• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Football Trivia Question of the Day

Hungary is one of the only countries to have a better head to head record against them, whether they haven't lost to Brazil though is another matter.

Hungary is one of the only countries to have a better head to head record against them, whether they haven't lost to Brazil though is another matter.

Brazil have played Hungary five times with one win, one draw and three defeats.

I'd say it has to be a smaller country who have rarely played them (e.g. a group phase world cup draw), possibly one of the new eastern european countries or emerging countries from Africa or Asia. Or someone awkward to beat like Norway.

I'd say it has to be a smaller country who have rarely played them (e.g. a group phase world cup draw), possibly one of the new eastern european countries or emerging countries from Africa or Asia. Or someone awkward to beat like Norway.

Give that man a cigar!

Norway have played Brazil four times, winning twice and drawing twice. Their most important match was a 2-1 win during the 1998 World Cup Finals.

Brazil Full International Record

Winterbottom was there the longest, but they played less games back then. Also he didn't pick the squad (this was done by the FA committee) so does he count as manager? Otherwise Ramsey or Robson. Robson was manager for less time but they played more games in his time.

Winterbottom was there the longest, but they played less games back then. Also he didn't pick the squad (this was done by the FA committee) so does he count as manager? Otherwise Ramsey or Robson. Robson was manager for less time but they played more games in his time.

Walter Winterbottom chalked-up 139 full international games as England manager from 1946 to 1963. Alf Ramsey was in charge for 113 matches.

England Manager's Records & Statistics 1872-2012

Tuesday 18th September 2012:

Which England player had the longest wait between international matches?

brick, i know this, it was in a book i just read, the anatomy of england by jonathan wilson

its er... er...

its gone

good book by the way, worth reading for the chapter on the 90 wc semi alone

Doesn't look like anyone's going to get today's question.

A0542.jpg

It was Liverpool's winger Ian Callaghan, who played in England's 2-0 World Cup Finals win against France on 20th July 1966 but didn't play again until a 0-0 draw with Switzerland in September 1977 - a wait of over 11 years.

FIFA World Cup Finals 1966 England

Back