• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

I’m not anti Southgate or anything and it annoys me that the manager always gets the blame whenever England lose and the players always get away with it but I do feel he should walk or the FA need to act if we don’t win the euros depending on the circumstances. You need to see progression and whilst our defence isn’t very good, there aren’t many nations who can compete with our forwards in terms of quality and strength in depth. I wouldn’t necessarily say we’re the clear favourites and whilst you can never discount teams like Italy that know how to win, I’d say it’s only really France that have a squad of similar quality to us. I don’t think that’s being arrogant, that’s just my honest assessment and it would be nice to see Southgate allow the players to play with more freedom and be more daring rather than the typical Safegate approach.

How are we above Portugal, or Belgium in anyone’s mind?

How are we above Portugal, or Belgium in anyone’s mind?

I think we have better players. Portugal still rely on a 39 year old Ronaldo. Belgium still play Vertonghen. I know defensively we are far from the best but I don’t think anyone other than France can compete with our midfield and forwards.

A shame on a personal level that he won’t go. However a few weeks off and a good pre-season will hopefully put him in good stead for next season.

Centre back options are poor to say the least. This will be our downfall against the big boys.
England just needs to go all in Ossie style, and try to outscore the opposition. Certainly not the time for a defensive set up.

Back