• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Euro 2020

Literally shaking my head at some of the brick I'm reading on Sterling

View attachment 12191
The guy has delivered his goals
Can’t fault him for that as it’s a massive massive key reason why we are where we are
However…. Yesterday for example as soon as a player came on who plays a more expansive way down the left we suddenly had two people down that side (Grealish and Shaw) which wasn’t apparent when sterling had the left. Sterling on the right started deeper and passed quicker almost as if he had more space to run and more of the pitch to see.
I’ve actually heard someone say sterling’s run in to 5/6 players before half time was genius as he took the men with him… I mean that was when he had Kane in space on the left pointing where to pass it but he ran into a brick wall and we got a lucky richochet
Saka and sterling play quite similar and it didn’t work.

Grealish is a creator and a clever player. That’s why he worked well as soon he came on (and found his feet literally). Kane came alive as did shaw when he came on.

we need players who will make space. We need players who will exploit space. We can’t have to players doing the same thing as it then limits the benefit of the rest of the team

The guy has delivered his goals
Can’t fault him for that as it’s a massive massive key reason why we are where we are
However…. Yesterday for example as soon as a player came on who plays a more expansive way down the left we suddenly had two people down that side (Grealish and Shaw) which wasn’t apparent when sterling had the left. Sterling on the right started deeper and passed quicker almost as if he had more space to run and more of the pitch to see.
I’ve actually heard someone say sterling’s run in to 5/6 players before half time was genius as he took the men with him… I mean that was when he had Kane in space on the left pointing where to pass it but he ran into a brick wall and we got a lucky richochet
Saka and sterling play quite similar and it didn’t work.

Grealish is a creator and a clever player. That’s why he worked well as soon he came on (and found his feet literally). Kane came alive as did shaw when he came on.

we need players who will make space. We need players who will exploit space. We can’t have to players doing the same thing as it then limits the benefit of the rest of the team
Kane was double and sometimes triple marked last night.

It's beyond comprehension that the rest of our attacking players are too thick to make any kind of use of that space but somehow they manage not to.

Last edited:
Kane was double and sometimes triple marked last night.

It's beyond comprehension that the rest of our attacking players are too thick to make any kind of use of that space but somehow they manage not to.

Absolutely on the money. Sterling is OK, but he is essentially Lucas Moura.

Hard to see all that going on in the context of us and the other few dozen parents at our kids' school being prohibited from attending sports day during to distancing restrictions.
They have stopped frozen Fridays at my little ones school from today
They used to sell ice creams after school in the play ground but the council stopped it due to social distancing
This whole thing is a sham of the highest order now

Back