• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

forget about 4th next season. he'll need time to get it right and by then we'll be so far behind chelsea arsenal utd and city it'll be laughable.

should have gone for blanc. at least he could have recreated what wenger has done at arsenal.

Was reading on a diff forum how levy apparently had AVB lined up for a couple months, and had him scouting players for the club. Now this sounded like a load of tosh to me personally, but i think someone on here said he had been out scouting in Brazil recently, could it be possible?? Would levy really have approached someone else again before the previous man is gone?

Absolutely. It would have been a dereliction of duty for Levy not to have prepared for Harry's departure. One way or the other, it was always inevitable. The FA making Harry England manager would just have made things easier.

forget about 4th next season. he'll need time to get it right and by then we'll be so far behind chelsea arsenal utd and city it'll be laughable.

should have gone for blanc. at least he could have recreated what wenger has done at arsenal.

Where did you buy your crystal ball? To what degree is it accurate? Where did you learn to read it?

What people forget is this is the manager Cheat$ki paid a lot of money for a year ago.

Now we get him for free, potentially with the added bonus of having learnt something on his trip.

As for Scum fans, really? something to gloat about?
- The best finish in recent memory of our squad was last season, theirs? 7+ years ago
- The best team/squad we have been able to field in recent memory was last season, theirs? 7+ seasons ago
- Why don't they worry why they are so preoccupied with looking over their shoulder, vs. looking above
- Why don't they realize Fulham was closer to catching them, than they were to catching the top 2
- And go beg RVP to stay, and pretend your club hasn't already bought his subpar replacements.

Anyone else happy that other fans and other pundits/ex players are almost writing AVB off already and saying how it's a poor appointment etc?.. lets prove them wrong, make some great signings and shut them up on the football pitch.

Sure, if we are 1 point worse off than we were at some stage last season they'll write him about how it's 1 point etc. but fudge them. we are in this for the long haul, let us be the team they are all talking about.

Yep. Very happy that others have low expectations for AVB at Spurs.

Just so long as, should things look a bit dicey for a while, the inevitable subsequent media brickstorm doesn't overwhelm Levy and force him into a premature, humiliating retreat.

I don't even know how Chelsea fans can even say anything. The current manager they have got sacked by West fudging Brom

Mate, people's view of Wenger is heavily tinted by what he did in the first 7 years he was in charge.

If he wasn't employed by a club that has long given up on ambition, he would have been fired 4 years ago, his last 7 years at the Scum have seen an amazing decline in results, squad quality, the only saving grace has been his ability to pull the CL rabbit out of the hat, and if RVP goes, highly unlikely he will pull that off this year.

It was only a couple of weeks ago you were saying how great a signing Giroud was for Arsenal and that if he'd signed for Spurs we'd be creaming ourselves - completely neglecting the FACT that he's a very sub-par replacement for RVP.

Now today your saying our current managerial appointment is brick and we should have gone for a completely unproven in the Prem French manager just on the off chance he might recreate what the great Wenger's done..

You either need to grow some balls and get some pride, or get back to Arsemania and stop with WUM business, just IMO of course.

Was reading on a diff forum how levy apparently had AVB lined up for a couple months, and had him scouting players for the club. Now this sounded like a load of tosh to me personally, but i think someone on here said he had been out scouting in Brazil recently, could it be possible?? Would levy really have approached someone else again before the previous man is gone?

IIRC Steff said on here that Levy had conversations with AVB about succeeding Redknapp this summer over a year ago (i.e. pre-Chelsea).

I never said Harry finished top four three times in a row. We finished top six (top five actually!) for three successive seasons. Something we last managed in the 60's.

It's the Chairman's responsiblity to the club and fans to provide clarity. Redknapp failed to get Champion's League (two seasons running) and was axed. End of.

Just give it up now MK. The Redcrap era is over TFFT. He failed us twice running. He has left any new manager with a brickstick - a dispirited team (3wins in 13), a disjointed squad, (no cover in key positions, many wantaway players, and only a single striker) and ageing players in key positions (goal keeper, cbs).

AVB wasnt my choice, but I will certainly get fully behind him and really hope he can deliver. He is however starting with one hand tied behind his back thanks to Arry and will need all the help he can get. I wish him every good luck in the daunting task ahead. COYS

Just give it up now MK. The Redcrap era is over TFFT. He failed us twice running. He has left any new manager with a brickstick - a dispirited team (3wins in 13), a disjointed squad, (no cover in key positions, many wantaway players, and only a single striker) and ageing players in key positions (goal keeper, cbs).

AVB wasnt my choice, but I will certainly get fully behind him and really hope he can deliver. He is however starting with one hand tied behind his back thanks to Arry and will need all the help he can get. I wish him every good luck in the daunting task ahead. COYS

Indeed.

Bayern's loss was almost worth it to expediate bringing us back on course for long-term and sustainable progression.

Indeed.

Bayern's loss was almost worth it to expediate bringing us back on course for long-term and sustainable progression.

Now that is over the top even for you GB.

You enjoyed watching those ****s spawn their way to a Champions League title and deny us a place this season?

Easily one of the worst days of my Spurs life and it didn't even involve Spurs playing!!

Indeed.

The most ridiculous comment on this forum which shows you will put your own personal opinion above the success of Tottenham Hotspur. No real fan would stoop that low.

I'm open-minded about it.

AVB was phenomenal at Porto; yet a disaster at Chelsea. So, he's kinda in the middle in terms of 'reputation'.

Had no problem at all with Harry, and I'd happily have seen him continue. Harry delivered a record of: 4th, 5th, 4th, so AVB will have to do better than that to - in my eyes - justify the change, otherwise we're going backwards.

Happy to support him though; he'll need it. But make no mistake about it: Daniel Levy has now raised my expectations and I expect AVB to deliver better than the 4th place which Harry Redknapp twice delivered.

The pressure is on, Andre.

The most ridiculous comment on this forum which shows you will put your own personal opinion above the success of Tottenham Hotspur. No real fan would stoop that low.

Exactly!

That would be like me or MK saying we hope Spurs finish in the bottom half just to prove Levy wrong for firing Redknapp.

FFS put the good of the team ahead of your personal agendas!

Indeed.

Was gonna comment on this as I couldn't believe what you've said but I think the comments just above mine say it all.

Welcome to Spurs Andre. May you be a great success. We supporters are right behind you and I really hope you carry on the tradition of the beautiful football we Spurs fans are use to seeing. Also I sincerely hope that you quash my serious Juande Ramos fears.

This

adrian duram having a field day on avb on talksport

The bloke has a real chip on his shoulder about Spurs. I know he provokes arguments to get people to ring up, but tonight I lasted 3 minutes before I turned the f#cker off.
Credit to Goughie he was trying his best to defend AVB against him, but Durham was in anti-Spurs overdrive. I wont rise to his bait and so it was Galaxy FM for tonights drive home

Back