• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Even if the whole thing was made up from the beginning, it's nice to see someone in the media pull their head out of their arse and realise that there is absolutely no chance of our rivals buying our key players - rather than the constant nonsensical links of united with this player and city with that one and so on and so on.
Wouldn't get too hopeful, this summer is going to be open season with the (mostly anti-Spurs) media in cahoots with the financially-doped clubs using every trick in the book to unsettle our players.

I will put as much faith in that report as i did when i read the first one saying that City were going to bid for all three.

City has enquired about Danny before (take it for what its worth)

They need the positions that were reported, I suspect they made a polite enquiry and were told no, or told a starting price that made even them think twice.

Wouldn't get too hopeful, this summer is going to be open season with the (mostly anti-Spurs) media in cahoots with the financially-doped clubs using every trick in the book to unsettle our players.

The media aren't anti-Spurs, they just have papers to sell, clicks to collect, listeners to attract and viewers to gain. They do the same to all clubs, big clubs get more attractions because the have more fans to rope in. We just notice it and take it to heart more when it is about us.

The media aren't anti-Spurs, they just have papers to sell, clicks to collect, listeners to attract and viewers to gain. They do the same to all clubs, big clubs get more attractions because the have more fans to rope in. We just notice it and take it to heart more when it is about us.
Okay fair enough. Don't read the gutter press so may have taken too much from posters on here who seem to believe that tabloids like the Sun and the London Evening Standard are dominated by Arse fans.

Also, whilst there may not be any anti-Spurs bias at Sky it's undeniable that they focus far more on the Sky Four - if for no other reason than that's where the biggest audiences lie.

So to that extent whilst not necessarily anti-Spurs there is likely a tendency in the media to focus on the financially-doped clubs at the expense of upstarts/gatecrashers/party-poopers like Tottenham.

Okay fair enough. Don't read the gutter press so may have taken too much from posters on here who seem to believe that tabloids like the Sun and the London Evening Standard are dominated by Arse fans.

Also, whilst there may not be any anti-Spurs bias at Sky it's undeniable that they focus far more on the Sky Four - if for no other reason than that's where the biggest audiences lie.

So to that extent whilst not necessarily anti-Spurs there is likely a tendency in the media to focus on the financially-doped clubs at the expense of upstarts/gatecrashers/party-poopers like Tottenham.

It is just that, media chasing the money. At least we are big enough to get coverage, imagine what it must be like to support a club that is ignored. If things carry on as they are, I think that the big story over the summer will be an Arsenal exodus and not who may be leaving us.

In print media at least, I think they are dominated by West Ham fans, for some unfathomable reason.

It is just that, media chasing the money. At least we are big enough to get coverage, imagine what it must be like to support a club that is ignored. If things carry on as they are, I think that the big story over the summer will be an Arsenal exodus and not who may be leaving us.

In print media at least, I think they are dominated by West Ham fans, for some unfathomable reason.

Try being an overseas fan in the 2000's. You'd be lucky if Spurs showed up on printed league tables in the newspaper most days - a lot of the time the papers I grew up with (Khaleej Times and Gulf News) would only print the top eight or so on any given weekend, and I only started regularly noticing our upward/downward progress covered in the newspapers by dint of our positions on that minitable during the Jol days and the occasional times when they would print a match report about one of the Top Four against Spurs, home or away. If you fell out of that table, it's like you didn't exist - and good luck getting any general article on Spurs during the days of the Top Four cartel.

We only really started being featured more after 2010, and then I lost track of that particular bubble as the internet meant a proliferation of Spurs-related news and views to the point where I never had to rely on the telly and print media again. :p It's a bit overblown to say that we're not being covered much now - certainly, there was a time when we simply didn't matter at all, for good or ill.

Try being an overseas fan in the 2000's. You'd be lucky if Spurs showed up on printed league tables in the newspaper most days - a lot of the time the papers I grew up with (Khaleej Times and Gulf News) would only print the top eight or so on any given weekend, and I only started regularly noticing our upward/downward progress covered in the newspapers by dint of our positions on that minitable during the Jol days and the occasional times when they would print a match report about one of the Top Four against Spurs, home or away. If you fell out of that table, it's like you didn't exist - and good luck getting any general article on Spurs during the days of the Top Four cartel.

We only really started being featured more after 2010, and then I lost track of that particular bubble as the internet meant a proliferation of Spurs-related news and views to the point where I never had to rely on the telly and print media again. :p It's a bit overblown to say that we're not being covered much now - certainly, there was a time when we simply didn't matter at all, for good or ill.

