• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

On the radio, Ray Wilkins was really singing his praises in commentary. Him and Dembele sounded like our only good players today.

The Arsenal star names turned up for a change and where much better than of late. That was the main story of the game. Kane, Eriksen and Dele were off colour and that proved too much for us today.
It was no big drama unless you are an Arsenal fan and ask the obvious question. Why can't the Arsenal team not do this more often?

The Arsenal star names turned up for a change and where much better than of late. That was the main story of the game. Kane, Eriksen and Dele were off colour and that proved too much for us today.
It was no big drama unless you are an Arsenal fan and ask the obvious question. Why can't the Arsenal team not do this more often?

You have to say we met then play (which others may not) and they had the benefit of having players who were fresh from not having Internationals to worry about

You have to say we met then play (which others may not) and they had the benefit of having players who were fresh from not having Internationals to worry about

I think we are making too much of today.
I can't remember a more aggressive and energetic performance from the current set of Arsenal players for long time.
We played some way off our normal attacking game. Other than the two goals though there was not too much to worry about IMHO.
I was not surprised with today outcome, our performances since Madrid have been decreasing in quality.
It' will be interesting to see how Poch picks them up and gets them back in the Real performance levels. We are still very fragile as far as squad experience goes.

The tackle on Sanchez that led to their first goal was class. So much so that the ref figured there’s no way he could have made that tackle unless he pulled Sanchez back. Hence the awarding of the free kick.
Arse fans should congratulate Mike Dean for his fantastical powers of imagination.

I think we are making too much of today.
I can't remember a more aggressive and energetic performance from the current set of Arsenal players for long time.
We played some way off our normal attacking game. Other than the two goals though there was not too much to worry about IMHO.
I was not surprised with today outcome, our performances since Madrid have been decreasing in quality.
It' will be interesting to see how Poch picks them up and gets them back in the Real performance levels. We are still very fragile as far as squad experience goes.

I agree actually
As I’ve said before arse haven’t turned a corner they gave just done a sprint to teh finish
What we needed today was some leadership on the pitch which was a bit worrying but we’re still in a great place

Arse fans should congratulate Mike Dean for his fantastical powers of imagination.

Yes the ref was at fault.
But I think we all know that blaming the ref is a cop out. The ref did not have a good game, but he did not put the balls in the net.
We must not blame the ref for today.
Spurs were below our now expected performance levels. AND Arsenal were unrecognisably from the sluggish mob of the last 18 months.

I agree actually
As I’ve said before arse haven’t turned a corner they gave just done a sprint to teh finish
What we needed today was some leadership on the pitch which was a bit worrying but we’re still in a great place

Fragile!
Thats what we were today.
I'm a little fed up with all the silly talk of challenging for the title from the media. That was for me premature in the extreme as today showed us.

On the radio, Ray Wilkins was really singing his praises in commentary. Him and Dembele sounded like our only good players today.
Not far off it. Sissoko was decent enough without any end product. Lloris did his bit too. The rest disappointed for one reason or another.

Yes the ref was at fault.
But I think we all know that blaming the ref is a cop out. The ref did not have a good game, but he did not put the balls in the net.
We must not blame the ref for today.
Spurs were below our now expected performance levels. AND Arsenal were unrecognisably from the sluggish mob of the last 18 months.

Actually when the two goals they score either come from or are allowed due to a refereeing error he may as well have put it in the net

But we never did enough to win the game which is massively frustrating

In the Harry Winks thread I just posted "I love it when like Dele before him a young player comes along and makes himself undroppable almost amidst a host of senior more experienced players", well I would suggest it applies to Sanchez even more so.

Back