• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Euro 2024 - The European Football Championship

But no different to what Portugal did in 2016 on their way to winning it, drew 3 group games, won 1-0, won on penalties to get to the semi-final. Does it matter if it gets you through?

I think it does, I want to see exciting football not tactical deadlock, only one team can be a winner so that makes the rest losers, if gettting to the next game is all that matters Sothgate is doing a great job. I don't think you can question his success but his style of play is too negative for me and I get no pleasure watching even when we do progress to the next round.

I think it does, I want to see exciting football not tactical deadlock, only one team can be a winner so that makes the rest losers, if gettting to the next game is all that matters Sothgate is doing a great job. I don't think you can question his success but his style of play is too negative for me and I get no pleasure watching even when we do progress to the next round.
Don't disagree but does anyone remember how crap Portugal played in most of those games or just that they won it?

Watching the first semi and you have Jenas and everyone purring over it as if it is an instant classic and I'm thinking how far football as entertainment has fallen, this game is decent but nothing amazing (goals apart) but it looks so good because of the constant dross served up and eulogised to sell a product (that is decline). Baseline syndrome where you accept that this is as good as it ever was because people forget/pundits never knew what it was like 30 years ago

Don't disagree but does anyone remember how crap Portugal played in most of those games or just that they won it?

Watching the first semi and you have Jenas and everyone purring over it as if it is an instant classic and I'm thinking how far football as entertainment has fallen, this game is decent but nothing amazing (goals apart) but it looks so good because of the constant dross served up and eulogised to sell a product (that is decline). Baseline syndrome where you accept that this is as good as it ever was because people forget/pundits never knew what it was like 30 years ago

It's all about selling the product.

That's what impresses me most about him, how he makes so many good decisions. Including taking a yellow to stop a counter. He seems very mature and very clever (in a footballing sense) for his age, not just a technical prodigy.

and tried to time waste going off the long way when subbed as well

I love him

Back