• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Financial Fair Play

The players would surely go for it, they still earn the same over the contract but they enable the club to put better players around them.

Look what is happening tonight, the price is being pushed up by PSG for an above average player from 30m to 50m by paying Chelsea 50m for David Luiz. Ridiculous. Not one fan IMO would have suggested such stupidity by PSG.

The players would surely go for it, they still earn the same over the contract but they enable the club to put better players around them.

This is what I was suggesting to any new owner wanting to buy a cheap club and spend a billion in a window.

Look what is happening tonight, the price is being pushed up by PSG for an above average player from 30m to 50m by paying Chelsea 50m for David Luiz. Ridiculous. Not one fan IMO would have suggested such stupidity by PSG.

but when monaco fans see that their rivals have just strengthend in this manner, they will ask why they aren't showing the same ambition, and perhaps bid 45m for vertonghen, hopefully :).

if you look at our team now, its arguably the best its been for decades. but we (the fans) still compare ourselves to the 4 teams above us in the league. and so inevitably, we start thinking that we're lacking squad depth or that we are short of one quality striker like suarez, aguero etc. and we end up spending 25m (and 100k in wages) on a 28 yr old who nobody had heard of 24 months ago.

but when monaco fans see that their rivals have just strengthend in this manner, they will ask why they aren't showing the same ambition, and perhaps bid 45m for vertonghen, hopefully :).

if you look at our team now, its arguably the best its been for decades. but we (the fans) still compare ourselves to the 4 teams above us in the league. and so inevitably, we start thinking that we're lacking squad depth or that we are short of one quality striker like suarez, aguero etc. and we end up spending 25m (and 100k in wages) on a 28 yr old who nobody had heard of 24 months ago.

Yes, but Daniel Levy as I have said does not listen to such nonsense. He does what the club can afford, as for Monaco, see what I said about Abramovich making a name for himself, same applies here IMO. BTW the Monaco fans voice won't be very loud, most are sitting on the waterfront sipping champagne showing off there sports car.

seriously if you had not heard of Soldado 24 months ago then I doubt you would be thinking we are short of a quality striker. Both scenario's don't correlate. FWIW I have followed him since he was at Madrid.

does player value get factored in then? I though UEFA were only concerned with spending

if you move all the spend into a non CL year will UEFA even care

does player value get factored in then? I though UEFA were only concerned with spending

Assets (players) have a book value and will appear on your accounts.

I may be being thick here but I'm trying to understand why Liverpool are considered to have been advantaged as they were not in Europe this year because of ffp and working out how united can exploit that advantage next

Scars gives a really good explanation of why that wouldn't work on this page

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showthread.php/319-Financial-Fair-Play/page34

Scara explains it for transfer fees, not for wages (compared to sign on fees) if I'm reading that correctly.

The transfer fee will be spread out over the length of the player's contract.

I see no reason why some of the wages couldn't be changed to a sign on fee paid up front, or perhaps even wages could be different for different seasons with a massive payout in the first season.

However, I think it's fairly common practice is that sign on fees are treated more like loyalty bonuses and paid out as the player is at the club. I think clubs could be causing other problems for themselves down the line by front loading contracts too much.

I may be being thick here but I'm trying to understand why Liverpool are considered to have been advantaged as they were not in Europe this year because of ffp and working out how united can exploit that advantage next

There is an advantage, and it probably can be exploited to a point, but particularly for transfer fees only to a point.

what I'm thinking is that united could sign ribery for example, he wants 150k a week on a 3 year deal, so united pay him 350k a week in (non ffp) year 1 then only 50k a week in years 2 and 3

Three years are considered for FFP. Even if United offloaded expenses for the 2014-15 season or the end of the current one, they would still be counted if United wanted to compete in European competion for the 2016-17 or 2017-18 seasons. United won't get evaluated for FFP next season, but next season will still count for subsequent evaluations.

Three years are considered for FFP. Even if United offloaded expenses for the 2014-15 season or the end of the current one, they would still be counted if United wanted to compete in European competion for the 2016-17 or 2017-18 seasons. United won't get evaluated for FFP next season, but next season will still count for subsequent evaluations.

i don't really have a great grasp of ffp regulations, but hasnt it been mentioned that liverpool's finances for the past year won't be considered under ffp because they haven't been in european competition. i think they managed to make something like a 50m loss despite not making massive transfers.

And what it will show is that Utd would be heading in the right direction in the eyes of FFP.

And what it will show is that Utd would be heading in the right direction in the eyes of FFP.

The losses clubs are allowed to make will get smaller every season, it's just being eased in. Eventually they'll have to break even more or less.

Spot on, felt like something was slipping my mind as I was thinking earlier. Didn't think it would be this obvious.

i don't really have a great grasp of ffp regulations, but hasnt it been mentioned that liverpool's finances for the past year won't be considered under ffp because they haven't been in european competition. i think they managed to make something like a 50m loss despite not making massive transfers.

I think what's been reported is that they won't have to go through FFP for next season's participation, not that their 3 year financial history won't be looked at in future FFP evaluations.

Back