• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Would you be surprised?
If I was there at the moment I'd be utterly disillusioned. We're painfully bad and we're not even good in defeat like the Ardilles days.
In fact, I'd go as far as to say that even when we win we're so boring it feels no different to a draw at best.

If he can only remember the last three games, you could be right. If on the other hand he can remember as far back as last season he might remember being a key player in a young, attacking side, who played some really nice football on occasions and loomed to be pretty tight knit.

If he can only remember the last three games, you could be right. If on the other hand he can remember as far back as last season he might remember being a key player in a young, attacking side, who played some really nice football on occasions and loomed to be pretty tight knit.
I'd argue we played well in about 4 games last year.

That's woeful.

I'd argue we played well in about 4 games last year.

That's woeful.

I'd argue that you are wrong.

You don't seem to get much pleasure out of Spurs, so I don't understand why you would sign up to a Spurs forum. How long have you been supporting the club because if you are unhappy now, you are going to hate it in the bad times?

I don't want to add fuel to the fire, but think Eriksen pushing for a way out is possible. He was amazing first half of last season then faded and hasn't been on song in the few games so far. But Poch needs to sit him down, tell him how vital he is to us, and how a new team will bond with him as a key component; as he is one our best players. It would take a Sterling like transfer figure to justify selling him imo. Hope we can keep hold.

Last edited:
One things about all this CL and winning things poop players come out with, don't they carry some of the responsibility for failing to achieve it? It's easy to say the clubs not matching my ambition, well they are PAYING you to match the clubs ambitions.

One things about all this CL and winning things poop players come out with, don't they carry some of the responsibility for failing to achieve it? It's easy to say the clubs not matching my ambition, well they are PAYING you to match the clubs ambitions.

I completely agree with you, but I don't think many footballers take any responsibility for the performances of the team. It's much easier to blame others.

Poch confirmed he's not "fit" for Saturday.

I have a sneaky feeling he might be off.
There's no way we'd pursue two £20m+ players without significant incoming funds.
I suspect the sale of Lamela + A. N. Other who I'm suspecting more and more will be Eriksen.

Really hope you are wrong. The club deserves a coating if we sell Eriksen.

If we allow Eriksen to leave I will be disgusted. It would be a massive mistake for the club to let him go. I do think he does look a little unmotivated now but I'm no body language expert and it could just be a dip in form (at least that is what I hope it is).

Last edited:
If we allow Eriksen to leave I will be disgusted. It would be a massive mistake for the club to let him go. I do think he does look a little unmotivated now but I'm not body language expert and it could just be a dip in form (at least that is what I hope it is).

Possibly a bit disillusioned but the lack of attacking signings. Him, Eriksen and Kane needed/need help in the goals and creativity department.

I agree. However, there is an added element - winning the Lge in Italy or making CL is less hard ( ie achievable to a lesser player ) than it is in the PL.
Eriksen is good, but would he be a regular In one of the existing PL top 4? No. Put us in Serie A and 2nd -4th is realistic.

Very true Barry. Most are only using it as an excuse to get more money.
It's a bit like F1 for me, it would take the gloss off winning olif your car is much superior to everyone else's. I would always wonder was I only winning the CL because I'm in a good team. could the team win without me or am I essential. Maybe that's just me though

Back