• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Arnaut Danjuma

I agree but the explanation why most of them are not playing is they have all been naughty boys which I can't see being true, otherwise we would have been terribly unlucky to gain so many.

I'm not saying its spite but I would suspect he is more reticent to use players he deems not his choice, there does seem a pattern there, ultimately though he has hurt himself with that view IMO. As I have said previously, he created a narrower squad than he needed to at times with his ideology
That I can agree with - he has his reasons, and whether they are right or not can be argued. But to suggest it’s out of spite is ridiculous….

Still have no idea why anyone cares if he plays or not? He's a stop gap like lenglet till the summer or next manager.
I see it slightly differently. All transfers are a risk you never know if they’ll work out or not. The loan route serves 2 purposes, emergency cover and the ability to evaluate a player without the risk of a long term contract.

The other thing to note, particularly with this whole club signing thing, is that the DoF has a responsibility to build a squad for the future that will outlast the manager.

Yes as you mentioned, only 11 can start from a 25 man squad but 16 can play on a match day. What we have here is a player that has played successfully in this country before and in Spain, CL team of the year scoring lots of goals, scored on his debut for us too. Conte also praised his training. So there’s some potential there.

We weren’t chasing the game nor doggedly defending a lead. Moura was brought on like for like for fresh legs. All people are asking for us why not use this comfortable opportunity to have a look at player to see if you have a potential gem on your hands or not

Still have no idea why anyone cares if he plays or not? He's a stop gap like lenglet till the summer or next manager.

Personally because I care about the team and the bigger picture. I think that using the depth and therefore having the depth ready for when needed just show logic TBH.

People know they are stop gaps, but whilst they are here they are Spurs players, would not mind if Conte was step perfect, then maybe you might have a point

I see it slightly differently. All transfers are a risk you never know if they’ll work out or not. The loan route serves 2 purposes, emergency cover and the ability to evaluate a player without the risk of a long term contract.

The other thing to note, particularly with this whole club signing thing, is that the DoF has a responsibility to build a squad for the future that will outlast the manager.

Yes as you mentioned, only 11 can start from a 25 man squad but 16 can play on a match day. What we have here is a player that has played successfully in this country before and in Spain, CL team of the year scoring lots of goals, scored on his debut for us too. Conte also praised his training. So there’s some potential there.

We weren’t chasing the game nor doggedly defending a lead. Moura was brought on like for like for fresh legs. All people are asking for us why not use this comfortable opportunity to have a look at player to see if you have a potential gem on your hands or not

I get that. I'd like to see more of him too. But he'll probably be gone in the summer so i'm not sure why fans are up in arms about it?

While I will always love Lucas, from the very start to the very end of his Spurs career he's been a fan and a great player, his time has come now. His contract is running down and for a while now Lucas has looked like teams have worked him out. The end product has been poor while Danjuma is younger, with something to prove and has pedigree. He's also an inverted left winger, a mirror of Kulu, and as such should have been ahead of Lucas yesterday. I hope he gets a chance to show if he deserves a place in the team - nothing worse than a loan that comes in and sits on the bench the whole time (Pao Lopez comes to mind).

What a load of gonads. You haven’t a clue why Conte isn’t picking him, you just whinge about Conte for absolutely anything. Conte has been questioned on here about why he hasn’t picked several players, don’t tell me they are just not picked all out of spite too:rolleyes: If the club signs a player the coach doesn’t really want or see fitting into his system, why would he play him? If you want to argue he should be getting more game then fine, but to say Conte isn’t doing that out of spite is utter nonsense…..
Here are some facts that have come from contes comments
2 players he has said are “club signings” he hasn’t played
He gave Spence no minutes in the league and even played Perisic there, arguably out of position rather than try Spence

Yesterday he played Moura left side. Lucas moura is being key go by the club because he can’t deliver what we need now. Conte did say he didn’t decide to let Moura go.

