harry's comment to make a point. biggest hypocrisy on the net IMO. watch your information source run dry

Utter rubbish. What I am implying is simply because Harry says something or a story is in the paper, it does not mean it is true, it might be, then again it might not be and it applies to all managers. For instance in December Saudi Sportswashing Machine manager said in an interview he would definitely not be buying a striker in Jan, it was all over the press. Guess what, he signed a striker.

I have heard Harry say thinks that have proved to be untrue and viz-versa. I have read stories in the paper that have proved to be true and others that have proved to be untrue especially transfer rumours. It would be disingenuous for you to twist my words dude

Utter rubbish. What I am implying is simply because Harry says something or a story is in the paper, it does not mean it is true, it might be, then again it might not be and it applies to all managers. For instance in December Saudi Sportswashing Machine manager said in an interview he would definitely not be buying a striker in Jan, it was all over the press. Guess what, he signed a striker.

I have heard Harry say thinks that have proved to be untrue and viz-versa. I have read stories in the paper that have proved to be true and others that have proved to be untrue especially transfer rumours. It would be disingenuous for you to twist my words dude

Look naija, an Atletico board member was on revisitsa explaining to ballague how they rejected a bid from us that triggered his release clause (38.5m). If you don't believe arry that's fine but when Atletico are also confirming a bid is made and you still don't believe it then I'm not exactly sure how anyone can convince you otherwise.

We don't keep millions of pounds laying around (or in a bank account) in case we want to buy someone. Any money we've earned recently has been used to pay off loans. Should we find the right player, new loans will be taken out to pay for him.

How do you know we've taken out loans before? Just out of interest

I know we have taken out loans, but I don't know what for. I also know that most businesses don't keep money in the bank, they either invest it or pay it out to the owners. We have both long and short term loans, so a decent guess would be short term loans are used to come up with big sums of money when needed and then paid back quite quickly as Tottenham make quite a lot of money.

Back