• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bryan Gil

Gil is an odd one, because his performances in his cameos for the team have been for the most part positive. He's lively, quick, nimble and has an eye for a pass. His size counts against him until he goes past someone like they are not there, so all I can assume is he's just crap in training. I know Ange has said some players who are good players will move on simply because New broom, but to me (as a former short tricky left footer) he's never had a proper chance to show his worth.
When has he really gone past anyone?
He goes backwards with every pass
He would be an England winger at the euros

Difficult to judge him on the very little we have seen of him. However he did seem lightweight most of the time so him moving on is probaby the best for him and us.

Difficult to judge him on the very little we have seen of him. However he did seem lightweight most of the time so him moving on is probaby the best for him and us.
I don’t think it is difficult to judge him
He is a small guy so he would need some other redeeming feature and it can’t be his hair
He does strike me like has worked anywhere near as much as he could around his physicality and that’s a big thing for him to address even in Spain

I don’t think it is difficult to judge him
He is a small guy so he would need some other redeeming feature and it can’t be his hair
He does strike me like has worked anywhere near as much as he could around his physicality and that’s a big thing for him to address even in Spain

The problem is he gets fouled in the PL but doesn't draw fouls as insane as that seems, Moura was similar.

Players like Zaha, Grealish & Saka can go down over and over repeatedly at the lightest of touches and get the foul most of the time, Gil (maybe ref just always thinks he's not strong enough, yet others are?) doesn't, so him being physically pushed off ball just results in turnover.

2 years ago, I thought there was a player there, he's missed a ton of development time, hopefully he can still make something out of his career, just not here.

The problem is he gets fouled in the PL but doesn't draw fouls as insane as that seems, Moura was similar.

Players like Zaha, Grealish & Saka can go down over and over repeatedly at the lightest of touches and get the foul most of the time, Gil (maybe ref just always thinks he's not strong enough, yet others are?) doesn't, so him being physically pushed off ball just results in turnover.

2 years ago, I thought there was a player there, he's missed a ton of development time, hopefully he can still make something out of his career, just not here.
He needs to be able to get away from his man to get the fouls

I’m rarely negative about our players. I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt way longer than many.

However, I have to say I’ve never seen anything from Gil. I can’t remember even a decent 45 minutes from him. He’s just someone on the pitch (or mainly bench). For what he’s cost us (fee + Lamela) he’s got to be up there as one of our biggest wastes of money.

Was very highly rated when he arrived here so I don't think we screwed this one up too badly. Obviously, couldn't progress without game time but maybe didn't do enough on his end to force the issue (kind of hard with Mourinho though, and Conte soon after).

Ah well, best of luck to him. Basically just getting him off the wage bill for a season, presumably. Gets to play CL football too, although that's a story for another thread...

Back