Danjuma actually plays left side and has been successful there in Spain, the CL and in the championship here. he has had NO league minutes so far

the common theme is both those players have been “outed” as club players by conte. Not his signings, club ones

Last edited:
A possibilty here could be that Conte might not be playing either of the 'club signings' in order to ensure in future he is more likely to get the players he wants - stop wasting time & resources giving me players i don't ask for, essentially. I think Poch was kind of in the same place when we went through the period of no signings, having had a couple of windows/years of poor club buys he then put his foot down and vetoed any more signings that weren't who he wanted (hence why we have the info that we could have sugned x y or z during those years) in hindsight some signings would have been better than none and maybe in this case playing the likes of Spence & Danjuma would have been better in the short term for the team as well, but it's the managers perogative whether to play these players or not at the end of the day.

Last edited:
A possibilty here could be that Conte might not be playing either of the 'club signings' in order to ensure in future he is more likely to get the players he wants - stop wasting time & resources giving me players i don't ask for, essentially. I think Poch was kind of in the same place when we went through the period of no signings, having had a couple of windows/years of poor club buys he then put his foot down and vetoed any more signings that weren't who he wanted (hence why we have the info that we could have sugned x y or z during those years) in hindsight some signings would have been better than none and maybe in this case playing the likes of Spence & Danjuma would have been better in the short term for the team as well, but it's the managers perogative whether to play these players or not at the end of the day.
It’s 100% the managers call
But it’s also his fault if we don’t take points because of squad depth issues
Not choosing to use his squad is his call

It’s 100% the managers call
But it’s also his fault if we don’t take points because of squad depth issues
Not choosing to use his squad is his call

Yeah agreed - the manager lives and dies by the results and if he doesn't get them and there's reason to think his decisions were a factor in that then it goes against him

Yeah agreed - the manager lives and dies by the results and if he doesn't get them and there's reason to think his decisions were a factor in that then it goes against him
Good and bad
Can’t think of a game off my head since Chelsea away where sub or subs changed the game

but that’s been an issue for us for years at Tottenham

We finally appear to have some depth and options but aren’t using them … not that we need to yesterday

And then we got lo celso and ndombele. We can't be doing that again.

And then we got lo celso and ndombele. We can't be doing that again.
Under the coach who wanted them they may have worked out. Poch had a specific idea for them, mostly likely his narrow diamond. Neither player were ever the type that would suit Mourinho or Conte. They just don't select those kind of players for midfield.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I get that. I'd like to see more of him too. But he'll probably be gone in the summer so i'm not sure why fans are up in arms about it?
This is a catch-22:
We don't play him so we don't get to see if he's capable in the league.
We say we won't buy him because he might not be capable in the league.

I wonder if this is how plastic Chelsea fans view their signings... "oh, he's just one of a million players on our books so if he doesn't make it no big deal, just throw him out and get another one in."
By the way, I'm not calling anyone here a plastic because that would be rich coming from an American. I just think we should show some humanity to this professional footballer who makes more than all of us combined (except Scara obviously).

What a load of gonads. You haven’t a clue why Conte isn’t picking him, you just whinge about Conte for absolutely anything. Conte has been questioned on here about why he hasn’t picked several players, don’t tell me they are just not picked all out of spite too:rolleyes: If the club signs a player the coach doesn’t really want or see fitting into his system, why would he play him? If you want to argue he should be getting more game then fine, but to say Conte isn’t doing that out of spite is utter nonsense…..

It's a pattern

- Danjuma, Spence, Sarr, Gill nothing game wise
- Perisic, fudge it, lets play him brick performance after brick performance, and wait till my fudging assistant coach figures out Ben fudging Davies is better in the position

And anyone can sit here and say, oh, well we don't see the training. I can tell you what I see, a guy that refused to play Sarr until there literally was Sarr or the fudging tea lady and guess what? the kid is actually decent, team gets fit again Sarr disappears. Go look at the recent training video posted (one with Porro goal), Danjuma is one of the better finishers in the session, but guess what, Conte will play fudging Lucas next game, and the next.

