• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ivan Perisic

Like most fans i believe there is no doubt that Perisic has been a great player and i can fully understand why we bought him in last summer. However he has been a dissapointment ( imo) for much of the season and can not see him getting any better.

Like most fans i believe there is no doubt that Perisic has been a great player and i can fully understand why we bought him in last summer. However he has been a dissapointment ( imo) for much of the season and can not see him getting any better.
I was so excited when we signed him initially. His performance at the World Cup was baffling to me since he appeared to do well, but with us he's like a different player. I really wonder what's going on.
As for yesterday, I do think Baldock was lucky not to get carded for his challenge on Perisic. And to his credit, Perisic kept his cool with the antics of Baldock.

I was so excited when we signed him initially. His performance at the World Cup was baffling to me since he appeared to do well, but with us he's like a different player. I really wonder what's going on.
As for yesterday, I do think Baldock was lucky not to get carded for his challenge on Perisic. And to his credit, Perisic kept his cool with the antics of Baldock.
Well that's the same for Richarlison , maybe others as well.
It suggests we aren't getting the best out of the players.
Wrong system / formation for those players?
Wrong positions for the players?

It would not have been so bad if we had signed him on a one year contract but two? Not good.

We need to pay him out of his contract asap. A reasonable gamble that didnt come off. But id rather see anyone else on the pitch than him falling off a cliff

Yep, Richarlison too, and I didn't mention potential partnerships such as between RWB and RW for example.
I can't make any judgments, just observations... too many variables at play for me to make any definitive statements.

they don't give a f@ck about playing for us
thats squarely on the manager, backroom staff and the board

PL is a different pace/pressure to international football.

This signing is 100% on Conte

Croatia are better than we are, they play a possession system that gets the best out of him and he tends to play a rather different role for them.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Any news on his injury?
I was hoping to see him as an option off the bench in a front 3. I still think his aerial ability and two-footedness can be lethal in the PL (just stamina might be an issue)

It didn't look that bad, I thought it was just cramp initially. He came back on for a few minutes after going down and then indicated that he had to come off a few minutes later.

Someone needs to get rid of that black cat that is roaming about the training pitches. Said elsewhere i can not remember a season when we have suffered so many ( long term injurys). We all know that injurys are part and parcel of football but we have been hit hard this season.

Someone needs to get rid of that black cat that is roaming about the training pitches. Said elsewhere i can not remember a season when we have suffered so many ( long term injurys). We all know that injurys are part and parcel of football but we have been hit hard this season.
Don't bring the Sunderland fan into it mate! ;)

His defensive performances have been gash, but his 5 assists have been kind of useful. Just another big, fat disappointment overall though. COYS...

His defensive performances have been gash, but his 5 assists have been kind of useful. Just another big, fat disappointment overall though. COYS...
Also, in international football he does not play as a wingback or a left back

This is a big point. I think he'd be lethal for us in a front 3. I'd certainly have had many games with him playing instead of Son or as a sub for Son

Back