• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Tiredness shouldn't kick in in a 90 min game, other than maybe for WBs.
Disagree. Players should be very tired by 90 minutes, if they have given their all. That is why we try to be fitter than other teams, for the last 15 mins.
Towards the end of a game they get towards the red line where strains and muscle fatigue is an issue.
Not the centre backs or goalie, but all others should be very tired. And thus a refreshed player can bring new energy and pose different problems.
Agree that WB is the most strenuous. I feel we should aim to rotate them at 60 mins and thus tell them to go nuts for 60 minutes and not hold back anything in the tank for more than that.

Subs disrupt your flow too much. Having 5 shouldn't change that you don't really start making them till about 70 mins. Well unless things are going very wrong anyway

Tiredness shouldn't kick in in a 90 min game, other than maybe for WBs. Rotation between games is the way to manage longer term fatigue, not giving players 3/4s of a match
That's where strategies and systems are more important than ever. It's the new competitive edge and teams with ready quality in depth can make a difference. It seems that Paratici and Conte were well aware and while we haven't used up all the transfer funds yet, a lot of players should be familiar with Conte's system after a gruelling and busy pre season.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Subs disrupt your flow too much. Having 5 shouldn't change that you don't really start making them till about 70 mins. Well unless things are going very wrong anyway

Tiredness shouldn't kick in in a 90 min game, other than maybe for WBs. Rotation between games is the way to manage longer term fatigue, not giving players 3/4s of a match

I think tiredness is a factor in gemes too. Fresh legs.

But I do think it sometimes gets underestimated how difficult it can be for players to come on as a sub, settle into the rhythm of the game, do the right things.

And often there's a reason why the players that did start actually started, if it's working there's almost always a risk that a sub makes the team perform worse.

I saw lots of posts in the Wolves match thread about how pedestrian wee were (and often are) in first halves recently.

Do we think this is actually deliberate?

The way we performed in the Wolves game on the first half wasn't deliberate. We weren't good enough.

I do think we at times start a bit slowly, try to conserve energy at a time when opponents spend a lot of energy. Then we get some pressing spells and up the intensity later on. For some games I think that's a decent plan.

But we need enough intensity and aggression defensively. We need enough willingness and intent when attacking. Getting that balance right is easier if your plan is to start at max intensity.

Hello Mauricio. How are you? Hope you’re keeping well since PSG let you go. Are you coming back to Spurs one day?

Not sure if discussed elsewhere.
Bentancur went down with what seemed like a pretty average head injury.
Medics immediately held his neck stiff and checked him for concussion.
Medic (Asian chap, no idea of name) was clearly saying to Conte that Bentancur could not restart and Conte grabbed Bentancur and pushed him towards the line and was trying to put him back on.
Whilst the medic was pulling him back and saying no no no no no to Conte who didn't want to hear it.

Conte needs to respect the medics more. He is always pushing players to play and saying "he will be back in a week" when the medical team say 3 weeks. I know he is a winner and likes to push things, but concussion is a very serious matter.

Medic (Asian chap, no idea of name) was clearly saying to Conte that Bentancur could not restart and Conte grabbed Bentancur and pushed him towards the line and was trying to put him back on.
Whilst the medic was pulling him back and saying no no no no no to Conte who didn't want to hear it.

Conte needs to respect the medics more. He is always pushing players to play and saying "he will be back in a week" when the medical team say 3 weeks. I know he is a winner and likes to push things, but concussion is a very serious matter.

i think theres an element of keeping our opponents guessing as well though.
like the son/richarlson discussion in the press conference today,
conte, richie will start instead of of son soon,
press, on wednesday,
conte, probably not, but soon.

moyes now isn't sure what team he is preparing for.

Don't know the ins and outs of it, but I suspect that the atmosphere was loud on the touchline and English not being Contes first language probably added to the confusion. I don't think Conte is that stupid to push his players on the pitch if they are injured.

i think theres an element of keeping our opponents guessing as well though.
like the son/richarlson discussion in the press conference today,
conte, richie will start instead of of son soon,
press, on wednesday,
conte, probably not, but soon.

moyes now isn't sure what team he is preparing for.
Well Bentacur is out with concussion for the whole of this week
We made a concussion sub and as he didn’t return he is automatically out

probably those stupid games against Chelsea

Not sure this takes into account the cup games. We only had one league game against them. The red going up seems to be over a month at least. Romero was out 80 days.

Although it could just be winter fixtures and tiredness.

I have not watched much of Conte’s previous teams, do they all start the season like they don’t want to be there?

Back