• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ange’s system / formation

I think time is up for him now. Every time they try to change their style andplay better football they struggle and end up reverting to the usual defensive setup. His way has a ceiling and the fans aren't happy with it. Maybe they'll appreciate it more when they eventually find themselves back in the championship.
They have a very good DoF there now. They could do well if he aligns with a good, forward thinking manager. Doesn’t come without risk though and I’d say Moyes is the safest of safe hands when it comes to doing reasonably well in the league.

Come on, we know the Poch issues started months before (not disagreeing that we fudged it IMO)...Redknapp? He had hung his arse out for the England job and basically taken the tinkle. Nuno had to go...they have got appts wrong, absolutely.
None of them were sacked due to fan pressure…. Well Nuno was sacked due to fan pressure but it was fan pressure of ‘ENIC out!’ There was quite a funny Duncan Squires cartoon on it in the grauniad. ;)

Revisionism IMO.
We were coasting in 3rd and looking to possibly mount a challenge when Crapello was canned, Harry got a whiff and hitched his skirt to give the FA a 'come get me' flash. Despite absolutely fiucking up several games after the 5-0 drubbing of the geordies (that NLD was a disgrace) he STILL had guaranteed 3rd place in his hands, just win the last two games of the season...I'm sure you remember which prolific goalscorer remained on the bench at Villa Park for the entire match...
Why would we expect our managers not to want to be considered for other jobs? The club shows them no loyalty (I mean look at Pochettino for example) so it works both ways. The fact is we finished 4th (again) under Redknapp. He was a good manager that we should’ve kept at the time, especially as it was then clear he would never manage England.

Why would we expect our managers not to want to be considered for other jobs? The club shows them no loyalty (I mean look at Pochettino for example) so it works both ways. The fact is we finished 4th (again) under Redknapp. He was a good manager that we should’ve kept at the time, especially as it was then clear he would never manage England.

Didn't jol drive up and had a meeting with them though?

Revisionism IMO.
We were coasting in 3rd and looking to possibly mount a challenge when Crapello was canned, Harry got a whiff and hitched his skirt to give the FA a 'come get me' flash. Despite absolutely fiucking up several games after the 5-0 drubbing of the geordies (that NLD was a disgrace) he STILL had guaranteed 3rd place in his hands, just win the last two games of the season...I'm sure you remember which prolific goalscorer remained on the bench at Villa Park for the entire match...

Yes he did, i was working through the FA coaching team at the time and [ rent a quote] was making all the noises that he wanted the job and through his mates in the press he was convinced he would get it. Truth is he was never in with a shout as the last thing the FA wanted was a liar and someone who had legal problems on going.

The guy is a fraud and the reason he was popular with the press guys is because he was always willing to give them a story to fill their papers.

There's being considered for other jobs versus shadow leading a campaign via Fleet St mates. He took his eye off the ball massively and publicly. Even Rosie could see it mate...

Well
It’s easier to not moan at home
Or to moan in an armchair
Any fan looking from the outside at Chelsea can see it’s a car crash with or without Poch
Poch had a choice to make and he took the money on offer there. He has to deal with what he has and know his rep is now transited with both clubs
They play good football now, and should have won far more games than they have. They have a good foundation with good, young players, who will only get better with more experience and confidence.

I'm not calling for a change of manager, but calling this a bad patch, is a big understatement! We haven't played well since December, other than in 20 minute periods of games. I didn't expect us to continue the form from the first 10 games, but in many ways we haven't improved at all, quite the opposite.
And teams have found some very prominent weak spots.

Ange believe those can be mitigated by being fully committed to playing his style, but that's where I think he's partially wrong. At some point, you have to adapt a bit and adress the situation directly.

They play good football now, and should have won far more games than they have. They have a good foundation with good, young players, who will only get better with more experience and confidence.
And structure and stability
But I don’t see that happening there
Their fan base doesn’t think the club needs a project
The oniy thing a couple of them did say was who the hell would they get instead

Back