• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Game of thrones thread

Bit of a turning point this one. Many of different sub-stories changing directions now, starting in the next episode probably (been a while since I read the book) before eventually grinding to a halt in book 5, but that's for another day.

Im on EP 7 now and it has definitely got better and am slightly hooked.

What I am finding a touch difficult is how the story is told as in maybe its just me but finding it difficult to follow slightly. Like who the **** are the Khal Drogo lot? what the **** are dragons? why does X wanna kill Y, what the **** is the white wall? are all the kingdoms within this white wall? Maybe thats why ive never got into fantasy, I like a bit of realism and some reasoning for everything.

So far I have enjoyed it though, way more grit and gruesome than I thought... like when Drogo ripped out that guys tongue - ****in brilliant.

Ps - Peter Dinklage is just brilliant in it - so funny.

Heh, only 4 episodes and you're finished with Season 1 - will enjoy hearing your thoughts by the end.
Re the locations, the map in the opening credits should help with a sense of place for the different characters.
Not sure how much they explained the wall in the first season. It's an ancient construction, partly built with magic, to protect the humans below it from the horrors in the north - the white walkers that you've briefly seen at the start.

Heh, only 4 episodes and you're finished with Season 1 - will enjoy hearing your thoughts by the end.
Re the locations, the map in the opening credits should help with a sense of place for the different characters.
Not sure how much they explained the wall in the first season. It's an ancient construction, partly built with magic, to protect the humans below it from the horrors in the north - the white walkers that you've briefly seen at the start.

I am on season 2 episode 3 now haha - I do love it but season two seems more wishy washy i.e. not much is happening - im assuming its all just a big massive build up to a gut busting last few episodes of the season.

Im enjoying it though overall and loving their lives of just killing, shagging *****s and eating haha.

Im getting to grips with the background behind things like the locations and how they all link in. I even read a wikipedia solely for GoT - thats insane.

oh my days!

what an episode!

some got newbies on here so cant really say to much...but wow! season 4 ep 2 what an episode!

How can we have a thread like this without spoilers? I appreciate that people are part way through but how can I discuss the events of tonight's episode whilst not revealing what actually happened?

I knew what would happen, I was just waiting for it to unfold. I thought that the episode was excellent, slower parts at times but no doubt setting the path for the future.

You could use the 'spoiler' function.

Spoiler text here

Now that I know the brackets I can, thanks :D

big move in Joffrey the **** dying. He was a much loathed character but such a big part of the TV series. Who takes over now? And Jack Gleeson's performance as King Joffrey was spot on. Well done to him.

how do i do this fangled spoiler thingy so I can chat about the events and not ruin it for those beginning their GOT journey?

Just write any text between spoiler brackets like [ SPOILER] how to do this [/SPOILER ] but ensure that the brackets are closed off. I left them open so that the text would show up.

Hope that makes sense?

How can we have a thread like this without spoilers? I appreciate that people are part way through but how can I discuss the events of tonight's episode whilst not revealing what actually happened?

I knew what would happen, I was just waiting for it to unfold. I thought that the episode was excellent, slower parts at times but no doubt setting the path for the future.

You discuss it - ill kill you

I love whatsherface the kings wife in season 2 - the gay king. The king who ****ed his wifes bro. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm she is lovely.

Im on EP 7 now and it has definitely got better and am slightly hooked.

What I am finding a touch difficult is how the story is told as in maybe its just me but finding it difficult to follow slightly. Like who the **** are the Khal Drogo lot? what the **** are dragons? why does X wanna kill Y, what the **** is the white wall? are all the kingdoms within this white wall? Maybe thats why ive never got into fantasy, I like a bit of realism and some reasoning for everything.

So far I have enjoyed it though, way more grit and gruesome than I thought... like when Drogo ripped out that guys tongue - ****in brilliant.

Ps - Peter Dinklage is just brilliant in it - so funny.

The whole GoT world is really huge. Here's a good map if you're interested;
http://quartermaester.info/

King's Landing, Winterfell, The Wall, Riverrun, The Vale etc, all those places are on the island to the west (Westeros). The wall is up north on this island, it basically just separates the north of that island from the south (and north be ghouls, hehehe). The dothrakis and all that desert-stuff is going on the continent across "The Narrow Sea" from 'Westeros'. The full map is supposedly even larger. The guys on Westeros want to kill the Khaleesi because she is the daughter of "the Mad King" (the former king), and because she has dragons and wants to take over the throne.

Peter Dinklage is one of the reason's why it's so brilliant! His character and the way he plays him is just brilliant. :)

You discuss it - ill kill you

I love whatsherface the kings wife in season 2 - the gay king. The king who ****ed his wifes bro. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm she is lovely.

step-by-step-hairstyles-for-game-of-thrones-hair-Margaery-Tyrell-105119_L.jpg

This one?

khaleesi-daenerys-targaryen-and-handmaidens.jpg

Just wait till the khaleezi starts getting her kit off. Mmmmmm. Seems that a lot of the girl-on-girl action in the books won't be in the tv series. :(

step-by-step-hairstyles-for-game-of-thrones-hair-Margaery-Tyrell-105119_L.jpg

This one?

khaleesi-daenerys-targaryen-and-handmaidens.jpg

Just wait till the khaleezi starts getting her kit off. Mmmmmm. Seems that a lot of the girl-on-girl action in the books won't be in the tv series. :(

She has got her kit off already a tad... she is uber hot but was chatting about the first pic... theyre all hot... even the wilding woman Osha

Was not expecting that.

I think hotness wise it peaked with the Daenerys hand maiden bath episode, although Margery is absolutely smoking.

Back