• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How did the strikers we were linked to last summer

He was something ... really seemed to be frighteningly good ..

is it mental or has his body gone?

Who knows but he is not the player he was and his club really want to sell him. Not sure he is a team player and I do not think he would fit in here. He has had a lot of injurys and especially hamstring one's from what I read.

Who knows but he is not the player he was and his club really want to sell him. Not sure he is a team player and I do not think he would fit in here. He has had a lot of injurys and especially hamstring one's from what I read.

Probably don't have to worry, Poch doesn't seem to buy anyone that even has a question over the "team player" part

Pato has been doing really well in Brazil. He looks over his injury problems that troubled him at the end of his time at Milan.

The issue is he's being playing well for Sao Paulo, but is owned by Corinthians. Corinthians want to sell him to stop him doing so well for their rivals

super old thread dug up here ...

So to make it seem more relevant, who were we linked with this summer?

- Ings
- Berahino
- Benteke

A few other European players that escape me at the moment

Be interesting to do a full list, prices and current returns ..

Ings value (injury aside) will have increased massively because he has a contract now. Benteke hasn't completely Andy Carrolled yet, so is probably par. Berahino's value has probably done down by about 1/3 because of his shortening contract.

Ayew who went to Swansea would have been a smart buy

Pato has been doing really well in Brazil. He looks over his injury problems that troubled him at the end of his time at Milan.

The issue is he's being playing well for Sao Paulo, but is owned by Corinthians. Corinthians want to sell him to stop him doing so well for their rivals

The Guardian article that I liked to on the previous page says that his loan deal ends this winter and that Cornithians are looking to sell because they cannot afford his wages

The Guardian article that I liked to on the previous page says that his loan deal ends this winter and that Cornithians are looking to sell because they cannot afford his wages

They also don't think the fans would stomach bringing back someone who has been doing so well for their rivals. Imagine us loaning say Lamela to Arsenal for 18 months and him becoming a hero there. Would we want him back at the end of the loan?

They also don't think the fans would stomach bringing back someone who has been doing so well for their rivals. Imagine us loaning say Lamela to Ar5ena1 for 18 months and him becoming a hero there. Would we want him back at the end of the loan?

of course we would

They also don't think the fans would stomach bringing back someone who has been doing so well for their rivals. Imagine us loaning say Lamela to Ar5ena1 for 18 months and him becoming a hero there. Would we want him back at the end of the loan?

I don't think there's any chance of that ever happening. I can't think of any time a team in England has ever loaned a player to their rivals, and I don't mean in the sense of QPR and Chelsea who aren't that fierce a derby anyway.

And even if he is doing well for their rivals I find it strange that they wouldn't want him back for that reason. I'm also guessing that the badge kissing is down to some sort of falling out with Corinthians management.

Mitrovic looks a very useful striker. Although he also looks unpolished and probably a move to a Saudi Sportswashing Machine-sized club was the right thing for him.

Haven't seen Berahino this season, but I hope we're looking at other options come January if we want to sign another striker. Just seems so... underwhelming.

Michu has been released by Swansea. There have been rumours about him retiring because he can't get 100% fit.

Mitrovic looks a very useful striker. Although he also looks unpolished and probably a move to a Saudi Sportswashing Machine-sized club was the right thing for him.

Haven't seen Berahino this season, but I hope we're looking at other options come January if we want to sign another striker. Just seems so... underwhelming.

Mitrovic looks like a red card waiting to happen every game

Mitrovic looks like a red card waiting to happen every game

Close to it at least... Part of why I think he looks unpolished. And why I think a move to Saudi Sportswashing Machine was probably good for him. At Spurs he'd have found regular starts much harder to get and some poor decisions and a red card and he would have been feeling the pressure already when what he probably needs is a solid run of PL football to continue developing.

I think 2-3 years from now he could go for big money to a bigger club than Saudi Sportswashing Machine is what I'm saying. But I also think we were probably right not to sign him this summer despite that. If that makes sense...

Back