This is a guy who doesn't give a single fudge about this club, isn't willing to make a single compromise, and his no compromise approach still has us playing like brick. Sorry if you think we should sit here and praise him like an abused spouse but his attitude to the club, players and his results simply aren't good enough.

It's a pattern

- Danjuma, Spence, Sarr, Gill nothing game wise
- Perisic, fudge it, lets play him brick performance after brick performance, and wait till my fudging assistant coach figures out Ben fudging Davies is better in the position

And anyone can sit here and say, oh, well we don't see the training. I can tell you what I see, a guy that refused to play Sarr until there literally was Sarr or the fudging tea lady and guess what? the kid is actually decent, team gets fit again Sarr disappears. Go look at the recent training video posted (one with Porro goal), Danjuma is one of the better finishers in the session, but guess what, Conte will play fudging Lucas next game, and the next.

This is a guy who doesn't give a single fudge about this club, isn't willing to make a single compromise, and his no compromise approach still has us playing like brick. Sorry if you think we should sit here and praise him like an abused spouse but his attitude to the club, players and his results simply aren't good enough.
Firstly you’ve just rewritten history there - Sarr impressed Conte during the WC when he had time to work with him and when the PL season began after the WC that’s when he began to get minutes - there were articles on this at the time before Conte had started playing him, to make out he literally had to be desperate to play him is just not right.

Secondly there is not one bit of evidence that Conte is not playing whoever you want him to play out of spite. And forgive me if I don’t base my opinions on which player should be playing based on a club training video - I’m guessing Conte and any football manager has to consider who is selected based on far more elements than a five minute shooting session in training released by the club- that being said, I’m sure you know best.

I couldn’t give a fudge whether you praise Conte or not, but I will respond when someone is uttering nonsense to suit his Conte out narrative. You don’t have to agree with what Conte does or who he picks, or even want him here and indeed the football for large parts has not been good enough - but you come out with stuff that goes beyond that and is just agenda driven and baseless…..

Firstly you’ve just rewritten history there - Sarr impressed Conte during the WC when he had time to work with him and when the PL season began after the WC that’s when he began to get minutes - there were articles on this at the time before Conte had started playing him, to make out he literally had to be desperate to play him is just not right.

Secondly there is not one bit of evidence that Conte is not playing whoever you want him to play out of spite. And forgive me if I don’t base my opinions on which player should be playing based on a club training video - I’m guessing Conte and any football manager has to consider who is selected based on far more elements than a five minute shooting session in training released by the club- that being said, I’m sure you know best.

I couldn’t give a fudge whether you praise Conte or not, but I will respond when someone is uttering nonsense to suit his Conte out narrative. You don’t have to agree with what Conte does or who he picks, or even want him here and indeed the football for large parts has not been good enough - but you come out with stuff that goes beyond that and is just agenda driven and baseless…..

Guy doesn't pick player, media asks why, guy answers player is a club signing, yep, somehow my narrative.

Sarr was there for preseason, Sarr was in every training session pre WC, how did he only realize there was a player there then? the fact is (not my opinion) is Sarr only got game time when our midfield options were limited due to injuries.

And you need to tone it down mate, if you disagree, all cool, but this is second response where you making points about me not the issue

Really ahoy we signed this guy and can't wait to see him in action.... Oh, he's a club signing. He does look good sitting on the bench tho.

This is a catch-22:
We don't play him so we don't get to see if he's capable in the league.
We say we won't buy him because he might not be capable in the league.

I wonder if this is how plastic Chelsea fans view their signings... "oh, he's just one of a million players on our books so if he doesn't make it no big deal, just throw him out and get another one in."
By the way, I'm not calling anyone here a plastic because that would be rich coming from an American. I just think we should show some humanity to this professional footballer who makes more than all of us combined (except Scara obviously).

but why afford pro atheletes any compassion? they are paid very highly to perform. if anything i think we lack the ruthlessness to get rid of non-performing players. Note that non-performing doesn't equal to incompetent. non-performing for Spurs could be different at another club ... so win-win!

Back