• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cann we make the top 4 or 5?

I think we need to focus on the Europa league and try to win that. Lets enjoy the ride in the premier league and see where that gets us.

If we win a European title Ange will be remembered as a legend regardless of where we come in the league.

Remind me, does EL still get a CL place?

I do like your logic. The EL will have some decent sides in it, so winning that trophy an entire season of participation would be some feat.

We would only be there to make up the numbers.

Do you think so? I think we're already a CL side when you benchmark us against every team in that competition. The problem is we play in the Pl and they only get 4 slots. I reckon there are plenty of this season's CL sides that would hate playing against Spurs. If we then project forward a year we'll be even better.

Do you think so? I think we're already a CL side when you benchmark us against every team in that competition. The problem is we play in the Pl and they only get 4 slots. I reckon there are plenty of this season's CL sides that would hate playing against Spurs. If we then project forward a year we'll be even better.
We are, I agree
Villa who limped vs United have down pretty well so far and we’re IMO as good as them if not better
The prem is so strong that a decent number of teams form here would be fine the new CL format

Fully agreed.

What we don't have is a squad ready for competing in both CL and PL football. We're hopefully getting closer to that if some of the younger players develop well. But another factor in getting there is actually being in the CL.

Yes the winner qualifies for the Champions league. I would much rather win the Europa and finish 8th than finish 4/5th and win nothing.
Me too, no doubt.

But this isn't a choice we, Ange or the club has. Do enough to get to the knockout stages and take it from there. Meanwhile the PL is the main tournament. If we ever get to a point where it's getting closer to a an actual choice the priorities may change. If we're out of the top 4/5 race by then it will be a fairly easy priority to go for the EL. If we're still in contention for both it's a different story.

Me too, no doubt.

But this isn't a choice we, Ange or the club has. Do enough to get to the knockout stages and take it from there. Meanwhile the PL is the main tournament. If we ever get to a point where it's getting closer to a an actual choice the priorities may change. If we're out of the top 4/5 race by then it will be a fairly easy priority to go for the EL. If we're still in contention for both it's a different story.
Not really, the priority is to win something.

Not really, the priority is to win something.

Yes I agree, we have to set a benchmark for progress and actually winning something will help do that. [ if only to shut up the moaners about never winning anything]. Having win something gives us a basis to progress even further. imo

I think we need to focus on the Europa league and try to win that. Lets enjoy the ride in the premier league and see where that gets us.

If we win a European title Ange will be remembered as a legend regardless of where we come in the league.
You know as well as I do that we'd get lasagne poisoning and have to play the U18s.
Whilst Cheatski buy the ECL and add it to their recent trophy purchase list.

Back