• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Archie Gray

He is more than mobile to play that way
You can’t press on your own or you end up leaving gaps
He was on his own as soon as we went 1 up
England dont press which is a massive issue
Its still a big downgrade from Richarlison on that front though. And that's quite key to how we play.

I can see him being an option for certain scenarios (against bus parkers), but he's not really the complete #9 we need

Its still a big downgrade from Richarlison on that front though. And that's quite key to how we play.

I can see him being an option for certain scenarios (against bus parkers), but he's not really the complete #9 we need
Yeah but a big upgrade on finishing, ball retention (a massive issue) and occupying the opposition
We only play teams that park the bus now don’t forget
It’s why sonny struggled
I’d be chuffed to bits with Toney for the next 3 years whilst the youngsters really develop
You really can’t judge players in the nag tube football Brentford play. It’s route one

excited about this one.

midfielder by trade but has extensive games with Leeds including a play off. English too but not just filing the quota, he's got a bit of quality progressing play with the ball at his feet

still young though and lots to learn - i believe he was somewhat responsible for not pushing up to enable the offside which resulted in the through ball and goal in the championship play off.

his main weakness i feel is his pace/speed. He is not slow but i think his pace/speed will determine which role he settles into - likely central midfield long term.

Watching Toney tonight was interesting. His presence, physicality and hold-up play is impressive. But his pressing was virtually non-existent and no way is he anywhere near mobile enough for an Ange team.

I thought he made a 'big' difference, pun intended. A bit like Crouch you sub him on and he creates panic in a defence, and helps open up his sides attack.

If i was rodon i might choose leeds over ipswich. Yes Ipswich are in the prem. But lets face it more likely to go down. Leeds might be the better long term choice. Also he knows the club. Up to him.

He will be 27 this year, and hasn't played in the pl. He might want to test him self at that level.

If he can get a release clause in his contract, it could be a good move.

Mute the video. It's clips from the Chelsea game which many of you will have seen before, but this highlights how he's years ahead of where a 18 year old player normally is (17 in the video, playing against Chelsea's globetrotters).
This lad's not normal, we could have a hallmark signing here.

any videos of him against a decent team...😉

Back