• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

"Champions of 3rd place, we know what we are"

No it wasn’t aimed at you, just remember having a debate in this thread not long ago with some posters claiming we are obviously better than Liverpool. We are at best equal....

Frontline maybe. I think that we are far stronger in midfield and defence.

Frontline maybe. I think that we are far stronger in midfield and defence.
If we was far stronger in these areas it would be reflected in the table. Their attack is better than ours, but not that much better so if we was a far superior outfit in midfield and defence we would be a much better side than them, which we aren’t. I just don’t see why it’s so difficult to give them credit and acknowledge they are the real deal, instead of trying to put them down and over magnify their weaknesses....

If we was far stronger in these areas it would be reflected in the table. Their attack is better than ours, but not that much better so if we was a far superior outfit in midfield and defence we would be a much better side than them, which we aren’t. I just don’t see why it’s so difficult to give them credit and acknowledge they are the real deal, instead of trying to put them down and over magnify their weaknesses....

It's close and we've played the whole season away from home. How many of their midfielders or defenders would you take over ours? BTW I do not agree that their attack is better than ours, it is far better at one thing and when that works it is very effective but I think it lacks variation.

Well there’s many ways to skin a cat. They’ve got the second best GD in the league, have been ahead of us for most of the season. Their defence really isn’t that bad, and with Van Dijk is definitely looking better. They don’t have any real issues at all....

Their tactics work

Agree their defence isn’t as bad as people make out

Would now say their centre midfield is their issue especially with the age of Milner and Henderson and Can leaving

I wonder is this season an outlier for Salah or if this is his level? Everything he hits seems to go in.

A season ago we scored the most and conceded the least in the league

It wasn’t reflected in the table

I wonder is this season an outlier for Salah or if this is his level? Everything he hits seems to go in.

He has missed plenty too

He is a classy player in this league as he is bloody quick, clever and gets the chance to shoot more

In Italy he had a good record and they didn’t allow you much time at all

Next season will be interesting as he is more known but I also think he will be off to a bigger club

It's close and we've played the whole season away from home. How many of their midfielders or defenders would you take over ours? BTW I do not agree that their attack is better than ours, it is far better at one thing and when that works it is very effective but I think it lacks variation.
Sorry but I’m not buying this played the whole season away from home thing - I mean obviously factually we have, but we have made it our home. We’ve lost once there, against Chelsea opening game all season. Our record wouldn’t of been much better if at all had we played at WHL. Individually I think we are better than them yes I agree, but it’s about how you play as a team - both managers will tell you that. We have conceded 8 less than them, and they’ve scored 12 more than us and have been ahead of us for most of the season even when their defence was actually poor so as a team they are doing just as well, if not slightly better than us somehow....

A season ago we scored the most and conceded the least in the league

It wasn’t reflected in the table
Yes but Liverpool have a better GD And are ahead of us in the league and have been for a long time. What exactly is there to suggest we are a better side than Liverpool? We’ve conceded a few less, and that’s about it. Let’s be honest we are pretty evenly matched, I would just like to see credit where credit is due they are a top side...

There is little between Liverpool and us this season both teams have their different weaknesses. WHL closing has not affected us anywhere near as much as I thought it would.

Sorry but I’m not buying this played the whole season away from home thing - I mean obviously factually we have, but we have made it our home. We’ve lost once there, against Chelsea opening game all season. Our record wouldn’t of been much better if at all had we played at WHL. Individually I think we are better than them yes I agree, but it’s about how you play as a team - both managers will tell you that. We have conceded 8 less than them, and they’ve scored 12 more than us and have been ahead of us for most of the season even when their defence was actually poor so as a team they are doing just as well, if not slightly better than us somehow....

I am not arguing about the results, they are deservedly ahead of us at the moment. I think that we had a tough first half of the season with a lot of key players missing and taking time to adjust to Wembley.

Liverpool are very effective attacking at pace but I do not think that they have a lot else to their game. I think that we have better balance and front to back are a better side.

Yes but Liverpool have a better GD And are ahead of us in the league and have been for a long time. What exactly is there to suggest we are a better side than Liverpool? We’ve conceded a few less, and that’s about it. Let’s be honest we are pretty evenly matched, I would just like to see credit where credit is due they are a top side...

not arguing with that, just highlighting the table don’t always reflect the teams that have the most goals for and least against

It’s about wins

Teams can smash sides or win 1 nil... you get no more points for that

Chelsea and Leicester won the league with plenty of one goal margins

This Liverpool team still reminds of the Suarez one in that the can hammer sides and score but still dont appear to have a strong enough spine to win the league. In Europe in a cup though who knows...

I’d back us over two legs against anyone as we can score goals but also keep the discipline defensively

Well, since you seem to be basing your argument on stats, how about our 4-1 win at Wembley and 2-2 draw at their fortress Anfield? Does that not at least statistically suggest we have the upper hand over them?

not arguing with that, just highlighting the table don’t always reflect the teams that have the most goals for and least against

It’s about wins

This Liverpool team still reminds of the Suarez one in that the can hammer sides and score but still dont appear to have a strong enough spine to win the league. In Europe in a cup though who knows...

I’d back us over two legs against anyone as we can score goals but also keep the discipline defensively

Other than Barcelona and maybe City I would agree.
But we are very very good ATM.
Liverpool going forward are like us dynamic.
City's midfielders are better in the final third, Silva and De Bruyn are the two reasons will win the league if you can narrow it down to two players.
The only simplified reasons Man U are around is de Gea and Chelsea it is Hazard.

No it wasn’t aimed at you, just remember having a debate in this thread not long ago with some posters claiming we are obviously better than Liverpool. We are at best equal....
Was that the debate? I thought it was the other way round, some posters claiming Liverpool were clearly better than us and it was embarrassing bias to suggest otherwise?

I may have remembered it incorrectly though, was a month or so ago now.

Well, since you seem to be basing your argument on stats, how about our 4-1 win at Wembley and 2-2 draw at their fortress Anfield? Does that not at least statistically suggest we have the upper hand over them?
Like all the times West Ham have beaten us, that’s then made them better than us right?

I am not arguing about the results, they are deservedly ahead of us at the moment. I think that we had a tough first half of the season with a lot of key players missing and taking time to adjust to Wembley.

Liverpool are very effective attacking at pace but I do not think that they have a lot else to their game. I think that we have better balance and front to back are a better side.
Yes Milo, I can agree with that...

It’s about wins

Yeah maybe, think it is a toss of a coin if we had a two leg CL tie against them personally...

Back