• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 22/23

What the fudge has happened to Atletico? Kind of eerie watching them against Porto, outclassed but outfought as well which you'd never expect of a Simione team.

Wonder if (like us under Poch but with more tangible success during the good times) the players are just tired of running through brick walls for the manager.

Porto keeper does look class, potential Lloris replacement? He's called Diego Costa so Conte should get on with him like a house on fire :eek:

What the fudge has happened to Atletico? Kind of eerie watching them against Porto, outclassed but outfought as well which you'd never expect of a Simione team.

Wonder if (like us under Poch but with more tangible success during the good times) the players are just tired of running through brick walls for the manager.

Porto keeper does look class, potential Lloris replacement? He's called Diego Costa so Conte should get on with him like a house on fire :eek:
He is a class keeper
very aggressive too
Some big clubs will be sniffing around him (I did mention him last week ;))

on the atktcio thing I think their just dead. No real refresh there and the signings just don’t seem to step up
We will get Curasco from them in January to play RWF

Well, Conte has a minor CL monkey off his back. For now.

And we're getting lots of love on UEFA.com. For now.

So, pick your poison, people. Six group runners up. Who would you want? Where would you want to go? All represent decent competition. World Cup could play hell with anyone's squad:

Club Brugge. Inter Milan. Acey Meelan. RB Leipzig. Dortmund. Benfica.

Me? I'd be content to see Conte return to Milan against either of the flat-track bullies inhabiting the San Siro. Or cross the Rhine. Dortmund or RB Leipzig are OK, but nothing great.

Don't get to see much of Benfica but they've won 10, drawn 1 of their first 11 games in the diving, squealing Liga Porqchops. As we saw with Sporting, never a great watch or matchup for English sides. What I've seen of Brugge - and I check on their WC-bound Canucks Cyle Larin and Tajon Buchanan - is that they're a very cohesive, disciplined and tidy side who will give us the same sort of problems Rennes did last year. Belgian football is pretty decent these days.

I'd be happy getting through to the final eight. We'd have had time to bolster the squad in the January window. If we go out after that, OK. Never had us pegged to win the whole thing. Just hope we remain a tough side to beat and leave with plenty to build on. . It would give us time to focus on solidifying another top four finish to get back to CL next year and do greater damage. But swelling our Super Soar-away UEFA Club Co-Efficient would be a good thing as we'll drop big points in that ranking after this season.

Benfica and Brugge are the ones I would want to avoid, so one of those is who we will be drawn against.

Benfica and Brugge are the ones I would want to avoid, so one of those is who we will be drawn against.

What is it about those teams and the way they play that you'd want us to avoid? I'm intrigued as i don't know much about how those teams set up etc

Watched the highlights of 3 British matches and saw the 3D image UEFA are using which was used to disallow Napoli goal, my son mentioned that UEFA had told Spurs they would get a copy to show why Kanes goal against Sporting was ruled out, Spurs still waiting for copy.

What is it about those teams and the way they play that you'd want us to avoid? I'm intrigued as i don't know much about how those teams set up etc
Brugge are really well drilled, hard working unit that are high in confidence atm. The confidence bit might have changed once we play them though.
Benfica are a fast playing team with good individual players individuals. Both are also the least known and "attractive" teams. That's why I fear them. We usually up our game perform better against the bigger clubs in the CL.

Currently both Benfica and PSG have the same number of points, same goal difference, same number of goals scored and their two matches against each other both finished 1-1.

6-1 win away to top the group....mmm. Very interesting.

Some group winner is going to end up getting PSG...have a feeling we all know who thats going to be

It was well worth having those two Scottish footballing giants in the CL this season. 5 goals between them and 2 points.

Oh yes, let's have them in the Premier League...

Milan worry me, Zlatan could well be back by then.

Shame we couldn’t be drawn against the dippers, they are utter muck at the minute.

Watched the highlights of 3 British matches and saw the 3D image UEFA are using which was used to disallow Napoli goal, my son mentioned that UEFA had told Spurs they would get a copy to show why Kanes goal against Sporting was ruled out, Spurs still waiting for copy.
Yep
It’s because they used 3 different buts of technology to get it wrong so cant share it

Back