• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Just looked it up 2 years 2 months he's been with us. What's your point?

Well...erm...your calculation is wrong? And again? (He joined on/very near the deadline day in August 2013, so GHod knows where your 2 months comes from...)

Makes a difference in how you judge a player's time (i.e. how long they've had to perform); plus remember that he had a long injury post Christmas 2013 as well.

I remember very well. He's a flop. You can admit that can't you?
Roy, for some crazy reason ( perhaps because I am misguided) I believe there is enough quality there that he is worth persisting with for one more season. Poch thought the same. I fully accept you may be right I just don't want to give up on him yet.

Roy, for some crazy reason ( perhaps because I am misguided) I believe there is enough quality there that he is worth persisting with for one more season. Poch thought the same. I fully accept you may be right I just don't want to give up on him yet.

Hey buddy. I don't see it. Nor does anyone who sits near me or I talk to. We live in hope....

Ok assuming you're being serious for one moment....

Lamela has had long enough now. If you think he'll come good then good for you.

I do; much like i thought Bale would at that time.

Just to be sure, i'm not saying Lamela is or will be as good as Bale, but at this point in their careers with Spurs they have both been similarly underwhelming; Some may say Bale more so (if we disregard the price tag). I know Lamela is older than Bale was when he joined us, but unlike Bale he had a history of good play in a (relatively) top league.

Bale turned it around later in his third season with us; i think it's fair to give Lamela the chance to do the same

Just to be sure, i'm not saying Lamela is or will be as good as Bale, but at this point in their careers with Spurs they have both been similarly underwhelming; Some may say Bale more so (if we disregard the price tag). I know Lamela is older than Bale was when he joined us, but unlike Bale he had a history of good play in a (relatively) top league.

Bale turned it around later in his third season with us; i think it's fair to give Lamela the chance to do the same

Lamela is a fraction of the player Bale turned out to be. The comparison is scandalous.

As I say if you want to keep the faith then fine. I'll certainly not boo him at matches, rather encourage him, but he is a waste of space in the squad.

Bale was a kid when he signed for us and by the time bale was lamellas age and experience he was miles ahead of him like for like

Lamella was a fully fledged international coming to play in his third country and was 4 years older in his first season

A better comparison would be Acimovic maybe or possibly Dumtrescu if you watched us a while back and are old enough

Back