• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bryan Gil

Thought the lad done well when he came on. I’m surprised to see his thread on page 3, i would have thought he would be getting a bit of praise after his little cameo.

Looks a bit lightweight obviously, bit of a concern for him and us as I don't think that is what Conte wants.

Looked busy, bit rushed, desperate to prove himself perhaps. Kept trying useful things with little to work with, some skills came off. Short on match fitness probably and I have doubts about him getting enough game time to get match fit.

I agree with you that he did well under the circumstances. But I think Conte wants a more mature, ready made type showing to start trusting a player more.

I do hope he will get more minutes going forward.

He was awful. It's a short cameo so rough to judge him but everyone's fears about him being too lightweight were on show time and again last night.

He was terrible, lost the ball nearly every time. Think for everyone it would be better if he went back to Spain, league will suit him more.

Could say the same for son, do we ship him back to Germany?
I mean son is a proven international footballer who is match sharp, although you wouldn't have thought so last night.
Whereas gil is a rookie who has barely played this season and came on in tight, nervous game in which the rest of the front line were miss firing. What exactly were you expecting of him?

I mean son is a proven international footballer who is match sharp, although you wouldn't have thought so last night.
Whereas gil is a rookie who has barely played this season and came on in tight, nervous game in which the rest of the front line were miss firing. What exactly were you expecting of him?

Hard not to agree, blokes come in late and off the back of no games and a season of cameos, not sure what people are expecting. Young lad still learning his trade, highly thought of in footballing circles and was very good apparently in Spain last year, granted different leagues but only highlights the need to not judge on short stints in the line up.

I would've been all for starting Gil on the right side and not starting Richarlison out there (I think Richarlison should rotate with Kane in the middle only).. However, Gil looked terrible when he came on. In the 6 or 7 occasions he got the ball he lost it within 2 secs each time. The only good thing he did was beat a man near our corner flag and win a throw in.

He has potential but he should be out on loan developing and playing games. Sitting on our bench for 10 games and then getting 10mins as a sub is pointless. No matter how eager he was to impress it's going be hard in such a little time.

Edit: To add, if he had of started he may have had more time to calm down and ease in to the game. Its a shame Conte seems to shoehorn Richarlison in like he is undroppable when he really isn't a wide player.

I mean yeah that's fine except it was in response to people saying he played well, he didn't rookie or not. This is a guy who has a couple of seasons as a starter in Spain under his belt and is only a few months younger than Kulusevski don't forget so he isn't some academy grad getting his first taste of first team action.

Son is off form but has done enough in his time at Spurs to be given time e.g. Golden Boot winner last season. Gil has been a total failure and shown nothing in any game to suggest he will make it. At the very least he needs to be sent out on loan to get game time and try and prove himself.

Thought he tried hard but did look really light weight out there, not Conte’s cup of tea I imagine!?

Having said that, the guys barely got a kick in our colours, it’s not exactly an easy game to come in to freezing cold, might have been good to give him 10/15 minutes in the Leicester game for example when we were cruising, get his feet under the table a bit?

Laat night I think was a case of trying too hard but his first instinct is to dribble and even if does get fouls that doesn't really help us as the team get to reset.

He also seemed to play as an orthodox left winger which encourages going around the outside and crossing, but its a very different ask playing as a left footer on the right.

I really have no idea why we bought him, he doesn't fit the formation Nuno played, he wasn't cheap and he doesn't look equipped physically for the Prem.

Sure, lost the ball. But mostly got the ball in rather difficult situations.

He tried to make things happen, take people on, look for a more creative pass. Came close to making that happen on a couple of occasions.

For me that's OK for a brief cameo with no match fitness. But I also think it won't be enough to convince Conte to play him more.

Had he gotten the ball in better situations and messed up like some of the others did I would have been more critical.

He needs help to decide what kind of player he is gonna be and more importantly where he will play
We haven’t seen any of his attributes yet which is worrying for a player of talent

I mean yeah that's fine except it was in response to people saying he played well, he didn't rookie or not. This is a guy who has a couple of seasons as a starter in Spain under his belt and is only a few months younger than Kulusevski don't forget so he isn't some academy grad getting his first taste of first team action.

I am a fan of gil and think he has bags of potential, but atm that's all it is..Even as a fan i don't think he had a good game, but he wasn't really given a chance, he didn't fudge up and cost us the game and he was at least trying to be positive are about the best i could say about his performance last night.

To be fair to him, it's the clubs fault he isn't back in Spain this season. So he sits and he waits and he hopes for scraps of minutes.

It looked like he was trying too hard at times, but it also looked like he was trying to carry out actions that might make a difference, a difference in a tight game. Given more time he'd settle down more, but he's not going to get that time, not in any great chunks.

I don't think Contes ' sub game' is that hot anyway, and I'd include bringing fringe prospects on when games are won (ie a chance to advance then) in that negative view.

He was the only player last night that i was a little ambitious and excited when he got the ball, he may have lost it a couple of times but he also done a few good things. Compared to how the rest of the team have been playing i would much rather see a young lad bring abit of flair to the team and lose the ball trying to be positive in a forward position than watching our defenders and midfielders give the ball away with simple passes in dangerous positions.

He was the only player last night that i was a little ambitious and excited when he got the ball, he may have lost it a couple of times but he also done a few good things. Compared to how the rest of the team have been playing i would much rather see a young lad bring abit of flair to the team and lose the ball trying to be positive in a forward position than watching our defenders and midfielders give the ball away with simple passes in dangerous positions.
He was everywhere in his 10 min cameo, gave Frankfurt a bit of a problem by making it look like we had an extra man.

Last edited:
Tried to hard to impress last night and got caught out because of it, can not really blame him as its not often he gets a chance to show what he can do. Sadly at his age ( he is still learning) he needs to play far more often and i can not see him getting that chance here ( i hope i am wrong because he has the talent).

I don't think he was that good at all but yeah, can't expect him to be when this was his first competitive outing of the season. At least Conte tried something, don't think anyone is at fault here. He looked better last season so not sure it's right to move him on just yet but hopefully he can develop into at least a squad player for us.

Back