• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

Or just telling the truth?
I think he’s rated just about right. No one thinks he is as good as Rodri bar some silly Arsenal fans. He definitely made a difference to Arsenal this season and justified his price tag. More so than the likes of Caicedo who was purchased for a similar amount of money. Clearly hasn’t hit the same heights for England but not many players have.

I think he’s rated just about right. No one thinks he is as good as Rodri bar some silly Arsenal fans. He definitely made a difference to Arsenal this season and justified his price tag. More so than the likes of Caicedo who was purchased for a similar amount of money. Clearly hasn’t hit the same heights for England but not many players have.
McClean has described him exactly as he is, a good destroyer but doesn't progress the ball much. English media has hyped him to be more.

McClean has described him exactly as he is, a good destroyer but doesn't progress the ball much. English media has hyped him to be more.

What have they hyped him up to be? I see him as a 6 and I think most people do but he can also good going forward as he got 7 league goals for Arsenal including some important match winning goals. No one is saying he is as good as Rodri, he’s clearly a level below him. McClean is entitled to his opinion and he’s not wrong that we do overrate our players, although I’d say the more overrated players in recent memory are the likes of Stones, Rooney & Joe Hart rather than Rice. Rio Ferdinand even said Saka isn’t world class yet so it’s not like everyone in England believes we’ve got a team of great players. Back to McClean, it does come across as bitterness even if he is half right. Does also make me laugh how badly the Scots, Irish and Welsh are want England to lose and yet support English clubs teams.

What have they hyped him up to be? I see him as a 6 and I think most people do but he can also good going forward as he got 7 league goals for Arsenal including some important match winning goals. No one is saying he is as good as Rodri, he’s clearly a level below him. McClean is entitled to his opinion and he’s not wrong that we do overrate our players, although I’d say the more overrated players in recent memory are the likes of Stones, Rooney & Joe Hart rather than Rice. Rio Ferdinand even said Saka isn’t world class yet so it’s not like everyone in England believes we’ve got a team of great players. Back to McClean, it does come across as bitterness even if he is half right. Does also make me laugh how badly the Scots, Irish and Welsh are want England to lose and yet support English clubs teams.
Personally I'd rather England won it than Scotland, we really would be insufferable.

Personally I'd rather England won it than Scotland, we really would be insufferable.

Fair enough. I have nothing against any of the home nations personally but at the same time I don’t feel compelled to root for them considering the level of animosity they hold for England. Its not even just banter, it’s literally ABE Anyone But England.

Fair enough. I have nothing against any of the home nations personally but at the same time I don’t feel compelled to root for them considering the level of animosity they hold for England. Its not even just banter, it’s literally ABE Anyone But England.
Never understood that tbh, I get that the English media bang on about England, but that's normal and how it should.
Our media bang on about Scotland as I'm sure ever country does.
If it meant disbanding the tartan army I'd willingly let England win every tournament.

Never understood that tbh, I get that the English media bang on about England, but that's normal and how it should.
Our media bang on about Scotland as I'm sure ever country does.
If it meant disbanding the tartan army I'd willingly let England win every tournament.

We do also love to write off players who haven’t done well in the PL and we say it’s the best league in the world every year regardless of the quality of the other European leagues. I do think we’ve had the strongest league for the last 5 years or so but that wasn’t the case when Spanish teams were dominating the CL and EL.

We do also love to write off players who haven’t done well in the PL and we say it’s the best league in the world every year regardless of the quality of the other European leagues. I do think we’ve had the strongest league for the last 5 years or so but that wasn’t the case when Spanish teams were dominating the CL and EL.

It's the most entertaining league by far, not convinced it is the best quality of football.

It's the most entertaining league by far, not convinced it is the best quality of football.

Difficult to define what is the best but the PL is more competitive in the sense that more teams can win it. I know some may scoff at that as Emirates Marketing Project have won it 4 years running but they’ve rarely ran away with it. More English teams are capable of winning the CL than any other country.

Probably take the lead after 25-30 mins and then sit back and try grind it out.

The attempted assassination of Kane on the BEEB post game was atrocious, all of them talking absolute gonad*s and when Kane basically confirmed he was playing based on tactics and instructions in his interview they all shut up.
There's been some talk that Kane still ain't fully fit. Southgate hinted something about not being able to press as a team with the players we have at the moment too and sort of hinted at it being because of Kane

Southgate claiming the players aren't fit enough to play his system. Hmmm.

What a weak excuse given he chose the squad after he had the ability to run the eye over them.

Also if the players can't fit your system and you can't select different players then, genius, it is on you to come up with a system that fits the players rather than make lame excuses.

Southgate claiming the players aren't fit enough to play his system. Hmmm.

What a weak excuse given he chose the squad after he had the ability to run the eye over them.

Also if the players can't fit your system and you can't select different players then, genius, it is on you to come up with a system that fits the players rather than make lame excuses.

I just came on after I heard this, sky reporter was right up Southgates arse mentioning the players are not taking in instructions/ not been technically good enough.

insane

Mental to take a player like that if they are not fully fit from the off.

I get it if it’s a Kane, Rooney or Beckham, but if it’s not someone at that level it’s a waste of a spot.
...and then top it by not bringing a proper back up LB. I get England are not exactly spoilt for choice in that position, but playing a natural LB would be massively beneficial IMO. Even if the player is ordinary.

...and then top it by not bringing a proper back up LB. I get England are not exactly spoilt for choice in that position, but playing a natural LB would be massively beneficial IMO. Even if the player is ordinary.

Yeah, no excuse at international level, just take the best 2 fit players who play that role regularly, even if the second choice is playing in the championship.

Saka can play there. He's played there for both england and arsenal. It was his original position.

This is the crux, the midfield is really weak, and both CB’s are “second CB’s”, who have a stronger/more vocal partner at their club.

There is no control in the middle of the pitch.

Yet Southgate thought it'd be fine to leave behind the best performing English CB in Europe on current form in Dier. Experience, leadership, the ability to ping a 40 yarder if necessary...I think Stones and Guehi have been very good in all fairness, but if one of them gets hurt, we're fudged because Dunk is a carthorse at this level.

Back