• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Annus Horribilis 2011/2012 .............................

Why is a brick thread? Its a valid point, if it doesn't interest you just don't read it/participate. Simple really.

Is that the players in our team 'demanding Champions League football' (Bale, Modric) are the ones who failed to do the business on the pitch. They hold the team over this barrel with demands of getting into the top 4, but they're the fudgers whose job it is to do it!

Modern football eh?

=D>

Funny thing is, we qualified to CL with a seemingly inferior set of strikers : Crouch, Defoe, Keane, Pavly. But since then we have failed to qualify despite signing VDV, Adebayor and Saha. This shows, having better strikers doesn't mean you will have a better team. Or maybe VDV is jinxed !

Why is a brick thread? Its a valid point, if it doesn't interest you just don't read it/participate. Simple really.

Players are mercenaries. They don't give a fudge about the club. Fascinating how many of these doooooom threads appear when we've lost out on something.

...oh, and just to rub it in, Ashley Cole, the epitome of EVERYTHING, I mean EVERYTHING that is wrong with the modern day footballer, is now one of the most decorated individual in the Premier League era or summit... 12 medals; 7 FA Cups, 3 Premier Leagues, 1 League Cup... and now a Champions League Medal... disgusting smug cheating filthy nasty ****!

To be honest, it is not worth getting annoyed over. Do you honestly think they'd all stay even if we had regular CL football - Ask Arsenal....

A LOT of sense seaside Spur... and a lot of uncomfortable truths...

enjoy your sabbatical from the game, you'll come back better and stronger for it...

or you'll never come back, and be EVEN better and stronger for it! good for you..

AT LEAST YOU LIVE BY THE fudging SEASIDE!

Why is this a brick thread? I share a lot (if not all) of his sentiments, and I reckon I'm not alone in doing that. There is no doubt that football as a sport is in rapid decline, and bar perhaps doping that we know of, it is susceptible to every corruption possible. Problem is that as in pro cycling (which is almost a sport of who gets caught and who doesn't), it is so popular that every step to fight it has to be done so carefully that it doesn't ruin the reputation and ultimately money making ability.

But even if we love the sport, it doesn't have to mean we have to like the direction it's heading.

The only real positive about last night is that we ALL know there are OTHER Spurs fans feeling EXACTLY the same way... we are NOT alone in this!

BTW, football, like Music & TV is also something I love(d) but HATE the direction it's heading...

let's not confuse A LOT of threads with brick threads... many are valid, but I imagine that the individuals creating them don't necessarily want to get their opinions 'lost' in a sea of already corrupted 'Harry-out' threads!

My serious answer - no he won't and no he shouldn't. The rules are the rules and we all knew them beforehand.

My less serious answer - what are the rules actually? The relevant UEFA regualtion says "the UEFA Champions League titleholder is guaranteed a place in the group stage even if it does not qualify for the competition through its domestic championship. If the titleholder comes from an association entitled to four places in the UEFA Champions League and qualifies for the UEFA Europa League through its domestic competitions, the lowest-ranked club of the associationÔÇÖs UEFA Champions League representatives is automatically transferred to the UEFA Europa League (into the latest possible round where there is a vacancy)." If you look at this page on UEFA's website, at the tab headed "Club rankings", Manchester United are 2nd, Arsenal are 6th, Tottenham are 27th and Emirates Marketing Project are 28th. So, aren't Emirates Marketing Project the lowest-ranked club?

Fair play, and while everybody loves a David vs Goliath story, nobody roots for an obnoxious David who cheats his way to victory while using a russian bloodmoney-financed Gatling gun.

Players are mercenaries. They don't give a fudge about the club. Fascinating how many of these doooooom threads appear when we've lost out on something.

Clubs and fans are mercenaries too. Players want whatever is best for them, fans want whatever is best for the club. It does pain me when I see players wanting to move to more successful clubs, but when you think about it rationally it's no worse than fans wanting to buy more successful players.

As for Luka, he deserves to be let go IMO - he's been here for 4 years, he's going to be 27 in September - let him play for a top team as he's entering his peak.

From a purely self-interested point of view: To an extent I agree with the idea that you shouldn't sell your best players, but I think a decent alternative is buying players when they have potential and then selling them at their peak. The key is reinvesting the profit wisely. If we sell Luka for ?ú40m and buy Dembele for ?ú10-?ú15m as a replacement (personally I think he is going to be top, top class), then we have extra funds to buy even more players.

Quite right... 1 does, I refer m'lud to Exhibits A & B; RvP and Drogba!

Drogba makes RvP look like an expendable average Joe at Arsenal. with the exception of Cech and (playerwise, not as a player) Cashley, I wouldn't have any of their ilk at Spurs.

Back