• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eberechi Eze

Gary Jacob is pretty reliable too I believe

If we are going to match the release clause, why haven't we already done it?

There may be reasons. Palace trying to get a replacement. Us trying to offload. But still. 1 st team are back in training soon (apart from those on international duty). Would be nice to have deals done before then.

There may be reasons. Palace trying to get a replacement. Us trying to offload. But still. 1 st team are back in training soon (apart from those on international duty). Would be nice to have deals done before then.

It's in the tweet, just cut off when embedded here:

"#Spurs are confident they can hold off competition and plan to accelerate negotiations after he returns from the Euros."

June 30th being the financial cut off for accounting & The Euros being two obvious reasons.

My understanding of release clauses is that it's not as simple as bidding the price and it being automatically accepted - there's still a degree of negotiation wrt payment terms to be had, unless maybe you can drop the full amount upfront

June 30th being the financial cut off for accounting & The Euros being two obvious reasons.

My understanding of release clauses is that it's not as simple as bidding the price and it being automatically accepted - there's still a degree of negotiation wrt payment terms to be had, unless maybe you can drop the full amount upfront
Agreed. These things do sometimes take a bit of time.

Also the point that we may have Eze as one of several potential targets for a role and are looking at what kind of deals can be done for other players. As we seemingly have in the past.

I'm not sure release clauses are actually legally binding either, other than in Iberia. They are more codified gentlemen's agreements with the players.

I'm not sure release clauses are actually legally binding either, other than in Iberia. They are more codified gentlemen's agreements with the players.
Never heard anything indicating that release clauses aren't legally binding. Seems very strange to me that they wouldn't be if they're included in the actual contract of the player.

The main difference with Iberia the way i understand it is that release clauses are legally mandated in Iberia and that there are some particularties with how they're executed on.

Never heard anything indicating that release clauses aren't legally binding. Seems very strange to me that they wouldn't be if they're included in the actual contract of the player.

The main difference with Iberia the way i understand it is that release clauses are legally mandated in Iberia and that there are some particularties with how they're executed on.
You don't trust Gutterpedia?

money is also a thing, I'm not sure we have a lot considering we need a maddison and Udogie challenger too.

Richy...mental health issues, falls down too.often. cant dribble, too slow /immobile for me . Injuries are unfortunate i guess.
Why sell Richie? We should have money for a new striker without having to sell him, especially as we sold Kane a day before the start of last season without replacing him.

It makes more sense to me to keep him and buy one striker to compete with him. There will be enough matches to keep both of them satisfied.

Besides, why buy a young striker when we have Parrott on our books and after a progressive season on loan.

Also hopefully next summer we should have young strikers Lankshear and Veliz back from successful loans. We do not need to unnecessarily clog up books with players we do not need.
E

I think the confusion is because they are not legally mandated, there isn't 1 set form of release clause. There are number of different caveats that can be loaded into contracts and typically the press aren't privy to the specifies so they just go with the generic "release clause" line which may or may not be really that simple and clear cut or there may be caveats.

Like you say in Spain it's a part of their legal employment code in relation to fixed term contracts, so the layout is much more clear. I don't believe they are legally mandated in Portugal, just culturally common place.

money is also a thing, I'm not sure we have a lot considering we need a maddison and Udogie challenger too.

Richy...mental health issues, falls down too.often. cant dribble, too slow /immobile for me . Injuries are unfortunate i guess.

E
One day I'll learn to stop biting on Richy posts but....

I've read some flimflam on my time on here but to suggest that we should sell a player partly because they've admitted to having mental health issues is right up there. I mean fudging hell.

Should we just never sign anyone who has struggled at any point, it's not as if adversity can be something to learn from obviously.

I'd love to see Ange react to your post / general sentiment but it'll never happen, fortunately it's whether he rates Richy and for that reason given his impact this season, sadly for you he'll very likely be in our colours giving it everything. Hopefully you'll have been able to forgive him for having the audacity to seek help by then.

During his 8 goals in 8 games you referred to Richy as having "scored a few goals", it seems like whatever happens in reality you've chosen the way you're going to view this one and it's astounding.

Because he is away and we want it in next years figures
Why haven’t Bayern signed Olise yet when all is agreed?
The only deals that have been done are inter club PSR swaps of kids

One day I'll learn to stop biting on Richy posts but....

I've read some flimflam on my time on here but to suggest that we should sell a player partly because they've admitted to having mental health issues is right up there. I mean fudging hell.

Should we just never sign anyone who has struggled at any point, it's not as if adversity can be something to learn from obviously.

I'd love to see Ange react to your post / general sentiment but it'll never happen, fortunately it's whether he rates Richy and for that reason given his impact this season, sadly for you he'll very likely be in our colours giving it everything. Hopefully you'll have been able to forgive him for having the audacity to seek help by then.

During his 8 goals in 8 games you referred to Richy as having "scored a few goals", it seems like whatever happens in reality you've chosen the way you're going to view this one and it's astounding.
Scary thing is he is rare in that he has gone public
I guarantee many more players have issues but don’t tell anyone and arguably get worse because of it

Release clause is a minimum fee, not a guaranteed sale. Meeting the release clause simply gets you a place at the table. Then negotiations start.

Very elegant effectivre player but ypu know he'll be injured when Maddison is. Misses about the same amount of games each season.
He actually plays a lot more games than you think
I’ve always said he is injured and I’ve been corrected on that front
For palace it’s 124 games in 4 seasons so over 30 a season

Release clause is a minimum fee, not a guaranteed sale. Meeting the release clause simply gets you a place at the table. Then negotiations start.
But it means they have to sell him. The club negate the opportunity to say no
The player decides regardless of if someone offers more

Depending on the contract. But if it says if someone pays £50m you can leave. If someone pays £50m you can leave. Now it might stipulate it has to be a lump sum or whatever. But if someone came in with that lump sum. You can leave.

Depending on the contract. But if it says if someone pays £50m you can leave. If someone pays £50m you can leave. Now it might stipulate it has to be a lump sum or whatever. But if someone came in with that lump sum. You can leave.
Yep
It’s not an invitation to an auction
A club can bid on the terms of the release clause and another can do a Chelsea and offer more
The decision sits with the player not the club and they can go to the club offering less if they see fit

Yep
It’s not an invitation to an auction
A club can bid on the terms of the release clause and another can do a Chelsea and offer more
The decision sits with the player not the club and they can go to the club offering less if they see fit

Think suarez might confuse things. His liverpool contract seemed to say if someone bid £40m he was allowed to talk to them. Rather than what he and his agent thinking it meant he could leave.

Pretty sure no agent since would have made the same mistake.

Back