• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

Matt Damon on Trump:

DIrJjCvVwAAOf9l

Take notice, Mr.Drumpf.

Germany boss Joachim Low blasts supporters who shouted 'Nazi-era' chants and disrupted minute's silence against Czech Republic: 'I'm disgusted these fans embarrassed our country'
By Glen Williams For Mailonline

PUBLISHED: 17:01 BST, 3 September 2017 | UPDATED: 17:07 BST, 3 September 2017

Joachim Low has slammed a section of Germany fans for their behaviour during Friday night's World Cup qualifier against Czech Republic.

Some supporters were heard shouting alleged Nazi-era chants of 'Sieg Hail' ('Hail Victory') and whistling during the pre-match minute's silence — which was to commemorate the death of two Czech officials.

The German players chose to snub their travelling supporters following the match in Prague, with Mats Hummels — who headed home the decider in the 2-1 win — branding the culprits 'trouble-makers and hooligans'.

43DD35A300000578-4848738-image-a-1_1504453973169.jpg

+5
Germany boss Joachim Low has branded some supporters an 'embarrassment' to the country

43CE15AE00000578-4848738-image-a-3_1504454088864.jpg

And Low took it upon himself to blast the 'so-called fans' ahead of Monday's clash with Norway

And Low was adamant he weigh in on the behaviour of the 'embarrassing' German contingent at the Eden Arena before speaking about his side's crucial tie against Norway on Monday.

'I'm extremely disappointed about what happened during the minute's silence,' Low said.

'Those are not our fans. I'm disgusted that these so-called fans embarrassed our country on an international stage.

'As a team we want to stand for good values and a tolerant, open-minded Germany. I think that every one of those people should not be allowed in the stadium.'

Low will hope to put the negativity brought by that section of supporters behind him and look to carry the positive result through to Monday's Group C clash.

Take notice, Mr.Drumpf.

Germany boss Joachim Low blasts supporters who shouted 'Nazi-era' chants and disrupted minute's silence against Czech Republic: 'I'm disgusted these fans embarrassed our country'

Joachim Low has slammed a section of Germany fans for their behaviour during Friday night's World Cup qualifier against Czech Republic.

Some supporters were heard shouting alleged Nazi-era chants of 'Sieg Hail' ('Hail Victory') and whistling during the pre-match minute's silence — which was to commemorate the death of two Czech officials.

The German players chose to snub their travelling supporters following the match in Prague, with Mats Hummels — who headed home the decider in the 2-1 win — branding the culprits 'trouble-makers and hooligans'.

+5
Germany boss Joachim Low has branded some supporters an 'embarrassment' to the country

And Low took it upon himself to blast the 'so-called fans' ahead of Monday's clash with Norway

And Low was adamant he weigh in on the behaviour of the 'embarrassing' German contingent at the Eden Arena before speaking about his side's crucial tie against Norway on Monday.

'I'm extremely disappointed about what happened during the minute's silence,' Low said.

'Those are not our fans. I'm disgusted that these so-called fans embarrassed our country on an international stage.

'As a team we want to stand for good values and a tolerant, open-minded Germany. I think that every one of those people should not be allowed in the stadium.'

Low will hope to put the negativity brought by that section of supporters behind him and look to carry the positive result through to Monday's Group C clash.

Alex Jones will do a video saying that the Czech fans were just as bad.

Take notice, Mr.Drumpf.

+5

I think we can all (ok maybe not some to the west) understand why such behaviour is illegal in Germany and that is why this happens "away"

But I do think it is time governments started looking at how certain laws start becoming a feeling of oppression and silencing and examining how much this just sends those views underground and strengthens them in their echo chamber, often combining it with an anti establishment angle.

I think we can all (ok maybe not some to the west) understand why such behaviour is illegal in Germany and that is why this happens "away"

But I do think it is time governments started looking at how certain laws start becoming a feeling of oppression and silencing and examining how much this just sends those views underground and strengthens them in their echo chamber, often combining it with an anti establishment angle.

I honestly think that is what has happened the last 15 years in the west. I for example think women and men should be equal, but when the militant feminist get listened to and political people accepting their views as the norm it puts peoples backs up.

Political correctness was great at the start because ethnics were not treated fairly but when you then start leaving behind other groups you will get the problems we have.

I also feel pensioners have gotten off easy in the age of austrety which is unfair.

I honestly think that is what has happened the last 15 years in the west. I for example think women and men should be equal, but when the militant feminist get listened to and political people accepting their views as the norm it puts peoples backs up.

Political correctness was great at the start because ethnics were not treated fairly but when you then start leaving behind other groups you will get the problems we have.

I also feel pensioners have gotten off easy in the age of austrety which is unfair.

Completely agree.
For me it's the best (and only) good thing to come from Brexit - it has made me realise this. I would have said the opposite a few years ago.

I also feel pensioners have gotten off easy in the age of austerity which is unfair.

This is the biggest and most unfair imbalance in our current economy. Feel sorry for the average earning under 35 y.o..

From a letter written in 1905 by Friedrich Trump, Donald Trump’s grandfather, to Luitpold, prince regent of Bavaria. Trump had been ordered to leave Bavaria for failing to complete mandatory military service and to register his initial emigration to the United States twenty years earlier. Prince Luitpold rejected Trump’s request for repatriation; the family later settled in New York. Translated from the German by Austen Hinkley.

Most Serene, Most Powerful Prince Regent! Most Gracious Regent and Lord!

I was born in Kallstadt on March 14, 1869. My parents were honest, plain, pious vineyard workers. They strictly held me to everything good — to diligence and piety, to regular attendance in school and church, to absolute obedience toward the high authority.

After my confirmation, in 1882, I apprenticed to become a barber. I emigrated in 1885, in my sixteenth year. In America I carried on my business with diligence, discretion, and prudence. GHod’s blessing was with me, and I became rich. I obtained American citizenship in 1892. In 1902 I met my current wife. Sadly, she could not tolerate the climate in New York, and I went with my dear family back to Kallstadt.

The town was glad to have received a capable and productive citizen. My old mother was happy to see her son, her dear daughter-in-law, and her granddaughter around her; she knows now that I will take care of her in her old age.

But we were confronted all at once, as if by a lightning strike from fair skies, with the news that the High Royal State Ministry had decided that we must leave our residence in the Kingdom of Bavaria. We were paralyzed with fright; our happy family life was tarnished. My wife has been overcome by anxiety, and my lovely child has become sick.

Why should we be deported? This is very, very hard for a family. What will our fellow citizens think if honest subjects are faced with such a decree — not to mention the great material losses it would incur. I would like to become a Bavarian citizen again.

In this urgent situation I have no other recourse than to turn to our adored, noble, wise, and just sovereign lord, our exalted ruler His Royal Highness, highest of all, who has already dried so many tears, who has ruled so beneficially and justly and wisely and softly and is warmly and deeply loved, with the most humble request that the highest of all will himself in mercy deign to allow the applicant to stay in the most gracious Kingdom of Bavaria.

Your most humble and obedient,

Friedrich Trump

https://harpers.org/archive/2017/03/the-emigrants/

Trump truly is something new—the first president whose entire political existence hinges on the fact of a black president. And so it will not suffice to say that Trump is a white man like all the others who rose to become president. He must be called by his rightful honorific—America’s first white president.

Back