• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: AVB Sacked page 224

Mods - can we now please lock this thread and consign AVB to the past. Time to move on.

People kept on talking about the manager before last for ages after he left.

I'm sure that there is still loads more to come out about AVB's time at the club and his departure. So I think that we should leave this thread where it is for the moment.

Strange to think that if Spurs had drawn their games against Liverpool and Southampton, AVB would probably still be in the job yet have a point less than we have today.

What an absolute tw@t. A bitter, massively transparent tw@t.

I don't see why it's hard not to appreciate what Sherwood has done, and what Harry did, while at the same time appreciating the hard work AVB put in with us. So it didn't work out...he tried his best for the club and doesn't deserve the English media old boys club hounding him out of the country.

I seriously hope AVB takes a job on the continent in the CL next season and delivers some big results against some media darling clubs, while young Jamie is doing his 'punditry'. I'd love to see the gormless look on his face.

Completely agree. What is done is done. Whatever his faults, whether it was the right decision or not, he seemed like a genuinely nice man who tried hard to make things work at Spurs. There's absolutey no need to fob him off and keep on attacking him in every thread, or to claim that we would or wouldn't have done certain things with him still in charge.

Strange to think that if Spurs had drawn their games against Liverpool and Southampton, AVB would probably still be in the job yet have a point less than we have today.

I said that at the time. TG it didn't happen. Whoever Trevor is better than AVB

People kept on talking about the manager before last for ages after he left.

I'm sure that there is still loads more to come out about AVB's time at the club and his departure. So I think that we should leave this thread where it is for the moment.

Agreed. I saw no problem with mentioning Arry, Jol, Ramos so I don't see any problem with posters referring to AVB.

What an absolute tw@t. A bitter, massively transparent tw@t.

I don't see why it's hard not to appreciate what Sherwood has done, and what Harry did, while at the same time appreciating the hard work AVB put in with us. So it didn't work out...he tried his best for the club and doesn't deserve the English media old boys club hounding him out of the country.

I seriously hope AVB takes a job on the continent in the CL next season and delivers some big results against some media darling clubs, while young Jamie is doing his 'punditry'. I'd love to see the gormless look on his face.

He'll get either the psg, monaco or milan job.

I'd say a large part of the media agenda against AVB has been driven by these ex-player pundits, who have resented his getting into the 'club' via the back-door, so to speak — "Never had a playing career", etc. Their conservative, closed-shop sensibilities have been offended all along by that fact, I think.

I'd say a large part of the media agenda against AVB has been driven by these ex-player pundits, who have resented his getting into the 'club' via the back-door, so to speak — "Never had a playing career", etc. Their conservative, closed-shop sensibilities have been offended all along by that fact, I think.

That's only really a problem in this country I believe. The old boys club mentality seems less of a problem abroad.

Agreed. I saw no problem with mentioning Arry, Jol, Ramos so I don't see any problem with posters referring to AVB.

Neither do I. Comments in other threads are fine.

But I think a thread called "AVB sacked" is only going to be divisive, serves no positive purpose whatsoever now that he has gone, and is just a lightening conductor for negativity.

Hence, I think it should be terminated forthwith.

Anyone heard what Jamie Redknapp said before kickoff about Sherwood; whilst having a cheap dig a AVB.

"He's played football, he's not a blagger, doesn't talk about dimensions and he knows the club"
WHat a snide nasty bitter little man with a chip on his shoulder about AVB replacing his dad. At least go on about Sherwood rather than having digs at the former manager. Jamie has not endeared himself to me since he helped Keane move to the scouse and his behaviour during England Managerial saga.

Never had anything against Redknapp Junior before but what a horrible disrespectful c**t he is. He's never managed before so why is he running his mouth like that about a man that has managed and done so successfully with Porto.

F**k off and die Jamie, you won't be missed. Bitter little prick.

Never had anything against Redknapp Junior before but what a horrible disrespectful c**t he is. He's never managed before so why is he running his mouth like that about a man that has managed and done so successfully with Porto.

F**k off and die Jamie, you won't be missed. Bitter little prick.

He said something along the lines of "Tim won't try and blag you with fancy words saying things like 'Players personal dimensions'"

So basically AVB says something that Redknapp doesn't understand completely, and he gets called a blagger. He is the thickest person on Sky Sports by far, fueled by his opinions, but never fact. He is essentially a Top Gear presenter. Useless ballbag

My opinion, they can't understand why Chelsea paid so much money for him in the first place despite being a promising young coach who then went on to fail at Chelsea but still got another job at a top 5 club in English football in spite of this failure.

There probably is a bit of Arry's mates don't like him because he got Arry's job also though.

He said something along the lines of "Tim won't try and blag you with fancy words saying things like 'Players personal dimensions'"

So basically AVB says something that Redknapp doesn't understand completely, and he gets called a blagger. He is the thickest person on Sky Sports by far, fueled by his opinions, but never fact. He is essentially a Top Gear presenter. Useless ballbag

Even though I don't agree with him and found it unnecessary for him to have a go at AVB in the first place, the bit about "player dimensions" is a valid point. He is too bogged down by stats and theoretics.

Neither do I. Comments in other threads are fine.

But I think a thread called "AVB sacked" is only going to be divisive, serves no positive purpose whatsoever now that he has gone, and is just a lightening conductor for negativity.

Hence, I think it should be terminated forthwith.

The title is temporary. We'll get around to changing it when we can be arsed.

have to say that i am surprised at Jamie for saying that

very unprofessional and very disrespectful

Second part is very true.

However, I'm not surprised at all. Jamie always was a little **** and he's got a bit more of an agenda now since we moved his dad along.

Even though I don't agree with him and found it unnecessary for him to have a go at AVB in the first place, the bit about "player dimensions" is a valid point. He is too bogged down by stats and theoretics.

Every successful club uses stats and detailed analysis of games and I suspect that its use is only going to grow.

With regards to AVB's use of language, the truth will out eventually but so far his communication skill are not something that our players have criticised.

The criticism of AVB seems to be that he struggles with personal relationships and had fallen out with loads of people behind the scenes.

Every successful club uses stats and detailed analysis of games and I suspect that its use is only going to grow.

With regards to AVB's use of language, the truth will out eventually but so far his communication skill are not something that our players have criticised.

The criticism of AVB seems to be that he struggles with personal relationships and had fallen out with loads of people behind the scenes.

I'm not saying stats and research are not important, far from it. You can't just rock up on a Saturday without any preparation or without knowing how the other team plays. But football is unpredictable and AVB didn't seem to quite grasp the concept of what do we do if x happens e.g. the other team scores first when we play at home and I never felt confident that he had a plan B to fix it, his subs often left me scratching my head.

I have no idea how he speaks when he addresses the team in training or on matchdays, it was more of a personal quibble to be honest, I just find it unnecessary to throw so many big words around. DHSF made a good comparison with Joey from Friends.

Back