• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

I thought maybe we would need a 3rd senior CB to cover for injuries to Fazio or Jan, but by going on these last two games, I'm happy for Dier to be that player. Kaboul/Chiriches can be the 4th choice until the summer.

I like him, seems as if Poch has given him a kick up the ar5e too. Has a knack of getting on the end of set pieces.

I like him, seems as if Poch has given him a kick up the ar5e too. Has a knack of getting on the end of set pieces.

I disagree, I think Poch has simply played him in his natural position as a central defender. He looks clumsy as right back

I disagree, I think Poch has simply played him in his natural position as a central defender. He looks clumsy as right back

True, but he did seem to be missing from the team for awhile after Saudi Sportswashing Machine, where he got lost in a dream. Might be coincidence, but I thought he was dropped.

True, but he did seem to be missing from the team for awhile after Saudi Sportswashing Machine, where he got lost in a dream. Might be coincidence, but I thought he was dropped.

Probably a bit of both.
Only just come to the country and thrown In out of position - that's tough.

Gave him some time to settle

Great to finally be able to make a bit more of a judgement on him in his natural position. What struck me yesterday was the sheer size of the guy. Massive.

Think he has a very promising career ahead of him.

I thought it was almost impossible to judge Dier (or Vertonghen) last night. Sheffield United didn't really have any desire to commit men forward so the game was a stroll for both of our centre halves.

Great to finally be able to make a bit more of a judgement on him in his natural position. What struck me yesterday was the sheer size of the guy. Massive.

Think he has a very promising career ahead of him.
It's this that's making me doubt the recent report of his pace.

Eric Dier (Top speed: 21.75mph)
http://www.sportlobster.com/news/76676/fastest-players-in-the-premier-league.html

I knew he was no slouch but i didn't realise he actually had genuine pace to that extent. The guy is faster than Walker and Rose??

Am i alone here before reading that article?
Size, strength, hopefully continental skills from Portugal and youth, massive potential at CB.

i hope Poch do as he has done with mason, kane and bentaleb. Let him play in his preferred position and grow!

It's this that's making me doubt the recent report of his pace.

http://www.sportlobster.com/news/76676/fastest-players-in-the-premier-league.html

I knew he was no slouch but i didn't realise he actually had genuine pace to that extent. The guy is faster than Walker and Rose??

Am i alone here before reading that article?
Size, strength, hopefully continental skills from Portugal and youth, massive potential at CB.

He easily kept pace with Sturridge in a number of foot races last night.. He's no slouch, that's for sure. Future England CB for me, an immense prospect.

He easily kept pace with Sturridge in a number of foot races last night.. He's no slouch, that's for sure. Future England CB for me, an immense prospect.

Dier didn't just keep pace with Sturridge, he outran him! :D Was mighty impressed considering Sturridge is noted for his pace.

Not to say Dier doesn't also look more than a little clumsy at times and last night his passing was - like the rest of the team's - somewhat erratic. Still needs to improve decision making as to when to close down the attacker and when to hold back and provide cover.

Hopefully these are things that will quickly be ironed out with regular appearances but for the moment they're still a concern. Agree, overall he looks a massive prospect at CB so long as he keeps on improving.

Really rate this guy - should have done better for the first goal and had to meet Markovic rather than back off and back off into our box.

He is incredibly talented for his age and a great signing - 2 years and I see him in the England team.

Really rate this guy - should have done better for the first goal and had to meet Markovic rather than back off and back off into our box.

He is incredibly talented for his age and a great signing - 2 years and I see him in the England team.

Yes absolutely agree, definitely a future England player.

Hopefully he'll keep his place til the end of the season. Then next year, we can get the benefit of players who will have established themselves in the Premier League this season (Kane, Mason, Bentaleb, Dier, Eriksen and Chadli).

Hopefully he'll keep his place til the end of the season. Then next year, we can get the benefit of players who will have established themselves in the Premier League this season (Kane, Mason, Bentaleb, Dier, Eriksen and Chadli).
Im not convinced I want him ahead of Fazio just yet....

I like Fazio, but I think more pace at centre-half is a necessity with how Poch wants to play.

I could actually see Fazio and Dier as a pair at some point.

He looks such a classy player with alot of ability, also obviously more comfortable at cb than right back.He just needs experience, cb is one of those positions that benefits age and experience the most.I cant wait to see how could he is in a couple of years.
Im not even sure id drop him for Fazio atm.

Back