• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ivan Perisic

Assists isn’t my primary concern either, it was in response to those saying his delivery is fantastic etc I would think for someone with such pinpoint accuracy Kane would have got on the end of at least one or two of his fine goalscoring creating deliveries no? My original comment was I don’t see him creating many opportunities for us from open play and I’m yet to see evidence to the contrary. He hasn’t done anything particularly wrong in open play but not seen him do anything great either - he’s never been spoke about as MOTM in match threads I’ve seen. He’s been a 6 or 7 in almost every game, with his pedigree I’d be expecting to see a few more 8s and a few goals too….

If the team is working properly he shouldn't just be crossing for kane. Son, kulu and emerson should be there.

Assists isn’t my primary concern either, it was in response to those saying his delivery is fantastic etc I would think for someone with such pinpoint accuracy Kane would have got on the end of at least one or two of his fine goalscoring creating deliveries no? My original comment was I don’t see him creating many opportunities for us from open play and I’m yet to see evidence to the contrary. He hasn’t done anything particularly wrong in open play but not seen him do anything great either - he’s never been spoke about as MOTM in match threads I’ve seen. He’s been a 6 or 7 in almost every game, with his pedigree I’d be expecting to see a few more 8s and a few goals too….

I think that’s all fair enough. I’d give him 10/10 for set piece delivery (on his left - right isn’t nearly as good) and 6/10 in open play. Think he is struggling with the pace of the league but still very valuable to have in the squad with his delivery.

His delivery is fantastic though especially from corners, thats not up for debate TBH. He has created goals and for many games his delivery from FKs and Corners has caused bedlam in the oppo box.

He goes about his play and does it with a consistent level of quality, his passing is sharp, he is calm on the ball and he does have better quality than many in the side. TBH I would but his quality and unflustered nature on the ball up there with Kane, Kulu and Benta

He goes about his play and does it with a consistent level of quality, his passing is sharp, he is calm on the ball and he does have better quality than many in the side. TBH I would but his quality and unflustered nature on the ball up there with Kane, Kulu and Benta

This. A moment that stands out for me was when he got the ball with time practically up v S.Lisbon. Instead of just lumping it into the box (like a few others would’ve done) he checked back onto his right and picked out Emerson with a perfect ball leading directly to Kane’s “goal”. (Would he have been credited with the assist if the goal stood?)

It means we have plenty of great players and plenty of chance to easily improve, be positive.

eh ok.
there must be a few more paratici can find better than perisic ?

more seriously he had a meh campaign and a lot of crosses didn't connect and while he managed to get into position for a shot, i saw him blow a number over or was too slow to get the shot off before getting blocked.

in terms of coverage and fitness, a direct comparison would be modric who ran farther, faster, went in for more tackles and provided more effective penetration centrally (which is harder than crosses) and also tracked back and defended like a beast.

to me perisic just doesn't have the engine to keep up, takes a lot more time out of the game than the entire croatian squad other than the keeper.

He is a terrible defender…. Sessegnon gets stick on here yet is a far better defender than Perisic is. Perisic cost us that game tonight.

family-guy-awful.gif

He doesn’t exactly tear up any trees in terms of output for attacking play either. Except for set pieces of course. In the PL he has one assist from open play, and 0 goals…..

Who would have thought that Ivan would be getting outscored by Royal?

Today was a bit sad watching him, loved the idea of the transfer as he is a player everyone should hold in high esteem, great achievements in the game etc but it's not working in this system and that's a worry when he's a Conte player brought in specifically for this role..

Not a defender and can not defend. Can't run anymore. He's useful in a gridiron special teams kind of way. Sadly we can't wheel him out just for the corners and crosses.

He is a terrible defender…. Sessegnon gets stick on here yet is a far better defender than Perisic is. Perisic cost us that game tonight.
They're both terrible defenders. We need better. Udogie is coming, fingers crossed he doesn't revert to the Tottenham mean.

Back