• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dejan Kulusevski

If we were being ruthless we'd be looking to sell him and trying to upgrade - Johnson looks the more suited to the way we play and Kulu has looked quite poor for long periods
Definitely get that viewpoint and agree it's a ruthless one (can be a good thing).

I think it's very unlikely and I think there's some reasons not to do that. I think it will be difficult to find a move he'd want where we'd og get the kind of money we'd want. He also has some versatility in where he can play and offers something different to a lot of our current players.

I think he will stay and then the question will be can he adapt to Angeball or can the system adapt to him to get him back to his best, or will the differences between his style and this system/role be too large. If it's the latter I think he may leave next summer and we may look back at the ruthless path we should have taken.

He also covers a lot of ground, probably more than any other first-team regular/occasional. Of course, Jake Livermore also covered a lot of ground so you want something a bit more than that, but all other things being equal, it might earn him the nod over someone such as Marcus Edwards (who, for the avoidance of doubt, I should say has not rejoined THFC).

Personally I think Kulu should be backup/competition to Maddison, or sold. He’s looked decent when playing there, and just doesn’t suit the wide position at all in Ange’s system.

I find it amazing that Deki continued to stop the flow, cut back inside and find 4 defenders staring in his face.
Game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game.
With nobody overlapping him, he needs to play differently or not play on the right.
Postecoglu allowed this to happen way, way, way too many times.
He's a good player and can play as a battling #10 or false nine, but he must not play like he did (on the right, cutting back into the cluttered middle and failing).

Back