• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

article-2378748-1B001E48000005DC-910_306x431.jpg

Spurs want 120 mill euros, 103 mill pounds, for Bale

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2378748/Gareth-Bale-cost-103million--Tottenham-Hotspur-tell-Real-Madrid.html

haha so funny. Didnt they just rehash the Modric story haha

This has been found on SC, a poster's opinion of Bale back in Sept 2008.

is a left back and should always be a left back.

Will people on this board and other board's who suggest he should play left midfield get real. He does not have a trick or the electric pace to play out wide. He does his best work coming from deep on to a ball instead of having his back to play receiving it.

As for people who question his defensive ability he is 19 for godsake!!

ILS, Sep 24, 2008

:lol:

I remember about the same time, maybe year before, I wrote that Kaboul and KPB were rubbish at the time but I felt that one day they would be world class players, unsurprisingly I got absolutely slated....... :-"

Last edited:

I remember sticking up for Gareth saying we should play him LM when posters were encouraging us to get yes Stewart Downing. I'm sure it was nyimfromthehalfwayline

Bale will cost you £103m! Real quoted eye-watering world-record transfer fee by Spurs for superstar Welsh winger

Very funny title. :lol:

But Levy deserves full credit and respect if it is true that he put 103m price tag on Bale. He will deserve standing ovation if he keeps that valuation until atleast end of next season.=D>

Last edited:

I actually look forward to going on Marca each day now, each day is better than the last

Carlos Carpio. Madrid 07/26/2013

"You made me a promise. You promised me if we didn't qualify for the Champions League and a good offer turned up you'd listen to it. Well that offer has arrived and I want to play for Real Madrid. So keep your word and negotiate". Daniel Levy, who is famed for being a hard business man, discovered the hard way that 24 year-old Gareth Bale doesn't beat about the bush. Accustomed as he is to tough meetings, the one Levy had with the player last Wednesday in London was a real eye opener.

Bale was just as direct in his approach to the Chairman as he is when he plays on the pitch of White Hart Lane. The Welsh forward left little room for doubt: "I'm not interested in Manchester United or any other club. I only want to play for Real Madrid." Bale is under contract at Spurs until 2016 but his agent, Jonathan Barnett, struck up a deal with Florentino Pérez and José Angel Sánchez in a meeting held in Madrid on 25th June. Should the deal be accepted, Bale will spend the next six seasons at the Santiago Bernabéu, where he stands to earn between €9 and 10 million.

The clock is ticking and although there has been no official response to Real Madrid's initial offer as yet, which amounts to just over €60 million, at Tottenham an air of resignation is seeping in as they are beginning to accept the inevitable. It is clear that where Bale would really rather be next week, rather than in Hong Kong, is in LA...and dressed in white.

My response in the have you found an error box today was :

Lies lies and more lies, do you all sit round in your offices every morning seeing who can come up with the most outlandish made up story to put in the paper each day, must be a fantastic game to play, your definately making a lot of spurs fans laugh every day with your latest flimflam blurb, keep it up, good work

Paolo Di Canio has labelled it a killer pitch and Andre Villas-Boas wants to pull out altogether - the Asia Trophy is on the brink.

Officials decided to play just 40 minutes a half in Spurs' 3-1 win over the Black Cats as the weather made proceedings farcical. That, Villas-Boas argues, is having a detrimental effect on preparations for the Premier League season.

.'

we won?

The thing I find weird is that Levy has not said anything to the press. If you look at United wanting Fabregas, Barca chairman has come out and said he is not for sale and they dont care what United offer. Why can't Levy do that if he is not for sale?

The thing I find weird is that Levy has not said anything to the press. If you look at United wanting Fabregas, Barca chairman has come out and said he is not for sale and they dont care what United offer. Why can't Levy do that if he is not for sale?

We have no idea what's going on behind the scenes with Bale's contract negotiations. It's possible that Levy feels that making *any* public statement right now might have an adverse effect on the talks with Bale's agent. I'd love to see Levy slap down Madrid publicly, but for all we know it may not be a good idea for some reason.

I guess. Maybe we just like to do things behind closed doors with a bit of dignity,

Surely, as has been discussed in this thread when Madrid and Zidane were drooling over Bale.

Levy coming out with some grand statement might give some of our fans some comfort, but ultimately what we as fans want is what's best for the club and what's best for the club might be to keep our card close to our chest.

personally i'd rather everything is secret until its 100% done, i'm not interested in speculation, just the facts

TBF Levy did say in the end of season 'letter to the fans' that no key players would be sold this summer. He doesn't need to say anything more than that for the time being.

When teams were after Berbs, Levy came out and said we weren't selling.
When teams were after Modric, Levy came out and said we weren't selling.

In both cases his hand was forced and ultimately it was in everyones interest to let them leave and faced public scrutiny for going back on his word. He now realises he's in the same position with Bale, he'll do everything he can to keep him at the club, but if a crazy offer comes in or Bale wants to go there is very little he can do.

Berba had two years left on his deal and went on strike. Modric stayed another season after Levy said he wouldn't be sold.

Can we start making up our own articles about how Bale is staying? I mean that's pretty much what Marca are doing but in reverse? Maybe the english papers will take that as gospel instead.

Back