• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Championship and EFL Football

Middlesborough vs Brighton tomorrow with the prize being automatic promotion to the PL. They reckon PL promotion is worth £170mil :eek:

hangover from hell today, but putting on everything blue and white I can find. Heading into town for a pub crawl and lunch and pub crawl and dinner then up to the amex tomorrow morning as a mate got tickets in the lounge there to watch the match being beamed back from boro.

I hope to next year be watching Brighton in the prem. Tottenham first as always but I got a soft spot for Brighton.

Hughton has done amazing since going in there, manager of the season for the champinship

I'm an lapsed Eagles fan from the 70's used to go to Selhurst with my Palace supporting mate and WHL back in the day.
Would love Brighton to do though for Chris Hughton!

Mind my lad Dad was Middlesbrough born and bred................................now I'm torn :cool:

I'm an lapsed Eagles fan from the 70's used to go to Selhurst with my Palace supporting mate and WHL back in the day.
Would love Brighton to do though for Chris Hughton!

I was chatting with some mates the other night about odd football rivalries, palace/brighton came up, the best we could think was that the fans would have met travelling in and out of london to other games quite a bit, any idea what the real reason is?

I was chatting with some mates the other night about odd football rivalries, palace/brighton came up, the best we could think was that the fans would have met travelling in and out of london to other games quite a bit, any idea what the real reason is?

Not a clue to be honest - probable goes back to 40's 50's 60'
Used to be some feisty tussles back in the day with Eagles Vs Seagulls.
I remember cheering so loud in 1970 the Crystal Palace 0-3 Tottenham Hotspur game people I knew there would not talk to me for months........

Not a clue to be honest - probable goes back to 40's 50's 60'
Used to be some feisty tussles back in the day with Eagles Vs Seagulls.
I remember cheering so loud in 1970 the Crystal Palace 0-3 Tottenham Hotspur game people I knew there would not talk to me for months........
http://www.theguardian.com/football/football-league-blog/2011/sep/27/brighton-crystal-palace-rivalry

it's cos palace are south London scum and on those rare earn days they come down and ruin what is a lovely town.

when we have says out in London i always feel better once we have gone past east croydon. scummy inbred bastards.

That sheds some light for me. At the FAC game this season where Palace knocked us out, Mullery was one of the pitch-side guests at halftime, along with I think David Howells. There ensued pretty much continuous booing and jeering of Mullery by those Palace fans who had remained in the stands during the break, such that it was hard to hear what was being said. It was clear there was something very specific between him and Palace - i.e. it wasn't just them being knobbish by jeering ex-THFC players, as they were fine when Howells was speaking. In the end, Mullery had to take an early leave of the interview.
Seems like perhaps not the best occasion to have chosen to wheel out Mullery.

Hoping that Brighton do it for CH. And for selfish reasons Boro is a brick hole and I would rather travel to Brighton for next seasons games.

Hoping that Brighton do it for CH. And for selfish reasons Boro is a brick hole and I would rather travel to Brighton for next seasons games.

Sounds like someone is angling for an invite to stay at mine.

Well if Bton get there you can come over and I will get the good custard out for you, waitrose madagasgan vanilla custard some vodka and xanax and we will have ourselves a party.

Sounds like someone is angling for an invite to stay at mine.

Well if Bton get there you can come over and I will get the good custard out for you, waitrose madagasgan vanilla custard some vodka and xanax and we will have ourselves a party.

Well I have never been easy but seeing as you are such a smooth talking bastard you are on, on one condition though exchange the custard for Lemon meringue. :D

My mates a boro fan and believes Karanka walkign out was a ploy on his part to get the best out players. Apparently it was a shock tactic to get the players back focused.

He is either mad of a genius.

Back