• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

Cznx7FMUoAIl2go.jpg

What a diverse group. White haired guys, dark haired guys, bald guys, guys with glasses.

Released in 2000
With an image from 1968
And quotes from the book 1984
Nothing really changes

"Testify" is a single by rap metal band Rage Against the Machine

The cover of the single was taken from the 1968 Olympics Black Power Salute. The song's lyrics notably make reference to George Orwell's novel 1984 through use of "The Party" slogan "Who controls the past (now), controls the future. Who controls the present (now), controls the past."

The music video, directed by Michael Moore, features a group of aliens, with the title card 'Aliens Plot To Conquer Earth' followed by 'Release The Mutant' after which a number of clips showing the two presidential candidates at the time (George W. Bush and Al Gore for the 2000 US Presidential Election) stating the same policies and views on important issues, and the movie aims to highlight the lack of choice in the US electoral system. This is spoofed in the video as the images of Bush and Gore are morphed together, thereby creating a "mutant" that "appears as two but speaks as one."

Other key themes in the video focus on America's reliance on oil, with several clips of the Gulf War, and lines at gas pumps accompanied by the lines "Mass graves for the pump and the price is set." Other clips display modern industrialization and the military industrial complex, juxtaposed against images of third world nations.

Other organizations, topics, and individuals displayed in the video include: Exxon, same sex relationships, Richard Nixon, Kenneth Starr, Bill Clinton, Oliver North, Monica Lewinsky, Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush, Pope John Paul II, General Norman Schwarzkopf, the Christian Coalition, monster truck rallies, the Republican Revolution, and the corporate donations that each candidate has received.

The similarities between the two candidates are displayed through soundbites of their speeches. Among the topics that George W. Bush and Al Gore agree on, as shown in the video: support of the death penalty, prosperity through free trade, investing in the future, support of clean air, and a ban on soft money. Each candidate concludes by stating "GHod Bless America."

The video ends with a quote from Ralph Nader: "If you're not turned on to politics, politics will turn on you."

During the presidential election it was heavily rumored a recording existed of President-elect Donald Trump saying racial slurs on the set of “The Apprentice.” Now a major Hollywood star has come forward to say that they possess the recording and that they’ve had it for quite some time.

While giving an interview on KIRO Radio in Seattle to promote a new performance comedian Tom Arnold announced that he has the recording, and that it has been listened to by hundreds of individuals. Arnold said, “I have the outtakes to ‘The Apprentice’ where he says every bad thing ever, every offensive, racist thing ever. I have that.”

Apparently, according to Arnold, the recording exists as a compilation of Trump’s racist and abusive behavior while on set which was created by the show’s producers. Arnold went on to say:

Because when the people sent it to me, it was funny. Hundreds of people have seen these. It was sort of a Christmas video they put together. He wasn’t going to be President of the United States. It was him sitting in that chair saying the N-word, saying the C-word, calling his son a retread, just being so mean to his own children. Oh, this is so funny, this is this guy.

Further Arnold claims the Hillary Clinton campaign knew he was in possession of the dastardly recording, and that they asked him to release it to the public. Arnold says he refused their request in an effort to protect the individuals who passed the file to him:

The Sunday before the election, I get a call from Arnold’s (Schwarzenegger) CAA agent, sitting next to Hillary Clinton. They said, ‘I need you to release him saying the N-word.’ I said, ‘Well, now these people, two editors and an associate producer, are scared to death. They’re scared of his people, they’re scared of they’ll never work again, there’s a $5 million confidentiality agreement.

The $5 million penalty a producer under contract would be subject to if they released the recording has been discussed openly by Emmy-winning producer Chris Nee back in October, 2016. Nee said she personally did not possess the recording, but posted on Twitter that she knew of its existence. The tweet has since been deleted, but thanks to the magic of the Internet here it is:

nee.jpg

Considering the recording is becoming a poorly kept secret, it is only a matter of time before it finds its way to the public consciousness. Trump’s nemesis billionaire Mark Cuban has offered to employ any person who releases the tape “for life.” However, Arnold believes that when the recording is finally leaked it won’t matter to Trump’s supporters:

I think if the people that like him saw him saying the N-word, he’s sitting matter-of-factly in front of there has to be 30 people there, and he’s matter-of-factly saying all of this stuff. So I think they would have liked him more, the people. For being politically incorrect.

There is no accounting for taste, and Trump’s supporters have shown they welcome his incendiary and despicable rhetoric. After Trump bragged about sexually assaulting women and getting away with the crime due to being rich and famous, his supporters were more interested in emails sent by Hillary Clinton.

this will end up being very good or vey bad and the odds are towards the latter at the moment

Back