I lived in Scotland in the late 90's and that was hard enough, so I understand where you are coming from

I lived in Scotland in the late 90's and that was hard enough, so I understand where you are coming from

Funny thing is, I once met a fellow Spurs fan in the Emirates lounge at Dubai's Terminal 3 who was both a) an expat, and b) most definitely a Scot - actually, not just a Scot, but a committed SNP man to boot, who vividly described his impending 'Yes' vote in the IndyRef (this was about half a year prior to it, mind). So there must be more of us up there. ;)

Funny thing is, I once met a fellow Spurs fan in the Emirates lounge at Dubai's Terminal 3 who was both a) an expat, and b) most definitely a Scot - actually, not just a Scot, but a committed SNP man to boot, who vividly described his impending 'Yes' vote in the IndyRef (this was about half a year prior to it, mind). So there must be more of us up there. ;)

It would be easier now. The Scottish press never covered us at the time. I started reading the Guardian up there because it was the only newspaper that did not have a Scottish edition, so I could stay on top of what was happening with us.

It would be easier now. The Scottish press never covered us at the time. I started reading the Guardian up there because it was the only newspaper that did not have a Scottish edition, so I could stay on top of what was happening with us.

True, that could account for new Scottish Spurs fans ... but I'm going to go ahead and put it down to us signing Hutton, just because it seems intuitive to me. :p

To answer the highlighted question in one word: yes.. Davies isn't slow at all, you're being a bloody drama queen on that.

He gets up and down the pitch just as quickly as Rose, admittedly he doesn't take defenders on as readily, but he still gets into goal scoring positions (had a few shots on goal last weekend) and usually defends very well.

I still take it you didn't see our match vs Chelski at WHL? Oh and did you see how Mane's pace pulverised Davies at Anfield? You don't think Conte will look at Davies as our weak spot if we set-up similarly to the WHL but with Davies instead of Rose? You think he will get up and down like Rose did when Conte will put very pacy Pedro AND Moses on Davies' side? I really hope you are not comparing Watford's side and their tactical competency to Chelsea and Conte's.

If he does his job, along with the rest of the damn team, then we'll be fine.. You're putting way too much emphasis on the importance of one player.

Of course it is a team game, but don't underestimate the high-stakes tactical battle that Pochettino was involved in when he beat Conte and Chelski in Jnauary at WHL. Rose was a very key piece in Poch's armour that day and you are clearly underestimating the importance of Rose that day.
I assume you'd also be ok with starting Janssen in the semi-final instead of Kane by your "emphasis on the importance of one player" comment

Pfft if you look on twitter there are enough Spurs fans jinxing us on their own

Last year though despite how good we were up to the collapse (soton home and Saudi Sportswashing Machine away) before the soton game the goons were only 5 points of us.

Whereas this year the gap is a lot bigger and they appear to be in total disarray.

Although I'd be shocked if they don't win on Monday against a truly brick side in boro, with a team of championship level players.

We should actually be 21 points clear of them after the absolutely scandalous cheating in the last second of their games home and away with Burnley. They did the same to soton with a despicable stamp on Shane Long's ankle that somehow went unpunished, which directly led to girouds dive for a penalty in the last second. And also again in the last second at leicester the clearest penalty you could wish to see should have been given to leicester, but quite astonishingly was not given.

All different refs btw so it would appear to have been incompetence of the highest level, rather than the coordinated plotting of pro arsenal individuals that masterminded the poisoning of our players in 2006 and the incident at wba where the goalkeeper deliberately let in 3 goals.

Last edited:
Anyone heard any further news about Danny's injury? Starting to feel like we wont see him playing again this season

I still take it you didn't see our match vs Chelski at WHL? Oh and did you see how Mane's pace pulverised Davies at Anfield? You don't think Conte will look at Davies as our weak spot if we set-up similarly to the WHL but with Davies instead of Rose? You think he will get up and down like Rose did when Conte will put very pacy Pedro AND Moses on Davies' side? I really hope you are not comparing Watford's side and their tactical competency to Chelsea and Conte's.

Of course it is a team game, but don't underestimate the high-stakes tactical battle that Pochettino was involved in when he beat Conte and Chelski in Jnauary at WHL. Rose was a very key piece in Poch's armour that day and you are clearly underestimating the importance of Rose that day.
I assume you'd also be ok with starting Janssen in the semi-final instead of Kane by your "emphasis on the importance of one player" comment
Totally with you on this. The thought of Davies being run at is genuinely frightening. People are getting carried away with the contribution him and Trippier have made to our good run. Look at how they've performed against the top sides - they haven't.

Totally with you on this. The thought of Davies being run at is genuinely frightening. People are getting carried away with the contribution him and Trippier have made to our good run. Look at how they've performed against the top sides - they haven't.

How many top sides has he faced since he's had enough of a run in the side to regain his form?

I sat 3 rows back today. You really can't see much at all* but I could see a whole lot of Davies. He stands a few yards onside, out wide, keen to receive a pass, but facing back or infield. Whereas Rose faces down the line and sprints/forces the passes to come his way as he bursts through the defence and lashes the ball through Jen's Lehmann's smug face.

*this did not stop the bloke behind me directing play and claiming people are 'wide open' 100 yards away through a forest of bodies

Kudos to Poch for spotting anything from that terrible viewpoint. You see far more at home on the box

Back