• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

Odd seeing Kane not dropping deep, I wonder if that's been explicitly requested of him. He's has had about one touch.

Bellingham showing his class, Saka and Foden looking productive and the team is playing well enough. Could do with another goal.

I agree, But wouldn't bring up Grealish. He's had every inch of creativity drilled out of him by Pep over the last couple of seasons to the point where he's a shadow of the Villa player before.

I haven’t watched him this season but think Grealish can turn defenders better than Saka. Despite all the partisan gushing from commentators Saka only beat his man once from dribbling. He did have a couple of excellent overlapping runs to open Serbia up.

I know Foden is better than he showed today, but on today’s game Maddison should be miffed. Foden and Tripper need to show a lot more.

The Crystal Palace CB looked sharp, played well.

Odd seeing Kane not dropping deep, I wonder if that's been explicitly requested of him. He's has had about one touch.

Bellingham showing his class, Saka and Foden looking productive and the team is playing well enough. Could do with another goal.

Shearer went on about how Kane should stay high. But Kane dropping deep occasionally and Bellingham taking that cue to run through into a striking position would make us more dynamic and less predictable up front. Teams just mark Kane out the game atm

Last edited:
I haven’t watched him this season but think Grealish can turn defenders better than Saka. Despite all the partisan gushing from commentators Saka only beat his man once from dribbling. He did have a couple of excellent overlapping runs to open Serbia up.

I know Foden is better than he showed today, but on today’s game Maddison should be miffed. Foden and Tripper need to show a lot more.

The Crystal Palace CB looked sharp, played well.

Playing Trippier at LB restricts Fodens options, Trippier never looks for the overlap and over 90% of his successful passes are sideways or backwards. I can't understand how Walker-Peters is not given a chance he can play at LB. I can't remember his name but the Ipswich LB has got good reports this season, anything would be an improvement on Trippier at LB. TAA is never a midfield player, he has no positional awareness.

Surely we have better players for LB than Trippier? Yes he’s experienced with a sweet cross, but at this level he’s not of the calibre. Similar applies to Saka. He’s a decent group stages player, but not beyond. Not an elite level attacker for me. Whether Grealish or another player idk. Saka should be in the squad, an excellent option off the bench.

Other than that we’re a decent side.
Saka is miles better than Grealish.

Saka is miles better than Grealish.

Imo Grealish can beat defenders - international ones - far more than Saka can. Sakas off the ball runs and work rate may be better. Both are similar in quality. I don’t think Grealish is perfect just that Saka is a bit limited at the top level. Still an excellent player.

Playing Trippier at LB restricts Fodens options, Trippier never looks for the overlap and over 90% of his successful passes are sideways or backwards. I can't understand how Walker-Peters is not given a chance he can play at LB. I can't remember his name but the Ipswich LB has got good reports this season, anything would be an improvement on Trippier at LB. TAA is never a midfield player, he has no positional awareness.

It’s odd to play TAA in midfield when he could (presumably) play at left back? A better option than Trippier if he could switch sides. I guess Southgate likes playing TAA there as he can cover walker (who becomes an CB T times), or TAA can get wide and cross when attacking. But he didn’t look comfortable in the middle.

I’d consider playing Foden in midfield instead of TAA, and play TAA at LB.

It’s odd to play TAA in midfield when he could (presumably) play at left back? A better option than Trippier if he could switch sides. I guess Southgate likes playing TAA there as he can cover walker (who becomes an CB T times), or TAA can get wide and cross when attacking. But he didn’t look comfortable in the middle.

I’d consider playing Foden in midfield instead of TAA, and play TAA at LB.
A lot of potentially good solutions imo.

For me the most obvious one would be Bellingham a bit deeper and Foden as the #10. Get a winger on the left instead of having a wide player there who wants to cut inside ahead of a 50 year old right back thus getting little real width. Then whoever plays left back you'd still have width on the left. And perhaps not nullify Foden who is a brilliant player, but needs a bit of movement around him.

But Bellingham is a star and plays as a #10 for Real Madrid so he has to play there even if the entire team is left unnecessarily unbalanced.

Far from Southgate's biggest critic and not an England fan (particularly with no Spurs players). But this kind of thing baffles me.

Edit: TAA inverting from the left probably would be quite good. But he and the team would need a wide/winger type ahead of him. If not you're just constantly getting congested.

Same team tonight apparently, ridiculous

Imagine choosing to stick with a winning team, absolute madness isn't it. Obviously England have a consistent record of easily winning the opening game of the Euros time and time again (hint - That absolutely isn't the case).

Even if we actually win the competition you'll still bitch and moan the whole way through and then declare we won it despite Southgate.

Bunch of ungrateful and overly entitled moany bitches for no plausible reason, seems to be the way with England fans these days. It must be comforting to have made up your mind from the off but possibly not as fun, don't let that notion interrupt your whining though.

It's one thing to discuss different ways of approaching the team / decisions made but just to vaguely call everything ridiculous without offering any suggestion is the braindead moaning that is to be expected I guess.

Imagine choosing to stick with a winning team, absolute madness isn't it. Obviously England have a consistent record of easily winning the opening game of the Euros time and time again (hint - That absolutely isn't the case).

Even if we actually win the competition you'll still bitch and moan the whole way through and then declare we won it despite Southgate.

Bunch of ungrateful and overly entitled moany bitches for no plausible reason, seems to be the way with England fans these days. It must be comforting to have made up your mind from the off but possibly not as fun, don't let that notion interrupt your whining though.

It's one thing to discuss different ways of approaching the team / decisions made but just to vaguely call everything ridiculous without offering any suggestion is the braindead moaning that is to be expected I guess.

I agree to a point, but that's the way football fans are, nothing ever good enough. I get frustrated watching Trippier playing at LB just as much as I did watching LoCelso, my opinion is that any professional player should be able to use both feet to pass or cross a ball (including Messi). Playing Trippier on the left makes Englands play restricted and predictable and a manager should be able to resolve that problem.

Only change I’d consider making is having Foden as the number 10 and Bellingham deeper but allow him to get forward as well. I get the argument that potentially makes Bellingham less effective. I suppose it’s who do you prioritise playing in their best position more? Bellingham or Foden? Tough call. I’ve heard people say Foden roams around for Emirates Marketing Project and doesn’t stick to one position but he has more of an understanding with his full backs at Emirates Marketing Project.

Back