• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Were we ever under any delusion that as soon as Barca came knocking bale would stay?

Would any player for any club (excluding Real perhaps) turn down Barca? Playing for much more money for a chance to go down as part of one of histories great teams. Would hold no grudge if he went

If this were to happen Barca would have to send players along with money, as they wont pay the 50m+ I think Levy wants.

As much as I'd hate for him to leave, far bigger loss than Modric imo but if it's Barca then I'll get over it... couldn't bare to see him ripping us apart at WHL in the EPL.

We lost all our moral high ground when it came to tapping up players when we hired Redknapp.

Barcelona and Real Madrid are two of the worst culprits in the world.

Well, for the record I think what Arry does is equally despicable and have said so numerous times.

But this is part of a well-worked system of messangers and pawns. As Wriggly says - the next level

We lost all our moral high ground when it came to tapping up players when we hired Redknapp.

Barcelona and Real Madrid are two of the worst culprits in the world.

Of course. Because they are at the top of the food-chain. Just like United, previously Chelsea and now City are among the worst in England. I think Bolton and Wigan would be just as bad if they had the chance.

I don't see much difference between this and what Harry regularly says.

This will happen when we have quality players, I don't see the big deal.

I agree totally. Besides is it really different from Benny on Hazard?

Benoit Assou-Ekotto believes that Eden Hazard possesses the necessary quality to be a Tottenham Hotspur player.

The young Belgian international has been continually linked with a move to White Hart Lane when, as anticipated, he leaves French champions Lille in the summer.

Spurs full-back Assou-Ekotto has no doubts over Hazard's ability to adapt to life with the North London club.

"He can succeed. He has the talent to," Assou-Ekotto told French radio station RMC.

Well, for the record I think what Arry does is equally despicable and have said so numerous times.

But this is part of a well-worked system of messangers and pawns. As Wriggly says - the next level

Oh without a doubt the Spanish big two are ridiculous with this. They spent about 4 seasons each tapping up Ronaldo and Fabregas.

Were we ever under any delusion that as soon as Barca came knocking bale would stay?

Would any player for any club (excluding Real perhaps) turn down Barca? Playing for much more money for a chance to go down as part of one of histories great teams. Would hold no grudge if he went

I don't think this is about his perceived desire to leave - more about the way in which those clowns go about their way to materialise their transfer targets

Of course. Because they are at the top of the food-chain. Just like United, previously Chelsea and now City are among the worst in England. I think Bolton and Wigan would be just as bad if they had the chance.

So if you have money - it somehow justifies tapping up players through your own squad members?

Do you think these kinds of comments change the opinions of players like Bale all that much?

Was Fabregas any less interested in signing for Barca before they started talking about how much the wanted to sign him? Did it take overt comments from Real about Christiano Ronaldo to turn his attention towards Madrid?

Most players would accept a move to these clubs if they have a chance, most players will have dreams, if not ambitions, to play for clubs like these.

So if you have money - it somehow justifies tapping up players through your own squad members?

I don't see this as tapping up. For me "tapping up" includes some kind of hidden activity, through agents, family members etc. This is out in the open and obvious and I don't really see much, if anything, wrong with it.

If a club wants to declare their interest in signing another player, is that really all that bad?

Do you think these kinds of comments change the opinions of players like Bale all that much? Yes - undoudtedly - especially for buffoons who only watch CL games and G-14 matches and have little to no knowledge of football outside the mega-ric bubble - it also informs the agent that the final cycle can now commence without contact him directly which would be theoretically against the rules

Yes - undoudtedly - especially for buffoons who only watch CL games and G-14 matches and have little to no knowledge of football outside the mega-rich bubble - they are part of the massive market who make this massive clubs existance sustainable

It also subtedly informs the agent that the final cycle can now commence without contacting him directly which would be theoretically against the rules

Whether the players have ambitions and dreams means fudge all - they're paid employees of this club and like all mercenaries would do as they're told, right Luka? Player Power can fudge right off, if you ask me

Last edited:
I don't see this as tapping up. For me "tapping up" includes some kind of hidden activity, through agents, family members etc. This is out in the open and obvious and I don't really see much, if anything, wrong with it.

If a club wants to declare their interest in signing another player, is that really all that bad?

Sorry, but you sound a tad naive - this is a coded message which doesn't take an Enigma to decypher and figure our what the subject line reads.

And also, I think fans get too bothered by tapping up. Probably because when it comes out in the media, it reminds the fans there is a more succesful or richer club going after your player.
If Barcelona were really going for Bale, they would have made tentative enquiries with Levy and Bale's agent. These would be much more likely to affect Bale than Alves speaking about him in the media.

]Yes - undoudtedly - especially for buffoons who only watch CL games and G-14 matches and have little to no knowledge of football outside the mega-ric bubble. It also subtedly informs the agent that the final cycle can now commence without contacting him directly which would be theoretically against the rules

Whether the players have ambitions and dreams mean fudge all - they're paid employees of this club and like all mercenaries would do as they're told, right Luka? Player Power can fudge right off, if you ask me

Who are you calling buffoons? The players? I don't understand. This is Barca, this is a CL regular, G-14 club. Wouldn't these buffoon players already know about Barca?

Sorry, but you sound a tad naive - this is a coded message which doesn't take an Enigma to decypher and figure our what the subject line reads.

Why did you leave out the rest of my post?

"If a club wants to declare their interest in signing another player, is that really all that bad? "

It's not like I don't understand that clubs use this kind of methods to declare their interest in a player. I just don't see all that much wrong with clubs declaring an interest in a player.

No - the followers and massive markets outside Europe - one of the main economic life-lines to these clubs

What does that have to do with this subject?

How does this affect the player? The club that currently has that player under contract? How is it immoral?

My question was "Do you think these kinds of comments change the opinions of players like Bale all that much?"

Why did you leave out the rest of my post?

"If a club wants to declare their interest in signing another player, is that really all that bad? "

It's not like I don't understand that clubs use this kind of methods to declare their interest in a player. I just don't see all that much wrong with clubs declaring an interest in a player.

There is a certain procedure to follow which has been accepted as legislation by the governing bodies. Any deviation from that surely contravenes that and is considered unlawful?

- Club A contacts Club B regarding Player X

- B states X is not for sale. A fudges off

- B states they'd be willing to do business, accept a subsequent offer and five A permission to talk to X and his agent and finalise personal terms

Back