• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

As a player - absolutely. I dont argue.

Though lets be honest - as a player - who WOULDNT he be great for?

My point was around the profile, the marketing potential, the PR in spending the money on him - to my eye he just isnt that guy for them.

He looks like a throwback to the black and white days of football when the ball weighed 5kg, has no ego - is genuine and down to earth, speaks like he has a mouth guard in - he just doesnt fit "the package" for a club like Real, IMO.
In his earlier days Beckham was an embarrassment every time he opened his mouth. Kane is well spoken by comparison.

Wages, wages, wages. And no perspective whatsoever.

The last thing I read, Kane is paid £110.000 a week + bonuses. That's pretty superstar to me. Just because there are financially doped clubs throwing three times that amount at inferior players, doesn't mean Kane is on a low salary. I wish journalists would stop taking the easy route and add that bit of perspective to their writing; asking questions about the direction in which football is going financially, how skyrocketing wages affect the game, players and fans, and whether a wage cap or other means to limit the influence of money on the modern game would make the game better and more competitive.

Anyways, is Kane fit for tonight?
My favourite post of the year.

Neville is a Red Devil through n through and he can see someone like Kane with say Dier n alli n rose would transform manure into league challengers no doubt. It's wishful thinking on his part though as unlike him Kane is Spurs through n through and is not going to jump ship just for the sake of a few extra shekels.

If I'm being honest if all your worried about is maximising your earnings potential you will never be a great player like a messi or ronaldo. Like Poch I believe truly great players have passion for the game first and foremost and Kane is one of those special players who I think does have passion for the game.

"Running out of superlatives, to describe Harry Kane"

They can't even use that one anymore

When you add amazing assist like that to his mind blowing goal scoring stats there is no way I cannot say he is the best striker I have ever seen play for us. I am not old enough to have seen Greaves but this this is something special.

Sky would be jizzing if that had been a Messi or Kevin De Bruyne assist

"Running out of superlatives, to describe Harry Kane"

They can't even use that one anymore
Hate that expression, it is used by the mainly thick people in football because they think it makes them sound clever. Why do people just talk gonad*s all the time. I had so many people telling me that the period between 25th of December and New Years was an awkward time of the year that I had to tell them to fcuk off in the end.

Back