• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Football Trivia Question of the Day

Patrick Kluivert.

6061, could you please help to find out how many Spurs have captained England?

Woodward was probably the first Spur to captain England and Lineker might have captained England the most time (for Spurs players). Other the these two, who are the others? Ramsey, Mullery, Peters, Clemence and ****bell?

Patrick Kluivert

Yes, Patrick Kluivert with 40 goals from his 79 matches played between 1994 - 2004.

Patrick Kluivert 1994ÔÇô2004 40 79
Dennis Bergkamp 1990ÔÇô2000 37 79
Faas Wilkes 1946ÔÇô1961 35 38
Ruud van Nistelrooy 1998ÔÇô 35 70
Abe Lenstra 1940ÔÇô1959 33 47
Johan Cruyff 1966ÔÇô1977 33 48
Klaas-Jan Huntelaar 2006ÔÇô 31 49
Bep Bakhuys 1928ÔÇô1937 28 23
Kick Smit 1935ÔÇô1946 26 29
Robin van Persie 2004ÔÇô 25 61

Thursday 1st March 2012:

Which six managers have achived the "Grand Slam" of Top Flight Championship, FA Cup & League Cup in English Football?

Fairly sure I read on the BBC site that Dalglish is the 7th manager to have won all 3.

edit: Joe Mercer, Bill Nicholson, Don Revie, Sir Alex Ferguson, George Graham and Jose Mourinho

Not too sure about Wenger, but I'll throw his name in regardless. Doubt he won the League Cup, though...

Wenger has never won the League Cup.

Fergie, Dalglish, Mourinho, Graham and Nicholson.

edit: Don Revie and Joe Mercer makes 7.

Last edited:
I don't think the point of this game is to google the answers

What's the point then, wild guesses? I really don't see the problem in checking if something is right or wrong.

In this particular instance I didn't remember Don Revie by name and I thought either Shankly or Paisley would have done it, but Shankly missed out on the League Cup and Paisley the FA Cup. Once I had made my post I saw the missing names posted above me.

What's the point then, wild guesses? I really don't see the problem in checking if something is right or wrong.

Yes - it's a memory game of general knowledge.

Anyone can obtain the answer given 30 seconds of internet access.

Then it should be called - Who can use google the fastest daily game

Last edited:
Wenger has never won the League Cup.

Fergie, Dalglish, Mourinho, Graham and Nicholson.

edit: Don Revie and Joe Mercer makes 7.

Yes, there are now seven "Grand Slam" managers - sorry about that!

Kenny Dalglish, Alex Ferguson, George Graham, Joe Mercer, Jose Mourinho, Bill Nicholson and Don Revie.

English Domestic Football Major Trophies Winning Managers

Friday 2nd March 2012:

Which 24 footballers who played under Sir Alex Ferguson went on to become managers themselves?

Back