• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Highlight of our season?

7percent

Pascal Chimbonda
Just saw GPRD81's thread about the worst ever season and while our season might not have been that bad I am struggling to think of anything that's happened this season that I can get excited about.. I think even in previous bad seasons there's been a result or two that would bring a smile to my face.

Possibly beating united at Old Trafford, but then this season everybody has beaten United..

What's your 'highlight'?

Apart from beating ManU, can't think of any other positive highlights from this season. Maybe getting that draw against Chelsea and ManU at home deserves some credit as well. The wonder goal by Sandro against ManU at home and the celebration by the players and AVB after that deserves special mention too.

There hasnt been too many times Spurs have left a smile on my face this year, cannot wait for this cluster**** of a season to be over..

Hasn't happened yet, but it will be the final whistle of the final game.

pretty much

I know that statistically we have been far worse on many occasions but I've been following Spurs since the mid 80's and I've never been more depressed than I am now, we were finally getting our ducks in a row then we turned the shotgun on ourselves

the only positive I can think of is the defensive performance against villa earlier in the season

My standards are definitely a lot lower, and it seems I am easily pleased.

Wasnt at United but it was certainly one of the highlights of the season, if not the one. A close second has to be the Adebayor goal celebration at St Marys and probably the last 10/15 mins at SJP

Other Personal highlights from this season
Siggys winner v Southampton
4-0 Cup win on the Tuesday night at Villa
3-1 win at Swansea, top day out

Granted, after that, its been pretty much a damp squid.

My standards are definitely a lot lower, and it seems I am easily pleased.

Wasnt at United but it was certainly one of the highlights of the season, if not the one. A close second has to be the Adebayor goal celebration at St Marys and probably the last 10/15 mins at SJP

Other Personal highlights from this season
Siggys winner v Southampton
4-0 Cup win on the Tuesday night at Villa
3-1 win at Swansea, top day out

Granted, after that, its been pretty much a damp squid.

Yeah, coming back from 0-2 having been totally outplayed first half. That and beating Man U at OT were my highlights.

Beating utd I guess, but I enjoyed paulinho's last minute winner at Cardiff, hammered them that day and I had such high hopes after that performance..

In addition to some of the above....

I liked the performance away to Benfica. Nothing positive had been expected of our team on their visit to Benfica and yet we came so, so close to a famous victory. And all this in spite of a weak squad. A couple of excellent Chadli goals mixed in for good measure too.

The 1-1 v Chelsea was good but served as a false dawn for me. I liked our defensive shape and the lines that we were holding. Little did I realise then how ruthlessly our defence was to be taken apart in future and just how many cluster ****s we would see over the course of the season. So many that we look to be fighting for 6th now, rather than for a place in the CL which had looked possible.

We were largely rubbish at home to Everton. Yes, we won, but we could have been a couple of goals down by the time that we scored. We scored with our first shot on target! I can enjoy wins like that but it can't be defined as a highlight for me.

first half of Everton away was pretty good as well I suppose, could easily have been 5 up at half time

lucky to get out with a point at the end, typical bloody spurs

Our away support for me has been the highlight of the season. Even at etihad and anfield last week we done ourselves proud

last minute winner away to Cardiff......great goal, great celebrations
fh5KWv5.png
article-2426898-182C2B9300000578-970_634x390.jpg
images

Our away support for me has been the highlight of the season. Even at etihad and anfield last week we done ourselves proud

I'll agree about our away support being excellent. Thanks to those of you who have contributed to this. I love that every time I see the games, I'll hear our fans loudly singing and cheering the team on. I hope that we can start generating that kind of support at home in future.

Back