• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

We have something special at our football club !!!

Please Levy dont fudge this up now by not showing him and AVB that we do really have ambition !!!

I get the impression that we have allot of fans in the USA, especially in NYC?

Allot of the US sports press write about us, having lived there, there were a fair few supporters clubs.

So...will the naysayers finally accept that he is not being sold this season? Told you! And this here is a MASSIVE COUP...no other club has EVER had this in Times Square for ONE PLAYER! Massive! Literally! 40ft and up for a couple of weeks!

View attachment 1495

As I noted in the kit thread, Ljunberg was up there a few years back---only wearing underwear tho.....

http://www.cartilagefreecaptain.com/2013/7/9/4507832/gareth-bale-time-square-new-york-photo

NBC continued their ad campaign for the Premier League on NBC (the Premier League on NBC, the Premier League on NBC) with a giant ad in Times Square and who did they choose to feature? Why Bale, of course. They blew him up, made him massive and let him look upon an entire city in the new Spurs kit while celebrating one of his 26 goals from last season.

Let's count the reasons NBC chose to feature Bale instead of any other player in the entire goddamned league:

He was named PFA Young Player of the Year

He was named to the Premier League PFA Team of the Year

He was named PFA Player' Player of the Year

He was named FWA Footballer of the Year

He doesn't bite people

White is a lovely color and makes the ad look fantastic in Times Square

He's the best player in the entire goddamned league

Wise choice, NBC.

That billboard is class.

It's nice to read that Bale thinks he will get even better this season as well. Can you imagine him even better? :eek: =P~

Well, if he only keep his current form going, he's in for a 40+ goals season.

To our international fans, how well known is Bale outside of Englands? Is he thought of just as a talented youngster in the same bracket as Eriksen or Hazard or is he thought of as the real deal, IE Neymar class?

Taxi drivers in China don't seem to have a clue about him but they have their own names for players and clubs so its hard to communicate.

You have got to wonder how that feels for the boy? I was there last summer and believe me these billboards are massive and Times Square is packed day and night.

Yeah all looks good at the mo but sep 1st a little way off...

I doubted we would be able to resist Madrid......but I have no problem with you guys getting your jubbly's out and saying I told you so!!!!!!

especially as I would like Bale to stay with every fibre of my being... lets hope this thread remains slow for a bit..:cool:

I wonder if as part of a new contract Bale gets a cut of the advertising money or perhaps a tie in sponsorship from HP and UA. I can't help note that the HP logo seems bigger on the poster than some of the other versions and clearly UA are using him as major part of their PL campaign. We can't afford to smash our wage structure, but this may be a workaround.

P.S. Just as well they don't do billboards at the top of the Empire State Building.

Yeah all looks good at the mo but sep 1st a little way off...

I doubted we would be able to resist Madrid......but I have no problem with you guys getting your jubbly's out and saying I told you so!!!!!!

especially as I would like Bale to stay with every fibre of my being... lets hope this thread remains slow for a bit..:cool:

Agree with what Nigeyman says as I too had concerns. I was worried our pre season would be hampered by the talk of Gareth being sold.

It's looking good at the moment so now let's go get the couple of signings added to Paulinho that we need and also get a good points start to our PL campaign.

We have something special at our football club !!!

Please Levy dont fudge this up now by not showing him and AVB that we do really have ambition !!!

Yes good post...

I'm all in favour for getting great value on a player's fee but Mr Levy , lets not quibble on price to much as you cant really do that with quality players. The Paulihno deal has surely showed us that this is the best way to go when buying in recognised quality.

I wonder if as part of a new contract Bale gets a cut of the advertising money or perhaps a tie in sponsorship from HP and UA. I can't help note that the HP logo seems bigger on the poster than some of the other versions and clearly UA are using him as major part of their PL campaign. We can't afford to smash our wage structure, but this may be a workaround.

P.S. Just as well they don't do billboards at the top of the Empire State Building.

The rumour at the end of last season is UA was willing to put up a significant part of Bale's new contract for us to get him to stay.

Its interesting that while we often overate our own players, in the case of Bale, sometimes I think a lot of fans don't understand this guy is a global superstar in a new media age. If he continues to improve he will be a much bigger player than anyone who has ever played for the club.

The rumour at the end of last season is UA was willing to put up a significant part of Bale's new contract for us to get him to stay.

Its interesting that while we often overate our own players, in the case of Bale, sometimes I think a lot of fans don't understand this guy is a global superstar in a new media age. If he continues to improve he will be a much bigger player than anyone who has ever played for the club.

Yes I heard that as well, and it makes plenty of sense.

This guy is marketing gold dust. He's in the Beckham, Ronaldo, Messi bracket in terms of marketability and we should use this limited window while he is at the club to our advantage in whatever way we can. If Levy's doesn't already have a team of marketing heads plotting how to make the most of this opportunity then he's not he chairman I thought he was. UA and HP will use Bale to push their brands and Levy should be doing the exact same for brand Spurs.

Back