• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Clement Lenglet

We don't have to spend 100m to cover those three positions. Raya will end up being 30m tops, there's plenty of CB options that are in the last year of their contract or available on a free.
Madison will cost the most but he's not the only option if the asking price gets too high and stops us strengthening at the back.
Is there though?
Ndicka is one
But who else?
And in reality we still have a lot to shift which means a lot will remain…

Agree here. Rodon hasn't ever been a disaster and with that role being the third of 2 CBs he probably has the mindset and reliability to be that.

I think it's fanciful to have 3 equal level CBs meaning two high quality coming in for one to sit on the bench IMO
Surely all our centre backs have to have pace to fit into Big Ange’s system?

I don’t remember Rodon being pacey

Last edited:
Is there though?
Ndicka is one
But who else?
And in reality we still have a lot to shift which means a lot will remain…
Expiring now:
Skriniar, Ndicka, Martinez, Soyuncu, Amartey, Mina, De Vrij, Smalling.

Expiring in 2024:
Saliba, Bastoni, Hernandez, Torres, Kimpembe, Elvedi, Salisu, Poch, Hermoso, Djalo, Lloyd Kelly, Toisin Adarabioyo, Igor, Rouault (plus many others).

I'd happily have any of those I have bolded (all of which I think would be reasonably easily gettable).

Expiring now:
Skriniar, Ndicka, Martinez, Soyuncu, Amartey, Mina, De Vrij, Smalling.

Expiring in 2024:
Saliba, Bastoni, Hernandez, Torres, Kimpembe, Elvedi, Salisu, Poch, Hermoso, Djalo, Lloyd Kelly, Toisin Adarabioyo, Igor, Rouault (plus many others).

I'd happily have any of those I have bolded (all of which I think would be reasonably easily gettable).
De Vrij is passed it now
Ndicka we have discussed before and we all would like him
Soyoncu has had one good season and has agreed to join atletico
Amartey is awful… lestah fans think he is a huge part of why they got relegated
Mina… we have a poor Columbia’s already
Smalling has been very good at Roma and would be great back in the prem IMO
What Martinez do you mean?

the ones with contracts expiring next season would need the DOF to get on the case

elvedi should have moved a while ago. I’m not up to speed on him now but he always looked great a few years ago and flexible too

Just looked at his data and his passing has got better… which is huge for the Ange system

De Vrij is passed it now
Ndicka we have discussed before and we all would like him
Soyoncu has had one good season and has agreed to join atletico
Amartey is awful… lestah fans think he is a huge part of why they got relegated
Mina… we have a poor Columbia’s already
Smalling has been very good at Roma and would be great back in the prem IMO
What Martinez do you mean?

the ones with contracts expiring next season would need the DOF to get on the case

elvedi should have moved a while ago. I’m not up to speed on him now but he always looked great a few years ago and flexible too

Just looked at his data and his passing has got better… which is huge for the Ange system
Martinez from Bilbao.

Plenty there that would be good back up and an improvement on what we currently have as backup.
Frees up money for a top choice CB and there's a few on the list from @Finney Is Back that would be a certain starter for us.

Martinez from Bilbao.

Plenty there that would be good back up and an improvement on what we currently have as backup.
Frees up money for a top choice CB and there's a few on the list from @Finney Is Back that would be a certain starter for us.
Elvedi is a very good player. I wanted him to come in under Jose a few years ago when he also had only 1 year left on his deal. He probably only earns 40 to 50k a week at Monchengladbach so would likely jump at the chance of a move to Spurs.

Lloyd Kelly could be one of those under the radar type of signings that end up being excellent ones. He played as a left back for Bristol City but has converted to a centre back at Bournemouth, which gives him a bit of versatility in terms of being able to play in both a 2 or 3 man defence. Could probably get those two for similar money (or even less than) transfer fees for Dier, Sanchez and Tanganga.

I would also love us to buy Salisu but loan him straight back to Southampton for a season of Championship football but, alas, I'm not sure we'll really have the funds to do that sort of thing.

Elvedi is a very good player. I wanted him to come in under Jose a few years ago when he also had only 1 year left on his deal. He probably only earns 40 to 50k a week at Monchengladbach so would likely jump at the chance of a move to Spurs.

