• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Financial Fair Play

They were right at the limit, hence they had to loan Raya and promise to pay Brentford for him later.
(As others have said, stadium costs etc are not factored into the £35m)

We did the same with kulu, romero and porro. So not sure how close to the limit they were or if it's just some funky way clubs do business now.

Honestly i have no idea.

We did the same with kulu, romero and porro. So not sure how close to the limit they were or if it's just some funky way clubs do business now.

Honestly i have no idea.

I don't know about Kulusevski, Bentancur or Romero, but I'm sure Porro was to help sporting.

Others would be Paratici deals

I don't know about Kulusevski, Bentancur or Romero, but I'm sure Porro was to help sporting.

Others would be Paratici deals

Just saying loan to buy seems fairly common now. Might not be an inclination of a club close to psr. Might just help with cash flow.

As i said i don't know. So we can move on.

Honestly i have no idea.
The financial experts on a podcast said this, they know what they are on about

The financial experts on a podcast said this, they know what they are on about

Fair enough. But they've had a season of cl football with all the financial benefits that go with it. I doubt they are in any fincial difficulties now.

One thing it mentions.

"Emirates Marketing Project sought to challenge the investigation over many years in the UK Courts of Law, thereby delaying the investigation and subsequent prosecution."

City lost those cases. Hence why the charges were made. I know you are a cynic but there is a reason why the world uses british courts and legal representation. Because they are regarded as the best and least corrupt in the world. Our own government lose in the courts often. The lastest regarding their plans to tackle climate change which the court ruled as inadequate.

Both sides will be represented by kc's. And it will be judged by kc's.

The problem is it's a case of fraud. Proving not just city, but their accountants, sponsors, and the uae itself provided false documentation. Which itself may be a criminal offence.

As the article says "The nature of the accusation is complex and the Premier League lacks broad powers of investigation because it is not a Government body".

Emirates Marketing Project are not just going to buy their way out of it. But it's going to be hard to prove.

Chelsea on the other hand have admitted to it. Their charges should be brought soon.

Can't they afford better accountants and lawyers at the EPL? The rules seem to be changing with every appeal.

Leicester were adamant that the Premier League did not have jurisdiction to punish them in this way, because they had been relegated to the EFL when their accounting period ended, and so they were no longer bound by the Premier League rules.

Whether the £76.5m value has been changed is unclear but Chelsea have maintained their confidence in adhering to PSR rules that permitted clubs to have a maximum of £105m in losses over a three-year period as certain costs for infrastructure, academy and women's football are allowed to be deducted.

Such transactions are not allowed in Uefa competitions, with Chelsea back in Europe in the Conference League this season, and in the English Football League after they closed the loophole in 2021, but the Premier League opted against following suit

This is seriously bad news about LCFC.

What it means is we now live in a world where there is no über jurisdiction over the PL and EFL i.e. the FA that can hold the governance models together. The PL have spend 20-25 years stealing every decision right away from the FA, to the point where it's now come back and bites them in the arse. They now have no way of controlling teams that play the system operating between the EFL and PL. Serves them right for getting in bed with the broadcasting companies and thinking they could just build their own model.

What this now needs is a government independent review as to where the decision rights should be. There is so much tax payers consumer spending that goes into this model that the government should be very worried about the impacts to our national sport.

This is seriously bad news about LCFC.

What it means is we now live in a world where there is no über jurisdiction over the PL and EFL i.e. the FA that can hold the governance models together. The PL have spend 20-25 years stealing every decision right away from the FA, to the point where it's now come back and bites them in the arse. They now have no way of controlling teams that play the system operating between the EFL and PL. Serves them right for getting in bed with the broadcasting companies and thinking they could just build their own model.

What this now needs is a government independent review as to where the decision rights should be. There is so much tax payers consumer spending that goes into this model that the government should be very worried about the impacts to our national sport.
No I disagree it needs the clubs to come together and stop the league loading even more credibility.

We cannot turn to the government when something needs sorting out. Look at the things that they have screwed up and been unable to fix, the list is endless.

The premier league is the clubs in it stability and fair play is their problem now. There are the cheats and the others losing ground trying to make a fist of it and it sucks.

No I disagree it needs the clubs to come together and stop the league loading even more credibility.

We cannot turn to the government when something needs sorting out. Look at the things that they have screwed up and been unable to fix, the list is endless.

The premier league is the clubs in it stability and fair play is their problem now. There are the cheats and the others losing ground trying to make a fist of it and it sucks.

You'd have to perhaps tell me more. From what I see, the PL is FAPL Ltd with 20 directors who are the chairmen of their clubs. They have a chief exec (Richard Masters) who is accountable to them. However, the revenue comes from the broadcasting companies who rule the roost over the the appointed PL officers. So it is a conflict of interest as people pay for Sky Subscriptions and other worldwide TV subscriptions to watch the big clubs.

Ultimately, the PL shouldn't be a governance body at all. For me that is The FA's job. If I were the government, I would strip the PL of these over-empowered decision rights and put them back whether they belong i.e. The FA. The broadcasting companies would be threatened with more tax on their ridiculous profits and told to bring the average family's TV package down. I would also lift and shift the people and budget out of the PL and into the newly formed FA, in a place whether they don't have a conflict of interest.

Clubs like Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea see this major anomaly and know the PL aren't powerful enough to really police their bad financial behaviours.

The clubs obviously need to have their say, but they only exists because of the real customer, the fans and supporters. I always come at it from that perspective.

You'd have to perhaps tell me more. From what I see, the PL is FAPL Ltd with 20 directors who are the chairmen of their clubs. They have a chief exec (Richard Masters) who is accountable to them. However, the revenue comes from the broadcasting companies who rule the roost over the the appointed PL officers. So it is a conflict of interest as people pay for Sky Subscriptions and other worldwide TV subscriptions to watch the big clubs.

Ultimately, the PL shouldn't be a governance body at all. For me that is The FA's job. If I were the government, I would strip the PL of these over-empowered decision rights and put them back whether they belong i.e. The FA. The broadcasting companies would be threatened with more tax on their ridiculous profits and told to bring the average family's TV package down. I would also lift and shift the people and budget out of the PL and into the newly formed FA, in a place whether they don't have a conflict of interest.

Clubs like Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea see this major anomaly and know the PL aren't powerful enough to really police their bad financial behaviours.

The clubs obviously need to have their say, but they only exists because of the real customer, the fans and supporters. I always come at it from that perspective.
I don't mind the broadcasters and clubs making large profits, what bugs me is that they make them by selling me product I don't want.
100s of games I'm barely interested in but I can't watch the spurs game.
Well that and ads saying "this game is brought to you by Xxxxxx", actually no it's brought to me by hard earned money. I'm actually paying to watch your fudging ad you muppets.

I don't mind the broadcasters and clubs making large profits, what bugs me is that they make them by selling me product I don't want.
Well that and ads saying "this game is brought to you by Xxxxxx", actually no it's brought to me by hard earned money. I'm actually paying to watch your fudging ad you muppets.
Speak to your local friendly satellite installer.

To me, the product that is football is simple. It 22 guys or gals, 2 sets of goalposts and a ball. If you're privileged you even get a man in black to administer the rules and make the system work better. In a nutshell, that is still the attraction and why I pay money. It's not to listen to Roy Keane whining.

My favourite coverage model was Amazon Prime. Every game was on so you could always watch your team. The games were staggered in such a way that you could watch 3 halves of football and not listen to a single pundits over-inflated and biased view.

I mentioned the other day that 80% of PL games are dull as ditchwater.

Back