Lloyd Kelly could be one of those under the radar type of signings that end up being excellent ones. He played as a left back for Bristol City but has converted to a centre back at Bournemouth, which gives him a bit of versatility in terms of being able to play in both a 2 or 3 man defence. Could probably get those two for similar money (or even less than) transfer fees for Dier, Sanchez and Tanganga.

I would also love us to buy Salisu but loan him straight back to Southampton for a season of Championship football but, alas, I'm not sure we'll really have the funds to do that sort of thing.
Salisu has has a falling out at Southampton
Elvedi is just a bloody good fit
Better than Ndicka IMO

Better than Ndicka IMO
Even better.... He has a huge amount of potential, just needs to calm down a bit and also improve his decision making. Has the right attributes to play a high line in a pressing team however.

Better than Ndicka IMO
The problem we have is in a 2, Romero's partner is going to have to keep an eye on his whereabouts. Game intelligence and just an instinct of dangers and developing situations (basically Ledley).
I don't think Ndicka is that.

If we can land someone on a free or small fee due to contract we can then risk a larger amount on a youngster that is well thought of and already of a level that he can be swapped into the first team. Locking in some succession planning as well.

Castello Lukeba would fit this remit.

One way or another we need two CHs this summer.

A flaky defence could be fatal if Ange wants to continue with his Celtic style in the Prem.

The problem we have is in a 2, Romero's partner is going to have to keep an eye on his whereabouts. Game intelligence and just an instinct of dangers and developing situations (basically Ledley).
I don't think Ndicka is that.

If we can land someone on a free or small fee due to contract we can then risk a larger amount on a youngster that is well thought of and already of a level that he can be swapped into the first team. Locking in some succession planning as well.

Castello Lukeba would fit this remit.

One way or another we need two CHs this summer.

A flaky defence could be fatal if Ange wants to continue with his Celtic style in the Prem.
Ndicka is IMO a good reader of the game in the few games I’ve seen him
Elvedi is a very good reader of the game
And a brilliant passer

I can’t comment on Lukeba but if we’re going to Lyon it’s Cherki we should buy

I agree we need two new CBS

Just seen a report we'll get Lenglet for around 6m Euro so Barca can clear him off their wage bill.

If that happens, that could be a neutral In for Dier out.
Probably get £20m for Sanchez, which covers a decent amount of Ibanez.

That would be decent.
With Tanganga as 4th choice and HG.

Just seen a report we'll get Lenglet for around 6m Euro so Barca can clear him off their wage bill.

If that happens, that could be a neutral In for Dier out.
Probably get £20m for Sanchez, which covers a decent amount of Ibanez.

That would be decent.
With Tanganga as 4th choice and HG.
Can’t see anyone paying that for Sanchez after last season

Spurs have confirmed Lenglet is leaving.

Didn't mind him, some important contributions attacking wise but not good enough defensively overall if being honest. Good luck to him anyway....

Thank to Lenglet for his efforts last season but let’s leave him at Barcelona. We don’t need him. If we are moving on players like Dier then we have to spend the money to replace him properly, not just bring in another stop gap that isn’t quite of the quality needed.

Thank to Lenglet for his efforts last season but let’s leave him at Barcelona. We don’t need him. If we are moving on players like Dier then we have to spend the money to replace him properly, not just bring in another stop gap that isn’t quite of the quality needed.

I'd fudging take Lenglet as a starter over Dier in squad

Big risk by the club, we will need at least 3 CB's (Assuming Lenglet, Dier, Sanchez, Rodon, Tanganga leave)

I'd fudging take Lenglet as a starter over Dier in squad

Big risk by the club, we will need at least 3 CB's (Assuming Lenglet, Dier, Sanchez, Rodon, Tanganga leave)

Yep and at £6m he’d be a good backup.

We have either formally confirmed his departure to put pressure on barca or the player to lower their demands.

Fair player but not one I lose sleep over not staying. Never stood out as dependable, more the type that needed all parts around him doing well to perform than step up individually. We have too many of them types as it is.

Big old market out there, I wouldn't be worried about him being the only option available in world football just yet

Back